Image file size in gallery

chaserslut

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

To manage your attached images, use the "My Attachments" option (right below "Profile") from the pull-down menu on your avatar/screen name at the upper left of the home page.

Deleting all my pics but I can't seem to delete the three attachments I have. There's no option I can see to do so, am I missing something obvious?

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, ReluctantSlut said:

Deleting all my pics but I can't seem to delete the three attachments I have. There's no option I can see to do so, am I missing something obvious?

Moderator's Note: If you will find the posts where the images are attached and make a report asking for them to be deleted, someone on staff will do it for you. 

I would add this, at the risk of possibly pissing off a few people: I don't think there's a whole lot of reason for posting a picture with a post in the forums 99% of the time. I mean, if the post is in a topic called "how big a gape can you make your hole?" it might be relevant to post a pic of said hole as evidence for whatever you're claiming, but in general, an "I like getting raw fucked by big dicks" doesn't need a visual explanation of what you mean.

It's not that I object to explicit pics - far from it. But the forums are for discussion and sharing information, and random pics that boil down to some form of bragging don't really add to the discussion or the shared information. So unless someone is a prolific poster and has a lot of illustrations of points he's trying to make (where the illustration actually adds to the discussion), I can't see why this total posting image size is such an issue.

2 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I don't think there's a whole lot of reason for posting a picture with a post in the forums 99% of the time.

The 1%, of course, would be instances like the ‘Let’s See Your Holes’ thread (up to 34 pages of image posts since last June)(!) where the pictures are the point. Another instance was one like you talk about in your last paragraph - an info topic I started on speculums, where speculums are not well known to readers and trying to describe them without images would have been challenging. But as you rightly point out, the forums are principally for discussion, not show-and-tell, especially the kind where people are posting pics in thread to satisfy an exhibitionist/exposure fetish. That functionality is provided by the Gallery feature.

• Upvote 1

Having read this thread a number of times since it arrived, I have a question:  when I tried, the - what do we call the response the computer gives us? - said the "files" were too "dense".  Is that the same issue as you're all discussing?  Or was that the computer telling me off?  In this arena, I already know how "dense" I am .... 

• Haha 1

would it be nice to be able to upload a photo or.gif more than 1 mbin size? yes.  is it frustrating to not be able to share something you find interest in? also yes. Do we have to deal with disappointment in life? indeed we do.  is it fun? no, but its also a first world problem.   There are a ton of free online photo file optimizers, editors, and file shrinkers that are free to use and display photos in a format best optimized for modern hand held devices  without much fuss.

there is no real need to get upset or pissy about the file size when you can reduce e the files with a few clicks. I donit all the time from my phone. 

Does every image I want to upload or reshape wind up posted, sadly no.  but some things just don't have a place here. if it is that much of a big deal. one could use any number of ways to share and trade images amongst ourselves. it is not hard, unlike some dicks. 

3 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Having read this thread a number of times since it arrived, I have a question:  when I tried, the - what do we call the response the computer gives us? - said the "files" were too "dense".  Is that the same issue as you're all discussing?  Or was that the computer telling me off?  In this arena, I already know how "dense" I am .... 

I haven’t seen that before…anywhere. Digital images are not usually described (as in, anywhere I’ve ever seen or heard) in terms of ‘density’. The only thing I can think of is that it’s saying the file is saved an excessive resolution, for instance at 300ppi rather than 72ppi, but I’ve never encountered a system sensitive to resolution before.

In my professional work, I very often received image files to work with whose resolu

Really, the only way to be certain that your image files are optimized for uploading to a website is to take the extra step of converting them before you make the attempt.

I had this size problem years ago when bz started. Never got resolved. Also why I don't have an avatar. One thing that might be a clue, no matter how small I made a pic, got down to 2 x 2 pixels, it was still too big. I saw a post once that suggested that it was too big because there was no place to put the file. As in no directory to put it in. That may explain why some people can upload hundreds of pics, and some can't do any. I never experimented with that theory tho, and just gave up.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.