Do you like your town?

thick

On 10/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

Both my home town and my neighbouring city are boring as hell. Most guys in my home town are too scared of being outed to do anything locally, the nearby city (8 miles) has seen it’s gay scene implode from 7 bars and a couple of clubs to 1 bar and a drag bar that mostly caters for women and hen parties. The councils have closed most of the public toilets and all the good cruising areas were ruined by indiscreet strait people dogging in their cars during the daytime when dog walkers and families were about, so the police monitor them. For a decent night out it’s either Birmingham, Manchester or London and they have all been out since the pandemic started, plus they are between 3 and 4.5 hours travel from here.

Same here need to travel away to London or brum for a some horny sessions. Always up for honey BB group sessions or some sleazy cottaging. SW Uk here

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck
12 minutes ago, BristolSSkin said:

Same here need to travel away to London or brum for a some horny sessions. Always up for honey BB group sessions or some sleazy cottaging. SW Uk here

Cottaging and cruising were my main source of arse and cock from my teens to my late twenties, until the straight doggers became less than discrete, started playing in their cars in the car park during the day and attracted the attention of the police, ruined most of the local cruising areas.

32 minutes ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

Cottaging and cruising were my main source of arse and cock from my teens to my late twenties, until the straight doggers became less than discrete, started playing in their cars in the car park during the day and attracted the attention of the police, ruined most of the local cruising areas.

Same here miss just spending hours in the local toilets/ cruising grounds taking loads.

11 hours ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

Same here, I used to spend hours in cottages - still miss that piss, cum n smoke smell. Sadly most of the cottages are now long gone, or metal plates on the cubicle walls. I used to get more action in the few cottages near me than I do now with the access to all the apps and many local profiles of guys.

12 hours ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

I’m gonna ask: what’s “cottaging?”

Frankfurt, known for its huge redlight district directly in the centre of the city where you can get really cheap sex (bareback of course) and lots of forests und little parks around where you can easily hide in the bushes if you need to. So yes, I do love my town

Generally, I like Kansas City. It has enough culural opportunities such as symphonies,  ballet, theater, etc. plus lots of sports.  Sex-wise, there are quite a few bars and at least three sex clubs. The bars do have too many bachelorettes, and one of the clubs is too “pan sexual” for my taste. If I have a complaint, it’s that Kansas City is a liberal oasis in the middle of rural redneck hell. Also, you can’t swing a cat by its tail without scratching a drag Queen. (Also, until very recently I owned a plane abs could fly to Denver or Chicago or St. Louis on a whim for lunch or a night of fun.)

Edited by BBArchangel
  • Upvote 1

it’s not NYC so it has that going for it. you can mark that down as a “yes”

after living there for close to three decades, I had a decidedly love-hate relationship with that city. I go back to visit every so often but my problem is that I can only spend 3-4 days there before I remember exactly why I left in the first place. (I would have left even if I hadn’t met my husband; it would have just taken me longer.)

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck
28 minutes ago, BBArchangel said:

I’m gonna ask: what’s “cottaging?”

It’s having sex in public toilets, so similar to cruising but in a toilets rather than in an open space

14 hours ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

I miss the cottages. And you’re right, it’s maddening how a handful of selfish people can ruin a cruising spot. There is a fabulous beach in Norfolk called Holkham. If you’ve ever seen Shakespeare In Love, the very last shot of the movie on the beach was filmed there. The beach is a nudist beach. It stretches for miles and back in the day the further you walked, the gayer it became. You’d get a great and eclectic mix of guys there. A local Catholic priest was a regular as were quite a few American airmen from nearby USAF airbases (and those guys were hot). If you watch the movie, the tree line shows where the cruising area was. Meet a guy and walk into those woods for 5 minutes and the SAS couldn’t find you. So the authorities turned a blind eye. But then some guys started fucking on top of the sand dunes in full view of families on the straight part of the beach. So, naturally, there was a crackdown. I’ve not been there for years because of working in Manchester. I’ve no idea if the cruising recovered.

As for the original question - I love Manchester. It’s a true Bareback City. I can’t recall the last time anyone wanted or even mentioned a rubber.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

It’s having sex in public toilets, so similar to cruising but in a toilets rather than in an open space

So named, I believe, because many public toilets in the UK were in  building's that looked like small cottages.

