Doctor Talks Condoms To Cumdump

Superinfection, as seaguy noted above, is rare: think about it. Someone's on ARVs and takes a poz load containing another virus type. All HIV is vulnerable to the same drugs, so the guy's existing prescription is going to knock out the new virus, pretty much the same way that truvada does.

I've thought of this before. Poz guys on meds are essentially on SuperPrEP so has to be impossible for them to get any more strains if they are adhering to their meds. Must have been perfectly true back in the 90s but not anymore.

Guest ff-whole

My doctor is a middle aged dark colored female from Surinam and very religious - Catholic.

I haven't seen her in a while since I traveled South America but before I left, I asked her on two occasions for a blood test for check-up reasons and if she was so kind to include the STD and HIV test as well, when I asked.

While in Santiago Chile I had myself tested at a large clinic [free] and now that I am back I just recently gotten stung by the wrong mosquito http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikungunya  I live in the Caribbean and the disease is very common here.

I have had Dengue before and this one is painful but less illness for me. Just very painful joints. So I went to see my doctor again today and asked her for the full check-up blood test again. Tomorrow I will go for the blood test.

I haven't asked her for Prep yet because I know I have to be negative, but I might ask her in between sentences when I go for the results and see how she reacts. I don't want to explain to much but I have a feeling she is more of the "don't ask - don't tell" type too, which is fine with me. Anything I want or need to know, I can find out on Internet. I am very inquisitive.

I would love to be able to say underneath my avatar: "Neg, On PrEP, Bottom"...

Edited by ff-whole

This is something I've wondered about- the policy set forth by Surgeon General C. Everett Koop is that condoms do not provide proper protection in anal sex and are not approved for such application. When was the last time you saw a condom advert specifically and explicitly mentioning gay or anal sex?

With that policy in place, are doctors in violation with federal health policy if they recommend condoms?

• 6 years later...