The risk versus the pleasure

Okay I love it bb but have been so cautious that it is ruining my sex life. I love to give and take but a condom dampens the pleasure. Yet the risk is there.

What are your guys’ experiences when they have removed the brake (condom) and just gone for it.

Edited by manctop

Once you start bb it's hard to go back to condoms. Your risk is definately higher for getting hiv. You have to decide if the risk is worth it. For most of us it is. I only take it raw, but it took a couple years for me to get there. Take your time to decide how far you like to go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Guest mspchaser

The risk is definitely worth it for me. I just had a very sexy 19 year old tell me he wants to fuck me... the down side being that he wants to use a condom. I may very well have to make an exception - but having known cum in my ass for the better part of 13 years, I would very much prefer not to.

Of course the risk adds to the pleasure: I wouldn't drink Tabasco sauce, but I'd sure as hell miss it in a bolognese. This time last year I was using the parallel of my bike as the risk/pleasure balance. The bike was too big for the roads I was riding on (mid Wales) and eventually there was one dodgy bend too many, and the bike was sold to be parted out and I spent 9 days in a trauma ward with a broken ankle. Given the chance I'd do it all again (except those last few seconds as the bike fell into the road and I fell into the gutter and felt my ankle snap). Translate my experience into HIV terms - assuming I didn't already have it - and I'd now be taking a pill at bed time with an attitude of "you win some, you lose some". But I had a lot of fun with that bike...

All I'll say in HIV terms is if you pay for medicine and treatment, read your insurance documents very carefully and talk your insurance over with someone who knows what they're talking about and knows what you're asking. Last thing you need is to discover that you're limited to too low a figure a year or whatever (sorry, being British, and unable to afford private medicine, the only health insurance forms I have experience of are for dogs). Basically, get your life sorted out to the extent that if you did seroconvert, it's not going to make so much difference to your job, housing etc.

• Like 2

• 9 years later...

I am a cut top, while the risk is still there, its low.  I try to reduce the risk further by staying with FWB as opposed to all random hook ups.  I look it as risk management.  Everything in life has a risk, but you have to live it.

• Upvote 1

I find that when you start taking the risk there's no going back: when I've tried going back there's little or no pleasure in it, probably because - as someone said above - the risk is part of the pleasure.

But I do what I can to reduce the risk - by taking Prep for the time being and until I decide I'm ready to ramp it up to the next level of risk - and of pleasure. That day is getting close, largely thanks to the great guys on this site.

• Like 5
  • Piggy 1