On 11/8/2021 at 2:14 PM, BBArchangel said:

It has enough culural opportunities such as symphonies,  ballet, theater, etc. plus lots of sports.  Sex-wise, there are quite a few bars and at least three sex clubs. The bars do have too many bachelorettes, and one of the clubs is too “pan sexual” for my taste. If I have a complaint, it’s that Kansas City is a liberal oasis in the middle of rural redneck hell. Also, you can’t swing a cat by its tail without scratching a drag Queen. (Also, until very recently I owned a plane abs could fly to Denver or Chicago or St. Louis on a whim for lunch or a night of fun.)

This ^

Country / rural living is what you make it.

My hubby and I live out in the sticks, luv it, and we just saw Wicked (again) via road trip to closest "big" city. 

There are a few buddies I've made.  My biggest "problem" is most BBers here want me to bend over.   Maybe not a problem for others, LOL!  But the BBing btms here are forever UNavailable with excuses like "my bf is around, I'm at work, swing by on Monday (when I ask for Friday fuck)", etc.  A true cumdump bbtm needs to train these country guys! 😛

Edited by chipygmalion80
typo

Two sides of a different coin:

Yes, I love the fact that we can indulge our horticultural efforts year-round.  Yes, I love the fact that it never snows. When I moved to Ft.L., I almost wept with joy when I gave neighborhood friends my snowshovels, snowblowers, salt, all the "winter stuff" as well as the lawnmowers.  Here, I have no "lawn", only paved pathways through a richly planted tropical wonderland I can fuss with all year round.

No, I have rather little regard for where I live now, in that what passes for legitimate theatre is absolutely laughable.  We had far better troupes in the neighborhoods back in Chicago, let alone the major theatre companies downtown/near north side. Goodman, Steppenwolf, Court,   No, I have less than little regard for where I live now, in that what passes for musical "life" does not exist.  There is visiting orchestra from Miami regularly - a limited ensemble, and the conductor doesn't attempt more than his forces can handle - it's at least something.  As far as Dance goes, there's the annual, imported Tchaikovsky and that's about it.   What passes around here for "art" is shameful.  I don't expect the Art Institute, I don't expect the CSO, Lyric, or the dozens of smaller ensembles, but geez.  No, in the sense that City Government has little apparent idea regarding infrastructure.  They're up to not much more than destroying older, more bohemian neighborhoods and throwing up new high-rise buildings (which, unless something really dramatic is done about the environment), will be washed away in a few years anyway.  Politically, this is the biggest small town I've ever experienced.  They're boys in little-boy-pants, trying to pretend they're all grown up now, sort of like the Emperor that ran naked, believing his ass was actually covered. No.  Pay-to-play is expected in most municipalities, and that system is ok when it works.  Chicago was "organized" down to the precinct-level, home by home.  I know, because I was a part of it for a number of years. 

Yes, I know that where I used to live is the "second city", after NYC.  Yes, I know it's far larger, far more culturally developed, blah blah blah.  

Sexually, Chicago was a veritable smorgasbord, with all kinds of action,  In the city, in the burbs; if you can imagine it, there were places to do it.  Not just in boystown either - all over the place.  I won't even go into it.  Most you you know already anyway.

But, the paramount thing I do not miss about Chicago is that every November, the days grow dim, more grey skies than sunny, the increasing cold, and accursed Winter.  It comes every year and stays for 4 months, sometimes longer.  Here in SoFl, yes, we do get hurricanes once in a while.  They come, do their damage, and go.  But they don't come every single year, and they don't last for 4 months.  The last one to bother Ft.L.. was 3 years ago.  So, I made the trade-off, having loved Chicago for it's many attractions, and moved to Ft.L. for a lot less, and enjoying warm, sunny weather year-round.  I'd do it again.

On 3/9/2012 at 9:47 AM, Pig Bottom said:

20 minutes away and you have a different summer? :P

I live in San Francisco, and yes, not only are the summers very different from the East Bay, but San Francisco has micro climates to  the degree that there can be a 15 degree difference between the Ocean side, and the Bay side of San Francisco