Will you change your approach or "opinions" if a European country becomes officially Islamic?

Right now, the ruling leftist class and its chattering people (including people here) they either never talk about ISISlam any more, cause that would be confronting reality about why they lost to Trump 

.. or they pretend Islam is our "friends" or whatever.

Lots of European government show extreme deference to Islam and the idea that we all need to "love" Islam etc, and that lots of people from the Middle East should come here. In the UK, you get dragged off by our illiterate police force for protesting against it, or quoting the violent bits of the Koran in public to point out the reality of it. The same happened to a guy who quoted what Winston Churchill had to say about it.

I want to know what you would do, not hear lame excuses like "Well, there's no sign etc that that's about to happen etc". There's more to life than putting on a toga and saying "INSURRECTIOOOOOOON!" And shouting "insurreeectiooooon! sedittiioooon! FALSIFICAAAAYSHUUUUN!" at someone with a big beard who outlaws homosexuality, that would not work.

Edited by KERVORKIANjack
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Yes I do. I'm scared about islamic laws, countries where dissidents are tortured and killed, where you are OBLIGED to believe in their religion or you'll be jailed. 

Or worse - lapidated LGBT folks and whatever. 

No, I'm not phobic against single Muslim observants, but about Islamic culture being merged with politics. 

Am I scared about Christians too? Yes. Because religion gives, practically, infinite power to a politician who feels the direct representant of their religion's divinity. So, what humans say, has no longer reason to be taken into considerations. 

We have many of those in Europe, who claim to defend us all from Islamic autocracies... proposing theirs. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

The highly improbable event of a western European country turning into a islamic fundamentalist nation is as scary and undesirable as the less improbable event that the US turns into the fundamentalist christian nation that the psychotic christian right is hoping to achieve with their support for Trump.

I see no difference between the fundamentalist christian approach of government and muslim extremism. All the hope and dreams of the christian right: banning same sex marriages and abortions, death-penaly-o-rama, war on education, etc sound exactly like what they have in Iran. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 50latinos said:

The highly improbable event of a western European country turning into a islamic fundamentalist nation is as scary and undesirable as the less improbable event that the US turns into the fundamentalist christian nation that the psychotic christian right is hoping to achieve with their support for Trump.

I see no difference between the fundamentalist christian approach of government and muslim extremism. All the hope and dreams of the christian right: banning same sex marriages and abortions, death-penaly-o-rama, war on education, etc sound exactly like what they have in Iran. 

Same thought. Christian and  Islam. The two most important monotheistic religions are like this when their representants become extremists. About Jewish and Buddhists I know less, but the world is full of people, and full of cults - I do not fault the religion in general, but the men behind it. A male character (divinity and/or prophet) imposing humanity what it's right and what it's wrong, through a human -male, of course-, who claims himself to represent the superior being. 

Yes, I think India has the same, China has no religion but they're an autocracy as well, one-man bigtechs are wishing to do the same... Who said Elon? Me. 

So, we must all be aware of universal values, human rights should not have any religion. And hoping fundamentalists Christian believers can defend us from Islam (or vice-versa) is like... Like what? Setting our house on fire to defend ourselves from winter's low temperatures 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, 50latinos said:

Agreed - and that applies to any "belief-system" (usually cloaked in religious dogma) that causes separation rather than unity.  

A while ago, the boy-blunder Speaker of the House was supposedly quoted as believing that he might be able to bring about "the end times" - as in the Old (anciently old) Testament.  He's allowed to believe what he wants to believe in (religiously), but no one is allowed to force their magical delusions on everyone else. 

The Magaroids are getting really close to the dogmatic beliefs of other ancient belief-systems that depend on magical illusions from the ancient past.  Yet, some of we humans still cling to that which divides us, in the belief that they will be spared the apocalypse, if and when it happens.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

So, we must all be aware of universal values, human rights should not have any religion

The word "religion" carries a connotation of the Western belief-system, which has served us ill for centuries - about 20 of them.  

I don't consider Buddhism in that same "basket of deporables" (remember that one?).  That particular belief-system is based on decent human behavior, rather than killing off those who don't believe in one singular dogma based on magic.   

Yeah, Buddhism is much, much different. But, don't you know about Soka Gakkai? A Japanese cult claiming themselves buddhists but as far as I have read about, they've nothing to do with it. 

