OK, Explain: Bottom Profiles With Cock Pics

ErosWired

We see them all the time - bottoms who post profiles, in which they say up front that they’re bottoms, looking to suck or get fucked - and yet their main pic, or their avatar, is a cock pic. If you are one of these men, please, for all our sakes, explain why you do this. It’s maddening. On the face of it, there’s no rational reason for it. Hell, half of the bottoms here don’t even want their cocks touched.

The first principle of marketing is that the thing you’re trying to sell is the thing you put in the shop window; if you’re trying to get people to come in and but peaches you don’t put cucumbers in the shop window, you put peaches.

Good day, sir, I’d like to buy one of your longest, thickest cucumbers, if you please. And two walnuts while you’re at it.

We don’t sell cucumbers, sir, or walnuts either, but we have some very succulent peaches.

Then why does the sign outside say ‘Cucumber Market’, and why are you advertising walnuts as buy-one-get-one-free?

I don’t get it. Most of us don’t. If there is an actual, sensible reason for doing this, please explain. If there isn’t, please, please stop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

idk, it mystifies me too. 

i've gotten to the place where i don't even think of myself, or feel like i have a "cock."  i'm not deluded. i know i have a penis, but to me it's not a "cock" or "dick," because i am not wired to use it as such. i think of a "cock" as way more than a physical organ. i see it as part of a Man that He uses to penetrate, fuck, orgasm, inseminate, possess,__________, another with. i don't have one of those. i'm wired in a complimentary way for a Man, i e. i have a hole and place for Him and His cock. To express that visually, i often share this pic where i have my penis tucked. It's not as though i don't want what i have, it's just different. Though i am not a trans person, and have no desire to be a woman, sexually my organs are more like a woman's than a Mans. my penis is functionally more like a clitoris and my anus like a vagina. i don't use those words, they don't fit either, slang terms  like "pussy" or "clitty" can work, depending on who is using them, but i don't have a "cock" or "dick."

IMG_0061.jpg

• Like 1

It’s simple. I’m a bottom and I like to cover my bases. There are more verse guys then there are total tops. If a verse guy looks at your profile and spots a cock he can suck on as well as an ass to pound out, then it’s a win-win situation for both parties. We do this because we want all the trouble of cleaning out to yield higher results. I’m guessing that tops don’t understand this because all they have to do is show up and fuck. Don’t get me wrong, we like this about you guys, but you don’t walk a mile in our shoes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RawAriesBottom said:

It’s simple. I’m a bottom and I like to cover my bases. There are more verse guys then there are total tops. If a verse guy looks at your profile and spots a cock he can suck on as well as an ass to pound out, then it’s a win-win situation for both parties. We do this because we want all the trouble of cleaning out to yield higher results. I’m guessing that tops don’t understand this because all they have to do is show up and fuck. Don’t get me wrong, we like this about you guys, but you don’t walk a mile in our shoes. 

It still doesn’t make sense to me, though. If you post a cock pic, you don’t just get Vers guys who are also looking to suck, you’re also broadcasting to bottoms (by far the majority of those looking - that you’re a potential Topping candidate. Fending off all the unwanted fucking requests from bottoms would, to my mind, outweigh any potential benefit to ‘covering your bases’.

Plus - and I‘ve been told this by multiple Tops - when a Top is browsing profiles to find a cunt to fuck, what he wants to see is ass, so he can decide if he wants it. They’ve gone so far as to take pics of me to show me what motivates a Top: All ass. You might snag a Vers Top who also wants to suck, but Tops who just want to fuck are likely to give you a pass.

Additionally, when I see a profile with a cock pic that claims to be a bottom, I immediately suspect the person is trying to bait-and-switch other bottoms in the hope of persuading them to Top instead of getting fucked as expected. That’s not covering bases, that’s attempting to widen the pool of candidates by deception. Not saying you’re one of this type, but they’re definitely out there.

Personally, I don’t even give out a cock pic even if requested, because if a guy is asking for it, he has a reason, probably involving his wanting to be penetrated in some way. If the guy’s after my cock, he’s likely to be a problem encounter, and certain to leave disappointed. The only time anyone sees my cock in a pic is A) if we’re discussing piercings; B) if we’re discussing cock cages; or C) if it’s incidentally visible in my ass pic.

