Woman Stabs Man At Random With Needle And Says Welcome To The Aids Club

seaguy

This is fucked up a guy here in Seattle was leaving a bar when some woman comes up to him stabs him with a needle and says Welcome to the HIV club then ran oiff http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/random-man-pricked-syringe-told-welcome-hiv-club/nhS3F/

I hope they catch the bitch that is fucked up.

The article does mention the value of PEP, but there is no indication that the guy went on that regimen.  This situation would be an ideal application of using the available PEP treatment.  The professionals at the medical center should have insisted on it to the extent they are able to insist on such things.

The risk from an needle stick is lower than bottoming.  Unless she actually injected blood, the chances are fairly low.

I have to wonder if the needle shown in the story was a plant.  Wouldn't the police have looked for it?  Is the area where this happened a high prevalence drug area?  What are the chances it's a discarded needle as opposed to the attack needle.

I guess we don't know IF he went on PEP.  I would sure hope that's the case.  If it wasn't recommended to him, the guy should sue for malpractice.

I wonder if the woman is just mentally unbalanced, and not actually Poz.

And oh yea, Great!  Just what us Pozzies need.  One more wacko that paits us all as sociopaths, mad at the world for catching HIV, and trying to get even by infecting as many people as possible.

Edited by Poz1956

The article does mention the value of PEP, but there is no indication that the guy went on that regimen.  This situation would be an ideal application of using the available PEP treatment.  The professionals at the medical center should have insisted on it to the extent they are able to insist on such things.

I think it's pretty much SOP now for when someone in stuck by an unknown needle to be given PEP, just to be safe.