Btw, for my own way of thinking, a single divinity is the image some human beings have of themselves. What made me upset was even to know that Japan, till not too long ago, believed their Emperor was a kind of god. So...

Sorry guys, but I'm quite fascinated by this kind of topics, at least until they don't turn into conflicts. I prefer to discuss and know, rather than share ancestral scare which brings up nothing.

I always refer to a Latin motto when something concerns religions. Ancients said "divide et impera". It means "cause divisions, and you'll dominate". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 50latinos said:

Yeah, I'm concerned about the difference in your approach.Why do Christians get condemned and not Muslims if there's no difference, as you say?

Which has been the case for 2 decades now, as no-one mentioned Islam in everyday conversation until 9/11... there's absolutely no good reason why you do. There's driveltarded reasons, which no doubt you or someone else can type out for the 9584968349th boring ass time.

7 minutes ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

Yeah, Buddhism is much, much different. But, don't you know about Soka Gakkai? A Japanese cult claiming themselves buddhists but as far as I have read about, they've nothing to do with it. 

Btw, for my own way of thinking, a single divinity is the image some human beings have of themselves. What made me upset was even to know that Japan, till not too long ago, believed their Emperor was a kind of god. So...

Wow the dissembly express runs fast even on a Sunday. We're talking about "Buddhism this, theoretically that!" already. Amazing.

2 minutes ago, KERVORKIANjack said:

Which has been the case for 2 decades now, as no-one mentioned Islam in everyday conversation until 9/11... there's absolutely no good reason why you do. There's driveltarded reasons, which no doubt you or someone else can type out for the 9584968349th boring ass time.

If you are going to preempt any dissension to your premise as "driveltarded" (whatever that means) of "boring ass", why did you even bother to share it in the first place?

I don't think this an honest discussion anymore. I advise everyone else not to feed the troll further.

• Upvote 5

• Moderators

My answer to the OP's title question: no, I won't.

Firstly, we have troubles of our own over on this side of the pond.

Secondly, fundamentalist Mosaic religions of any of the three main branches are prone to totalitarianism, discrimination, and denigration of the "other", and as such I despise them all more or less equally.  If I pay a bit more attention to Christianity it's because I live in West-By-God-Virginia and see it every damned day.  If Judaism has less blood on its hands it's because they've been dispersed over the face of the Earth for the last two thousand years, so they haven't had the luxury of armies, Crusades, and Jihads.

Thirdly, the hypothetical is extremely unlikely in the European Union as it exists today.

And let's not forget that Spain has been there already, though it was a while back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is possible to oppose all fundamentalist religious theocracies, without villainizing the non-authoritarian practicioners of the religions. I strongly oppose the existing Islamic theocratic governments in countries where the already exist as well as any future theocratic governments, Christian, Islamic or any other religion.

Edited by NWUSHorny
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

It is possible to oppose all fundamentalist religious theocracies, without villainizing the non-authoritarian practicioners of the religions. I strongly oppose the existing Islamic theocratic governments in countries where the already exist as well as any future theocratic governments, Christian, Islamic or any other religion.

I agree… I was raised in the  Congregational   Church… a Protestant denomination… with no set dogma that you have to agree to fully- it is a questioning faith … and so I am fine with what anyone believes “personally” and even fine if they want to try and personally proselytize and convert me …. But I against any country that has a state religion or where politicians use their faith as the sole reason to propose legislation 

like the Islamic countries that deny rights to women and gays, or Christian countries(like Uganda) that make gay sex punishable by death)

and in this country where the “Christian” right are against gay marriage, reproductive rights, state insurance paying for PrEP

and sometimes it gets really weird… the NYT today had a story about  Littleton NH - where’s one of the town councilors- because of her very fundamentalist Christian faith was offended by a public mural of an iris flower (yes that is right … not ISIS but a painting of an iris) ….. Claiming it was the sign of an ancient evil

i don’t care what people believe personally …. but there MUST be a firm wall between state and church 

• Upvote 2

You can tell whoever posted this its racist as fuck and looking for validation. Let me tell you why. Historically muslims didn't destroy entire continents like christians did/do and as far as the fear.... literally the current homophobia we're trying to get rid of in the west comes from Christianity. So what are you really afraid of?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1