Good old Vaseline

19 hours ago, bbboyfucker said:

Back in the days I started fucking (1998) I would mostly use Vaseline as lube (although some older dudes had KY near their beds).

I remember the slick, somewhat greasy feeling that would make my dick slide easily into my partners' holes. 

Nowadays guys insist on water based lube that evaporate / absorb in our skin within a very short time.

Some guys do use silicon based lube. 

Love the feel of oil, and vaseline makes things that much smoother. KY? Not even for jacking off. The problem is that it dries, and constantly has to be reapplied. I love friction, but condoms plus dryness means plenty of chafing. Most days, I don't need  plenty of lube, but there's something to be said about the slick feeling of it around my cock, or my really horny hole. Insist on water-based lube? Not in my home, they don't.....

I've always loved Vaseline since I was very young and started fucking around. Love the thick slickness of it, and it doesn't dry up while you're having fun. There is also the bonus that it will shred condoms, hehe.

• Upvote 2

All of which ^ confirms - at least to me - that (in order of preference)  #1:  loads off previous Cocks, and #2:  good old spit - are my two go-to's. 

I do have some commercial stuff around, in case some guy specifically asks, but ..... 

I still use Vaseline to jack off, and to pre-lube my hole.  Sometimes I use coconut oil, which may be a better option for those who like to rim and felch but don't like the vaseline taste.  

I used to use Vaseline when I was a teenager. Moved towards water based because of condom use. As I got older, I found that Swiss Navy silicone lube lasts, but not as long as Vaseline. But Swiss Navy doesn't stain my sheets or my clothes.

• Moderators

I always thought Vaseline was too viscous, even when it warmed to body temperature.  Vegetable oils are good, but have much more tendency (IMO) to stain fabric.

A few years ago I tried mineral oil (which many pharmacies sell as a laxative), and found it great, although a little thinner than would be optimal. But totally non-drying and washes out easily with detergent.

Many years ago (in the late 80s) they used to sell a lube product that had a consistency far more similar to precum than anything I've seen since. It would form long strands when dripping out of its container (non-Newtonian behavior for you geeks out there) and truly resembled the real thing. It was made from some kind of modified cellulose, I think, and preserved with grapefruit extract - synthetic polymers replaced those not long thereafter (probably because they were cheaper) and I haven't seen anything like it since. It reminded me of a certain gentleman I met in a college bathroom, whose precum dripped in exactly similar long strands (a foot or more) and for whom I had an unholy fascination. I wanted him to fuck me so badly. Bare, though I don't think I comprehended that completely at the time. Those fluids in me... Such a naughty twink I was! 😈

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

I always thought Vaseline was too viscous, even when it warmed to body temperature.  Vegetable oils are good, but have much more tendency (IMO) to stain fabric.

A few years ago I tried mineral oil (which many pharmacies sell as a laxative), and found it great, although a little thinner than would be optimal. But totally non-drying and washes out easily with detergent.

Many years ago (in the late 80s) they used to sell a lube product that had a consistency far more similar to precum than anything I've seen since. It would form long strands when dripping out of its container (non-Newtonian behavior for you geeks out there) and truly resembled the real thing. It was made from some kind of modified cellulose, I think, and preserved with grapefruit extract - synthetic polymers replaced those not long thereafter (probably because they were cheaper) and I haven't seen anything like it since. It reminded me of a certain gentleman I met in a college bathroom, whose precum dripped in exactly similar long strands (a foot or more) and for whom I had an unholy fascination. I wanted him to fuck me so badly. Bare, though I don't think I comprehended that completely at the time. Those fluids in me... Such a naughty twink I was! 😈

Sounds like my precum. It eventually hits the floor, when I'm bent over the bench in the sauna darkroom 😉

Vaseline was what I used when I first started. I have used several others over the years. Someone mentioned Swiss Navy Lube, that is good stuff. I like it when bottoms take me in their mouth after I fuck them in the ass and some of the greasy stuff like vaseline isn't good for that. The water based lubes do dry out fast but that's not really a problem, just squirt some more in the crack of his ass and let it run down on your cock as you fuck. Spit is almost as good as cum for lube.

I have never used lard but now that I think of it that would probably be a good option for some of the pigs I have bred.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

I've never had a problem when my top used to use canola oil. Is it because of the different levels of fat? Might also be because I was usually in a sling!

It's appropriate that - given what some of us are into - canola is also known as ... rapeseed 🤪 The lube that I can no longer find which I used for solo play came in a silver tin with an orange label. Menthol-based, called "ice hot" or something like that.