Is it inappropriate to offer your hole to fuck in a well known cruising spot that doesn't see much of that kind of activity?

11 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

And this bar was set into what was otherwise an almost entirely residential section of the Quarter

Years ago, my life-partner and I would attend an annual convention in New Orleans, staying at a hotel called Olivier House.  There was a bar on the corner (can't remember the name), two-storey, and it was a absolute pigpen.  guys would fuck on the balcony when the inside fuckroom was too full to even get into.  It was across the street from a long park, at the end of which was a large (presumably RC) church, and there was a little beignet shop down there where people went for "morning call" - coffee and beignets. 

I hope that's not the bar you're referencing, since that joint was FANTASTIC !!! 

On 8/26/2024 at 2:17 PM, NWUSHorny said:

fucking pretty much stops completely when the rain stops in early to mid July and doesn't resume again until it starts to rain again in early September

I'm not sure I understand ... what does rain vs no rain have to do with guys fucking?  Aren't there any places where guys fuck inside, rain or shine?  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hntnhole said:

I'm not sure I understand ... what does rain vs no rain have to do with guys fucking?  Aren't there any places where guys fuck inside, rain or shine?  

For me personally, I figured out a long time ago beautiful sunny days make me even hornier. As to my observations the local custom both in and out doors, July and August which are usually warm and completely dry is no fucking season, September to November when it is generally cool and rainy, things pick up slightly, December to February when it feels miserably cold (even though the temperature rarely drops below 40) and rainy, is when guys seem least reluctant to fuck, March to June are cool and rainy, so fucking tapers off again.

The only exception to the rule was 2021, once things opened up again, by Portland standards they went wild fucking each other for the next 6 months then went back to normal in March 2022. In the broader PNW, believe it or not their were actually guys fucking each other at the summer 2021 CumUnion Party's is Seattle, an occurrence that as far I know had never happened before or has happened since.

Edited by NWUSHorny
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PozBearWI said:

Yup post covid was a very sexually active time for me as well.  

Very much so. The locals all went for their annual fuck in the same time frame.

Edited by NWUSHorny
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2024 at 9:25 PM, NWUSHorny said:

For the background I got called out by someone who I was exchanging blowjobs with, in concealed spot, in an area of an officially nude beach, that is well known as a gay cruising spot. Instead of just politely saying I don't fuck, the guy found it necessary to inform me that "it is mostly just jacking off and sucking here, and we like it that way." I am well aware there is very little fucking there, or for that matter even sucking, but he and I had already been trading off sucking each others cocks for a few minutes when I tried to offer him my ass. Was I out of line, or was he? If I was out of line, because fucking isn't common at a cruising spot, there is pretty much no place in the PNW where you can even try to fuck.

Other the sucking I exchanged with this, I completely struck out, no one else wanted to do more than watch each other jack off. There was lots of cruising, but absolutely no action or for the most part even touching, and I know most of the cruisers here prefer it this way. 

Hmmm, i'd say: "fuck that."

Was he wearing a crown? Was he king of that cruising spot?

Did he have a badge indicating he was officially in charge of enforcing the rules in that cruising spot?

Did he point out the officially displayed list of cruising rules posted for everyone to plainly see? 

Or, was he just being presumptuous and ego centric assuming what he liked should be universal policy? 

Frankly, i don't think i would have wanted his seed at that point... don't wanna absorb 'no fuck' energy from anyone.

Edited by tallslenderguy
  • Upvote 3
  • Piggy 1

To the above posts, I think there was a universally wanton response to the post-covid time.  It was like being stuck in heavy traffic, by a stoplight that was broken, stuck on RED - for years. 

When the DMV finally got that stoplight fixed, and it turned green,  everyone "floored it", and all those built-up cubic inches of lust roared to life again.  

• Upvote 2

On 8/28/2024 at 10:31 AM, hntnhole said:

Years ago, my life-partner and I would attend an annual convention in New Orleans, staying at a hotel called Olivier House.  There was a bar on the corner (can't remember the name), two-storey, and it was a absolute pigpen.  guys would fuck on the balcony when the inside fuckroom was too full to even get into.  It was across the street from a long park, at the end of which was a large (presumably RC) church, and there was a little beignet shop down there where people went for "morning call" - coffee and beignets. 

I hope that's not the bar you're referencing, since that joint was FANTASTIC !!! 

No - the one I'm referring to is a single-story building, so no balcony. I can't place the one you're talking about, but there have been a lot of bars that have come and gone over the years there.

• Thanks 2

On 8/26/2024 at 12:25 AM, NWUSHorny said:

For the background I got called out by someone who I was exchanging ........., the guy found it necessary to inform me that "it is mostly just jacking off and sucking here, and we like it that way." .......... Was I out of line, or was he?

Sounds like a very entitled person to me. Who are "we": he and his friends, or the people who "own" the nude beach or the city that owns the nude beach. Some gay men, especially those who live in isolated communities, are very aggressive in their preferences and think it is is their duty to inform you of it. Sounds like a nasty experience and I am sorry you had to go through it. From my own personal experience, I can tell you as a south Asian guy in a north American city, that is not very cosmopolitan and fairly closeted, many people feel it is their duty to be make me feel or sometimes outrightly tell me, I don't belong in a gay bathhouse or bar because I am an immigrant/Indian etc. Such unpleasant experiences reminded me that even gay people can be very small minded and bullying/bigoted etc. 

On 8/26/2024 at 12:25 AM, NWUSHorny said:

no one else wanted to do more than watch each other jack off. There was lots of cruising, but absolutely no action or for the most part even touching, and I know most of the cruisers here prefer it this way. 

The fear of monkeypox and HIV AIDS is still very real in many in the gay community, and understandably, since these along with being sexual issues are 'health issues', a topic that often makes many people nervous and uncomfortable. The no action (fucking) and not touch all stem from the potential dangers these disease pose to gay men.  

Edited by brnbk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, brnbk said:

Sounds like a very entitled person to me. Who are "we": he and his friends, or the people who "own" the nude beach or the city that owns the nude beach. Some gay men, especially those who live in isolated communities, are very aggressive in their preferences and think it is is their duty to inform you of it. Sounds like a nasty experience and I am sorry you had to go through it. From my own personal experience, I can tell you as a south Asian guy in a north American city, that is not very cosmopolitan and fairly closeted, many people feel it is their duty to be make me feel or sometimes outrightly tell me, I don't belong in a gay bathhouse or bar because I am an immigrant/Indian etc. Such unpleasant experiences reminded me that even gay people can be very small minded and bullying/bigoted etc. 

The fear of monkeypox and HIV AIDS is still very real in many in the gay community, and understandably, since these along with being sexual issues are 'health issues', a topic that often makes many people nervous and uncomfortable. The no action (fucking) and not touch all stem from the potential dangers these disease pose to gay men.  

The irony is, Portland is a large liberal city, with an exceptionally large out gay population, that prides itself on how open and accepting they are. However, I've never lived or traveled anywhere that was more uptight and inhibited about the act of fucking i.e. penetration with a penis than they are in the PNW of the US or the west coast of Canada. They live to cuddle, play kinks and fetishes, just don't ask them to touch your cock or let you touch theirs.

15 hours ago, brnbk said:

The no action (fucking) and not touch all stem from the potential dangers these disease pose to gay men.  

That may be true, but there are steps to take - like many of us have - to ameliorate those dangers.  It's still no excuse for one guy to anoint himself arbiter of that sandy scene.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1