Psychology or theories behind bug chasing?

Guest SBBOY

Guest SBBOY

Does any one know the reason why or possibly theories why guys bug chase?

I've started really going out of my way to find poz tops. Desperate for poz cum

Guest SBBOY

I understand what you mean Tom, but for me it's more than that, there's something about being degraded, used, fucked over. Maybe it's the lack of control I have and essentially the poz dom top whos effecting me will have that control over me ALWAYS

Does any one know the reason why or possibly theories why guys bug chase?

I've started really going out of my way to find poz tops. Desperate for poz cum

I personally think guys who bug chase are mentally unstable. Possibily experiencing low self esteem, worthlessness, depression or loneliness. I think these guys also feel they are not part of something and are seeking to be a part of a "community" they think will accept them and love them with open arms.

Why anyone would willingly set themselves up to becoming poz beyond me. Life is complicated and stressful as it is, why would you want something that is going to only make things even mored challenging?

Well, my personal motivation for bug chasing is 2 things. 1. I hate juggling around with condoms 2. Bare sex feels much better.

That is the STUPIDEST CRAP I have EVER EVER EVER heard. Because you do not like condoms, you think the best solution is getting pozzed? Really? If you do not like condoms then go to your doctor and ask to be placed on PrEP.

• Upvote 1

Well, my personal motivation for bug chasing is 2 things. 1. I hate juggling around with condoms 2. Bare sex feels much better.

Those are reasons to fuck bare, not to intentionally get pozzed. Odds are that if you fuck bare enough, you'll eventually contract HIV, but logically nothing requires you to hasten that process. In fact, the longer it takes, the less effect it's likely to have on your quality of life and life expectancy.

There's got to be more to it than that.

• Administrators

I think bug chasing is a logical and rational decision for many guys. If a guy understands that he really like taking loads in anonymous situations, then he's being realistic to acknowledge to himself that he will become HIV+ as a result. What's not a healthy response is to think he can stay neg in that situation or to beat himself up for what he desires sexually.

One he understands he will become poz, there are two rational responses. Just be at peace with it and let it happen. Or take control of the situation and enjoy it (since it will only happen once). Bug chasers are essentially just taking control of an unfortunate event in their lives. It's actually a very healthy response to their situation.

Now chasing and spreading other STDs - that never makes sense to me.

Guest JizzDumpWI

I'm not quite sure how chasing HIV and chasing other STDs are different. We are first and foremost enjoying sex without barriers. HIV (less common) and STDs (more common) are a frequent result. We can choose to wear barriers which work some of the time; and lessen sexual pleasure (all of the time - in my opinion). Or we can enjoy sex bare and understand that at a point we might contract HIV and/or other STDs.

The "chasing" mindset does confound me. To my thinking, that changes the focus of having sex from the pleasure of having sex, exchanging fluids, enjoying touch in myriad forms - to "needing" the possible result AFTER sex. I've spent a few times adopting that mindset - and for me anyway, it just moves the focus from what I want most - hot sex with as many men as possible.

We've all seen posts by guys who won't have sex with another guy UNLESS he is High VL poz and/or packin known STDs. And I suspect that is the focus of the ORIGINAL post in this thread... The shift from the desire for (bare) sex to NEED for DISEASE...

A rather odd, but not unrelated recollection I have is that mothers in the neighborhood I grew up in would INTENTIONALLY have their kids all play together if ONE had Chicken Pox. I think that might have been the very first POZ party I attended... So this notion of intentional exposure has precident even amongst suburban housewives of the 50's. I suspect their rationale was that the illness was going to happen anyway and so why not control the timing... BUT, I never recall those mom's saying "you can't play with Billy, he isn't sick yet".

So the true chaser, the guy who will only have sex with highly charged partners who are packing one or more known bugs with the purpose of illness, not pleasure... I worry those guys might be suffering depression. Or might have other psychological issues (not a "shrink" here). When I have talked with them, that is the stronger impression I get. It is probably a similar syndrome to those who drink themselves to death; those who cut; etc.

I think bug chasing is a logical and rational decision for many guys. If a guy understands that he really like taking loads in anonymous situations, then he's being realistic to acknowledge to himself that he will become HIV+ as a result. What's not a healthy response is to think he can stay neg in that situation or to beat himself up for what he desires sexually.

One he understands he will become poz, there are two rational responses. Just be at peace with it and let it happen. Or take control of the situation and enjoy it (since it will only happen once). Bug chasers are essentially just taking control of an unfortunate event in their lives. It's actually a very healthy response to their situation.

Now chasing and spreading other STDs - that never makes sense to me.

Interesting - A lot of women (and men) who are raped or sexually abused young go through a slutty phase some from the lack of self esteem (the degrading part of being used by a top for his pleasure at your expense comes into play here) but also from the phych trying to assert some control over the situation and choosing to get fucked is sort of better on the ego than being raped. There's also some theory that being in a similar situation again allows the mind to slowly process the thoughts and sensations that were so overwhelming when first experienced - even though they are not thoughts and sensations one would have originally sought out.

Also, some of it has to come from some people simply having the thrill gene and wanting ever more risky / interesting sex. You cant get much riskier than a poz guy fucking you bare.

I see your point but would point out that getting chicken pox young is an immunization against future, ill timed and much worse forms of the disease. That is the whole reason of those parties and completely unapplicable to the case of guys trying to get poz.

My question to everyone is why do POZ tops want to infect neg guys?

Guest JizzDumpWI

Control? Power?

We're (mostly) gay here; so the only way we're going to pass on DNA is this way - as twisted as that may sound. It is as close to pregnancy as we're capable of.

• Administrators
I'm not quite sure how chasing HIV and chasing other STDs are different.

Huge difference. Regular STDs you can get rid of with a pill and/or a shot and you get them many times over the course of your life. The objective is to get them treated quickly when you get them so you can go back to being STD-free. HIV is completely different - you get it once and it stays with you for life. Hence people want to make an event out of getting it - they want getting it to be memorable. They want to feel in control when they get it. Etc.

I've never considered myself a "chaser" because the idea of becoming infected horrifies me. But I went through a period of occasional raw sex, including as the bottom, and I think like some others have said its partially about controlling the fear and anxiety of infection. I never knowingly asked someone I knew who was positive to fuck me, but after having raw sex I would wonder why I was doing it. In some ways it was a fantasy of being in love, in a relationship with someone where it was 'safe' to go raw cuz they 'loved me'. Realizing that behind the fantasy I was not getting my real needs met, I did some work n myself and how I was having sex to make changes.

But I can imagine some guys eroticize the anxiety by seeing themselves as chasers. I watched a documentary called 'The Gift' about chasers and read later that for many of these guys heavy drug use was involved (which the movie did not address). What was interesting was how some guys would keep bottoming raw but never get tested - testing meant they would know if they seroconversion which would end the fantasy of "maybe this time I'll get it". So some bug chasing is just sexual compulsion with a 'twist'.

Guest JizzDumpWI
Huge difference. Regular STDs you can get rid of with a pill and/or a shot and you get them many times over the course of your life. The objective is to get them treated quickly when you get them so you can go back to being STD-free. HIV is completely different - you get it once and it stays with you for life. Hence people want to make an event out of getting it - they want getting it to be memorable. They want to feel in control when they get it. Etc.

No longer true rawTOP. My local clinic is actually MORE concerned with the drug resistant STD's that are on the rise here in Wisconsin; and have more concern with them since they are untreatable; compared to HIV which is, largely, controllable.