Who pays for all the new immigrants on the southern border?

hntnhole

• Moderators

People who get paid under the table still pay taxes when they take that money and buy good and services with it. Doubtless a lot of temporary workers are sending money home, but they still have living expenses while they are here. Also, the payroll taxes that they aren't paying largely go to fund social programs that they have no access to being undocumented. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, drscorpio said:

People who get paid under the table still pay taxes when they take that money and buy good and services with it. Doubtless a lot of temporary workers are sending money home, but they still have living expenses while they are here. Also, the payroll taxes that they aren't paying largely go to fund social programs that they have no access to being undocumented. 

That's not the case in NYC.

9 hours ago, topblkmale said:

That's not the case in NYC.

Yes, it is.

Undocumented people who are getting social services in a place like NYC are getting that assistance from LOCAL money - money raised from state and local taxes. States aren't allowed to spend federal money that way, generally speaking, and federally funded programs are (by and large) not available to undocumented persons. Moreover, @drscorpiospecifically referenced "payroll taxes", which are the FICA portion of withholding from a paycheck - which fund Social Security and Medicare, neither of which is available to an undocumented person. (Income taxes are not "payroll taxes", by definition.)

It's true that, for instance, undocumented children still get to go to public schools. But again, those are funded almost entirely with state and local funds (>92%), and certainly not with payroll taxes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, 120DaysofSodom said:

People are more concerned about their taxes going to help people than they are with our government wasting it on the military industrial complex. SMH.

Lets not forget the corporate welfare that is rampant in this country. The oil industry alone rakes in around 20 billion dollars a year in subsidies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, akula said:

corporate welfare

Which, I'm assuming, also includes the armaments industry - with the politicians pants down, bent over, spreading their cheeks to receive the shovels-full of money from the industry that is providing the equipment that's mowing down little kids in school, on and on, ad nauseum.  Here in FL, our - I can't even describe him as an actual governor - is busy restricting books, endorsing hatreds of every kind and description, signing bills that allow the nutcases to carry guns without even obtaining a permit, every anti-social thing he can come up with. 

At least, his battles with Mickey Mouse aren't proving so successful - not quite yet, anyway .... 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

Which, I'm assuming, also includes the armaments industry - with the politicians pants down, bent over, spreading their cheeks to receive the shovels-full of money from the industry that is providing the equipment that's mowing down little kids in school, on and on, ad nauseum.  Here in FL, our - I can't even describe him as an actual governor - is busy restricting books, endorsing hatreds of every kind and description, signing bills that allow the nutcases to carry guns without even obtaining a permit, every anti-social thing he can come up with. 

At least, his battles with Mickey Mouse aren't proving so successful - not quite yet, anyway .... 

I agree, I don't think shithead has any clue how big of a fucking the mouse is going to give him. They have had decades to come up with plans just in case some idiot gov tries flexing his muscle like what's happening right now. I'm pretty confident deshithead will keep getting slapped down.

• Like 1

Hi my US-boys!

I think if I start to talk about my monthly payments (taxes, health system, social system) here in Austria you get a heart attack. Every refugee from Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq (where we did not send ONE soldier for fighting) has the full right for medical care, food and accommodation in my country. The good thing is we have no criminality. No guns, no gangs. You can  sleep drunken in the street.
So what do you pay for the immigrants?  When they serve the burger for you they are fine? When they dump their load in you, you like them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 120DaysofSodom said:

People are more concerned about their taxes going to help people than they are with our government wasting it on the military industrial complex. SMH.

Nobody should be pointing to anything (or almost anything) that is being done inside the US. Yes, the military industrial complex is out of control spending when we spend 25 times as much on it as the combined military spending of our top 25 allies. Oil subsidies shouldn't exist, price caps should. But what is relevant to the humans on our border literally dying for the chance of a better life are the conditions of the countries south of us. Until those countries are either coaxed or forced (I don't mean military force) into moving into better sustainability and better investment in their people, all the aid we send them won't do a thing - because it hasn't yet. 
Now, our policies towards the countries these people are fleeing from are something to point at. And those are largely shaped by corporate influence. And that corporate influence came from our meddling, usurpation and out right treachery in those countries. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, topblkmale said:

More are coming from the US-MX border here to the NYC area where we have adequate if not UNLIMITED resources to house, feed and provide free bilingual education to their kids.

Then two decades from now, they’ll be wagging their finger at black people, telling them they just need “work harder” and telling us tall tales about how the came over here with $8 and made something from nothing.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 10:53 PM, BlackDude said:

Then two decades from now, they’ll be wagging their finger at black people, telling them they just need “work harder” and telling us tall tales about how the came over here with $8 and made something from nothing.  

True.

On 5/12/2023 at 8:30 PM, topblkmale said:

More are coming from the US-MX border here to the NYC area where we have adequate if not UNLIMITED resources to house, feed and provide free bilingual education to their kids.

Preach it, brother.

Edited by Hottightass4u
Left out comment.

5 hours ago, Hottightass4u said:

No, shit, Sir.  A 10 year-old with common sense knows that.

That many latinos from Central and South America, and Latin America can be super racist, yes that is correct.