Do any tops use condoms anymore?

Internal Blast

IMO the number of guys actually using them is falling. 

I am usually very upfront about wanting bb, but I was chatting with a guy yesterday who I was really into, and wanted to play ASAP. He also said safe only and he asked lots of health questions first.  For many that’s a turn off but after doing outreach and sexual health work for years I don’t care and just answered. He comes over, and is way sexier than his pics, and with a giant dick. We get to playing and the next thing I know he’s pushing in me bare. We have an amazing time, and are chatting after and he just said yeah I like bare, but can’t stand when people can’t answer his questions. So it seems even ardent condom users like it raw too. 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

IMO the number of guys actually using them is falling. 

I am usually very upfront about wanting bb, but I was chatting with a guy yesterday who I was really into, and wanted to play ASAP. He also said safe only and he asked lots of health questions first.  For many that’s a turn off but after doing outreach and sexual health work for years I don’t care and just answered. He comes over, and is way sexier than his pics, and with a giant dick. We get to playing and the next thing I know he’s pushing in me bare. We have an amazing time, and are chatting after and he just said yeah I like bare, but can’t stand when people can’t answer his questions. So it seems even ardent condom users like it raw too. 😂

The numbers on condom use are smaller than I expected (my emphasis below):

"Of course, the real question is: will people use condoms? When it comes to gay men, the answer seems to be “no”. Smith’s study found that “only 16% of MSM reported consistent condom use during anal sex with male partners of any HIV status over the entire observation period.” Other studies have also found low rates of consistent use – an internet survey conducted by George Mason University asked over 14,000 MSM if they had used a condom the last time they had anal sex. Over 56% reported that they knew their partner had had sex with other men in the prior six months. In spite of that, condom use ranged from 26% to 56% – clearly not high enough to make a dent in the epidemic."

There is a decent longitudinal study "Trends in condom use among MSM in the United States: the role of antiretroviral therapy and seroadaptive strategies" that has a good graphic with this text "Adjusted increase in concordant condomless sex per every 3 years was for 18–24 years 16% (CI: 12%, 20%), 25–29 years 9% (CI: 5%, 12%), 30–39 years 9% (CI: 5%, 12%) and 40 years and older 7% (3%, 11%)."

Just reading this thread made me realize that in the past 10+ years of getting fucked by tops, I cannot recall a single one use a condom, much less one suggest it. That's pretty crazy now that I think about it...I prefer it raw so I never ask for them to use one so maybe it's me?

In the past 10 years, I only recall two Tops wanting to use condoms, and one eventually took it off because he couldn't nut. Sex is just as much psychological as it is physical. If a Top has it in his mind that his seed is not going in someone, I find they have a harder time performing. Nature intended men to cum inside someone. 

Guest BritBottom
On 10/9/2019 at 12:12 PM, Pnpguyny said:

Anybody who would wanna use a condom with you should be shot 😈

Though I agree with the principle. that solution seems a little extreme 🤨  I'd try for a rehabilitation programme, might even volunteer as a rehabilitation raw practice subject.

I didn't bottom much until the last decade and have only been barebacking for five years, but today, bare is generally the assumption. I don't think it was that way 15 years ago.

Here in Toronto I would say 60-70% tops assume bare. A large number would wrap if the bottom wanted it, but that is never a conversation I have. Of the rest, I would say maybe half assume a condom but could be flexible, and about half are adamant. Some of those are the "deal with the boyfriend" and I respect that. But an astonishing number are angry assholes who act like you are the only barebacker on earth. I just move on.

And yes, what they say in profiles about safe sex practices is bullshit. Some of that is getting better as more sites have more nuanced choices. But I have to admit it is fucking weird when younger contacted by a guy whose profile not only says "Safe Sex only" as the pulldown choice, but whose comments also include "always play safe",  when your own profile is titled " Bareback bottom looking for loads".

It never even gets negotiated/discussed anymore with most guys.  I have sex with a LOT of different guys (I am a total bottom) and they all just push in and start fucking.  Not that I mind, but they also never seem to ask if it is ok for them to cum inside.  They just assume it is (which it is fine with me, but I can see how that might annoy some bottoms) and unload inside.