• Upvote 4

I never show my cock on my profile or send cock pics (I don't even have any anyway).

My cock is small and worthless and I was born to be a top cock loving bottom cumdump. 

My hole is my main sexual organ. 

3 minutes ago, tallslenderguy said:

To me if a bottom has a cock pic, they are more versatile or versatile bottom. I think it’s just part of the spectrum reality, some of us are total bottom and don’t want our penis touched, but there varying degrees of Top and bottom in between 

Absolutely agree with the varying degrees, I'm 100% gay and have never done anything sexual with a woman, and also 100% bottom for fucking.

However that said, here is where the degrees come in, I have also loved a shapely ass and admiring a beautiful hole, which I will happily rim, felch, use toys on and have even been known to FF if in the mood. 

A wonderful case in example was meeting a 28 year old in Gran Canaria last year, I don't normally go for guys that young, however he was handsome. He was chubby chasing and asked what I was into, I told him I was only looking to get fucked and it had to be BB which suited him. He proceeded to fuck me with plenty of energy and shortly after shot his load deep within. Needless to say I wanted more, so I said to him, you've got a great ass, I maybe bottom but love rimming, can I rim you? He obligingly turned round and I got stuck in, with him getting another erection soon after I started. He told me he was hard again, and I said do you want to go again? Fortunately for me he was more than happy to do so and because he had already come, he took longer to come the second time round, but he did, so I was more than happy, and now even consider approaches from guys I normally wouldn't have gone for based on their age.

• Like 4

As the main pic?  I'd have to agree here in that it's odd to have it as the main photo....the advertising should focus on the part intended to be used (literally and figuratively).  But I've also had tops who enjoy sucking me off after he's done fucking me - kind of he fills my ass, so I should fill his mouth.  It's fortunate for those men that I totally love that (and love it even more if they snog my load with me after I'm done shooting - but I digress)

I do have a picture of my cock on my profiles, but it's by no means my main photo - usually, it's one of my locked photos on top of thatt....reminds me that I need to check on that real quick.

I tried not having a cock pic at all.

It didn't go well.

Guys were always asking for a dick pic even though I was clear on my profiles that I'm a total bottom. It seems lots of tops have a thing about the bottom's dick (small, big, cum volume, locked, etc.) which made it matter to them somehow. Versatile guys too. I tried sending pics of my locked cock to reinforce that I'm a bottom, but it doesn't appeal to most tops and narrowed the breeder pool too much. On squirt, the only way I got much attention was with a dick pic for my main profile pic (I tried a timed experiment, the dick pic drove more messages and chats than anything else). I swapped it out for an ass pic eventually, taking the hit in traffic to get fewer more qualified breeder leads.

In the end I had to put dick pics as secondary images on my profiles to avoid having to send them to prospective breeders who request them. The downside is low-comprehension high-intoxication bottoms sending "Breed me!" messages.

I think it's tough to get by without a dick pic at all.

6 hours ago, RawAriesBottom said:

It’s simple. I’m a bottom and I like to cover my bases. There are more verse guys then there are total tops. If a verse guy looks at your profile and spots a cock he can suck on as well as an ass to pound out, then it’s a win-win situation for both parties.

As a verse guy that has been more versatile top than fully versatile over time, I agree with your sentiment. I'm not going to respond to a guy that doesn't have a dick pick in their profile. I find guys that are cruising for man on man sex that take their own cock out of the equation a turn off. I have even posted a few rants about bottoms showing up at sex clubs and bathhouses in chastity device, because I see that as the same message.

I would also guess from poll results and personal experience that even among total tops the percentage that don't like to play with and suck their partners cock is probably less than 10%, since total tops make up less than 10% of the population looking for gay sex on the hookup apps, it means less than 1% of the total population of men using the hookup apps don't want to see a picture of your cock. If you want to look at it from the perspective of men that will top at all, which is less than 50% of the population to start with, it is still less than 2% of your potential partners that don't want to know what your cock looks like.

I know more than one top who refuses to fuck a bottom with a small cock. I know plenty of tops who want to fuck, do not want to GET fucked, but want a big cock on the bottom to jack off, to play with, or whatever.

