Racist Grindr - privilidge or prference

brnbk

5 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

It has an edit button. It's active for about 10 minutes after you make a post. You should have been able to edit your post by clicking on the "..." menu at the upper right corner and selecting "edit". If you don't see "edit" in that menu, use the report option to request that a moderator make the change for you.

Wow, I  Ike it when Mr. Viking 8 X 6, doesn't find me inches  across from his  verbal corrections.  I  have been here for  a year now and made some major, if bot embarrassing mistakes. Though I may not be his favorite poster Mr. Viking 8X6 has showed me the errors of my ways without making me feel  like a dumb ass.  Have I been stupid,  Sure!!

Let's allow the mods  to do their jobs because frankly, it is tough for them and they get little compensation (none) for having  to keep all of us in line!

On 3/29/2023 at 1:37 PM, brnbk said:

Racist Grindr - privilidge or prference

Grindr announced last week that citizens inhabitants of the United States would get free HIV kits but no such program has been announced for Canada or Mexico. Does Grindr not think that people in other parts of America, let alone the world and ones which have similar infection rates as the US deserve HIV kits as well or is this privilege only for the US.

The above post is an excellent example of misuse of the word Racist
GRINDR nor the company they’ve partnered with to distribute the hiv kits have given no indication that the kits are being offered exclusively to any one race nor that any race of people is being excluded.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ellentonboy said:

Wow, I  Ike it when Mr. Viking 8 X 6, doesn't find me inches  across from his  verbal corrections.  I  have been here for  a year now and made some major, if bot embarrassing mistakes. Though I may not be his favorite poster Mr. Viking 8X6 has showed me the errors of my ways without making me feel  like a dumb ass.  Have I been stupid,  Sure!!

Let's allow the mods  to do their jobs because frankly, it is tough for them and they get little compensation (none) for having  to keep all of us in line!

Though I doubt that there are financial compensations to being a moderator some really so enjoy being able to control others which for such a person is tremendously fulfilling.

10 minutes ago, Pig4Fucking said:

Though I doubt that there are financial compensations to being a moderator some really so enjoy being able to control others which for such a person is tremendously fulfilling.

I’m not a mod here, but I have been elsewhere, and I can tell you that the hassle and headache associated with moderating leaves very little margin for reward of any kind. I can’t imagine anyone finding it “tremendously fulfilling”. It’s a pain in the ass, and the people who need moderating in the first place just make it more so. The internet has become so uncivil that moderation is a practical necessity now that people have forgotten how to behave toward one another. Where you don’t have it, you get dumpster fires and cesspits. Without moderation, a place like this would go rancid in a hurry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

I’m not a mod here, but I have been elsewhere, and I can tell you that the hassle and headache associated with moderating leaves very little margin for reward of any kind. I can’t imagine anyone finding it “tremendously fulfilling”. It’s a pain in the ass, and the people who need moderating in the first place just make it more so. The internet has become so uncivil that moderation is a practical necessity now that people have forgotten how to behave toward one another. Where you don’t have it, you get dumpster fires and cesspits. Without moderation, a place like this would go rancid in a hurry.

Oh, I didn’t mean on here of course. I have noticed some moderators on sites who most apparently have control issues and become petty, going after certain posters with frequency. It’s sort of like the media, if they like you they tend to give leeway, ignore your infraction & if they don’t care for you they tend to pick on anything that they can make an issue (out) of.

3 hours ago, Pig4Fucking said:

The above post is an excellent example of misuse of the word Racist
GRINDR nor the company they’ve partnered with to distribute the hiv kits have given no indication that the kits are being offered exclusively to any one race nor that any race of people is being excluded.

Exactly.  Misuse of words cheapens them.  Calling things racist that aren't hurts legitimate accusations.

11 hours ago, Pig4Fucking said:

Control others?  If there were no moderators this place would be a nightmare.  There has to be someone to go to in certains scenarios.

1 hour ago, ellentonboy said:

Control others?  If there were no moderators this place would be a nightmare.  There has to be someone to go to in certains scenarios.

Oh, I didn’t mean on here of course. I have noticed some moderators

Again, I didn’t mean the moderators here. I was talking about moderators that I have noticed on other sites and yes, some just love to control people.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 3:21 PM, Muscledadbod said:

I notice Scruff has a search hashtag for "blackonly", but they don't have a "whiteonly" hashtag.

Not that I would ever use that, because I like black men, but sometimes see that when cruising some black guy's profiles.

Out of respect for the preferences of others, they should accommodate everyone or none at all in that regard.

Honestly do Scruff and Grindr need a white only hashtag? I mean that is the default…

3 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Interesting subject.

I do have a question though - Is grindr really as universally used as the "go-to" for cruising?  I've not used it before, just wondering .... 

One wonders, since Grindr isn’t actually very useful for cruising. On the other hand, if you’re trying to find a flake, a game-player, or a time-waster, it’s a gold mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 1:22 PM, BlackDude said:

Honestly do Scruff and Grindr need a white only hashtag? I mean that is the default…

Not in today's world.

On 4/2/2023 at 6:09 PM, ErosWired said:

One wonders, since Grindr isn’t actually very useful for cruising. On the other hand, if you’re trying to find a flake, a game-player, or a time-waster, it’s a gold mine.

The few times I've tried Grindr all I got were scammers trying to steal my information or blackmail me.  "Send me bitcoin or I will publish your pics"...  It's too bad, because if it worked it would be great.  Scammers and thieves ruin everything.

On 4/2/2023 at 7:09 PM, ErosWired said:

Grindr isn’t actually very useful for cruising

Maybe all those guys milling around RamRod in the early morning hours are using some other cruising app.  There aren't many sidewalks over there, and when virtually all the cars are being "driven" by guys staring at their phones, only occasionally glancing out the windshield, it can be really dangerous.  Thanks for the reply.

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2023 at 1:37 PM, brnbk said:

Grindr announced last week that citizens inhabitants of the United States would get free HIV kits but no such program has been announced for Canada or Mexico. Does Grindr not think that people in other parts of America, let alone the world and ones which have similar infection rates as the US deserve HIV kits as well or is this privilege only for the US.

I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if someone else has mentioned that Canada and Mexico have free universal health care. I'd guess that HIV kits are already free in those countries.