On the official 1-10 hotness scale:How attractive are you? What number do you go for?

GermanFucker

1-10?   Hell, I am a 100. lol     Getting older sucks as I probably went from a definitely 10 to now at most a 6 or 7.   71 now but a good athlete and still have few problems with playing basketball against guys in their 20s and 30s and usually out rebound them which really pisses them off. LOL   Last season avg.  was 12.68 per game.

A solid 8.5 I would say. I get told by all my coworkers and friends “I’m too hot for my husband” or that “I have had it easy because I’m pretty” etc. But honestly, get me around a hairy sweaty bear/wolf and watch me turn into a 13 instantaneously. When I’m in heat it’s an all new level. 

I used to consider myself an 8-9. As I’ve gotten older I’m at about a 6-7. Not in as good of a shape as I used to be either which is just probably me being a bit self conscious. Funny thing is I’m more attracted to tops that are in the 3-7 range with looks 

• Like 1

Guest Dizzy69

Depends on what someone is into...anyone into rugged outdoorsmen I’d be a 9, anyone into clean cut business type may say different. I’d love to prove what I’m worth to anyone interested lol 

• 2 years later...

Based on my being very physically fit, in my age range, having a full head of greyish blond hair, and one other thing, my wife is pretty attractive. On average, people typically date, and have relationships (including marriage) with partners in their own league. 

All that being said, I give myself an 8

Rate myself? Most days I wake up a solid 2.5 and it doesn't vary much as the day goes by. In the end, it comes down to what the other guy thinks. I exercise to help my odds and as a bottom we need to stack the deck in our favor as much as we can, but if the other guy isn't interested numbers don't matter.

I have no idea what kind of number to put on myself; it would be meaningless to me. Personally, I think I have a face made for radio and an utterly unremarkable body. Tops have said I have a beautiful ass, but they look at it with lust-filled eyes - I do own a mirror. How I look doesn’t keep me from strutting naked down the halls of a bathhouse as though I were Michelangelo’s David come to life. In fact, what allows me to do that is being blithely oblivious to how other people see me. Walking around with a self-imposed rating would only hinder me.

And I don’t understand the point of the question. First, no one is able to be an objective judge of himself, so any self-assessment of ‘hotness’ is going to be based on one man’s subjective criteria heavily colored by his own level of ego snd self esteem - it is therefore going to be meaningless as a measure anyone else could apply.

Second, a 1-10 scale implies, as someone above mentioned, that there is a baseline or standard against which to measure. But ‘troll’ and ‘god’ are not measurable, identifiable standards, or even standards upon which there is agreement. It’s very like the 1-10 scales in hospitals that as you to rate your level of pain - how the hell would I know what my pain level is unless I had once experienced the worst pain possible and knew that it was the worst pain possible? Otherwise I could never say ‘10’ because there might be a worse pain, and I couldn’t accurately make any other judgment because I couldn’t know how far from that maximum I actually am.

Third, if a man asks another man how attractive he is, he might be told ‘7’; if he asks another in the same building, he may be told ‘5’. A man of 50 could be told ‘4’ or ‘8’ on the basis of his age alone, depending on the tastes of those being asked. Which is correct? Both? Neither? If a significant number of men are asked, one might arrive at a figure based on the average of the replies that might suggest an overall impression, but that figure would not be reliable as an indicator on an individual level.

The second part of the question seems to imply that the answer to the first part might have some correlation to the answer to the second, but it’s hard to see how this would apply as one’s preferences are not a function of one’s physical appearance.  The one way there might be a connection, however, is well put by @barebackbro:

I pretty much aim for hotter guys. It’s not even that I’m picky; I’m just sexually confident and plenty of guys out of my league seem to go for that.

High self-esteem usually translates into confidence, and confidence attracts others.

I can’t claim to have high self-esteem, but simply not caring can also be interpreted as confidence, and that, I suppose, is why I do get fucked at the bathhouse.

Now that I think about it, perhaps this somewhat explains a difference: If you care what other people think and you exude confidence, you’re hot - if you don’t give a shit and you exude confidence, you’re cool. Maybe. I’ve never thought of myself as either.

Edited by ErosWired

I can't really say I give a rats ass what number other guys think I reflect.  I know I'm confident in my proclivities, I know what I want, I know what I don't want, and I don't go hungry.  I get cruised in the grocery store, hardware store, on the street, all of that - but it doesn't mean all that much.  Nice, but - so what?  I've become very proficient at feigning indifference when I want to.  If they're not ass-up in the fuckjoints, who cares what number we rate ourselves.  I've never fucked my own ass, despite the admonishment occasionally delivered so coarsely.  😜

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck

I’ve always been very critical of my build and appearance, so I would always mark myself on the low end of the scale (I was a chubby kid and my father used to like passing comments to that effect). I’m kind of a reverse narcissist, people say I have nice eyes, I don’t see it (pardon the pun) lol.