Moreover, this strikes me as one of those pointless rants. If the OP is a bottom, he can ignore any profile that lists the owner as a bottom, whether or not he's got a cock pic. The real question is why this bothers someone when it doesn't affect him.

2 hours ago, blackrobe said:

I tried not having a cock pic at all.

It didn't go well.

Guys were always asking for a dick pic even though I was clear on my profiles that I'm a total bottom. It seems lots of tops have a thing about the bottom's dick (small, big, cum volume, locked, etc.) which made it matter to them somehow. Versatile guys too. I tried sending pics of my locked cock to reinforce that I'm a bottom, but it doesn't appeal to most tops and narrowed the breeder pool too much. On squirt, the only way I got much attention was with a dick pic for my main profile pic (I tried a timed experiment, the dick pic drove more messages and chats than anything else). I swapped it out for an ass pic eventually, taking the hit in traffic to get fewer more qualified breeder leads.

In the end I had to put dick pics as secondary images on my profiles to avoid having to send them to prospective breeders who request them. The downside is low-comprehension high-intoxication bottoms sending "Breed me!" messages.

I think it's tough to get by without a dick pic at all.

I have also encountered guys in the past who insisted on dick pics, yet claimed to be Top. I think it goes back to the spectrum reality that we are all on. That said, I haven’t but a penis pic on a hook up site for years. For me there’s an energy or aura associated with a Man who doesn’t think of me as having a “cock” that I am drawn to as much getting bred. If he shows interest in me having a “cock”, I have the wrong Top.  Anonymous can get around those discussions, so no doubt I’ve been fucked by that kind of Top, but not consciously. If it becomes relational at all, if they want cock, I pass and wish them the best. I don’t begrudge anyone their want, I accept I’m not what every man wants, but I want to connect as deeply as I can, and I’m not being true to myself to pretend to have something that I don’t 

4 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Moreover, this strikes me as one of those pointless rants. If the OP is a bottom, he can ignore any profile that lists the owner as a bottom, whether or not he's got a cock pic. The real question is why this bothers someone when it doesn't affect him.

A pointless rant? I’m not the first person to ever comment on this, and the thrust of the topic is asking for an explanation of something I genuinely don’t understand. It wasn’t a rhetorical question. Just because a topic doesn’t happen to engage you doesn’t make it pointless.

So far, I still don’t. The reasons given don’t  reflect the nature of the Tops I’ve experienced, and that experience involves a number of Tops that is statistically significantly by any measure. I’m sorry, but the idea that a majority of Tops want to play with a bottom’s cock, or refuse a fuck if they can’t get a pic of one, doesn’t wash. I get fucked plenty, and practically no Top ever asks to see my cock, nor touches me beyond a quick feel, if all, and the great majority don’t. I don’t have a lot of locked photos, and where I do, I unlock them on request. It’s extremely uncommon for someone to ask for a cock shot once they’ve seen the rest.

And, it does affect me. If I’m hosting, I don’t like being baited-and-switched by someone who isn’t actually looking to fuck and tries to get my interest with a cock he doesn’t intend to use. Again, not all those who post such a pic are guilty of that, but it happens. Yes, I could, and do, pass such profiles over if I’m surveying who’s available; it’s the ones that approach me that are the nuisance. And no, I couldn’t just ignore them, I don’t ignore people who take the time to contact me.

As mentioned in another post above, I do understand, given some of the reasons given, why a bottom might post a cock pic among a set of images - that goes with the cover-your-bases idea. But not as the main image.

6 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

I would also guess from poll results and personal experience that even among total tops the percentage that don't like to play with and suck their partners cock is probably less than 10%, since total tops make up less than 10% of the population looking for gay sex on the hookup apps, it means less than 1% of the total population of men using the hookup apps don't want to see a picture of your cock. If you want to look at it from the perspective of men that will top at all, which is less than 50% of the population to start with, it is still less than 2% of your potential partners that don't want to know what your cock looks like.

Your personal experience must reflect the norm in the PNW, which, by your own frequent descriptions, is not the norm elsewhere. The figures you speculate may or may not be accurate where you live, but I think you’re projecting your personal taste onto the population of Tops at large and trying to extrapolate from that. There’s no way I can have taken the amount of cock I have in the place I’m in if 90% of available Tops disqualify me for not having a cock pic. That’s just not happening.