I Do Like Bareback But I Don't Do Drugs, Is That So Strange?

bbkros

I have never tried anything beyond poppers and alcohol….not even weed. I have been extremely curious about Meth, X, G and other stuff. I have been warned not to go down that path because it could be dangerous. Still curious… definitely but don’t want to become a junky. Thoughts?

As a community, we really need to unhook these two things from one another.  I don't drink or do drugs anymore, but I fuck and get fucked bareback only.  Not all barebackers do drugs, and not all drug users do bareback.  

I freely block anyone on an app that asks me to partake in drug use (clearly stated in my profile text, so anyone that asks has obviously not read this).  

21 hours ago, Blatinobttm said:

I have never tried anything beyond poppers and alcohol….not even weed. I have been extremely curious about Meth, X, G and other stuff. I have been warned not to go down that path because it could be dangerous. Still curious… definitely but don’t want to become a junky. Thoughts?

i have been around drugs my whole life. When i was 14, my older sister and her best friend adopted me as a sort of mascot. They took me to parties where everyone was 18-25 and they were all getting stoned. Lots of grass, mushrooms, peyote, hash.  LSD, They offered, but i never partook. Watching them all when they were stoned, just wasn't interested. To this day i have never been stoned or drunk.

i too have been interested in some of the described effects, but in my experience, those taking the drug look very different from what they describe. Especially those tweaking on meth. To me, it's hard to differentiate between a tweaker and someone having a schizophrenic episode, except tweakers seem more extreme. 

As a critical care nurse, we always have someone on the unit for meth. It's usually one of two things, they have blown out their brain and have altered mental status (AMS) that they just don't come back from, of partly recover from. The most frequent is congestive heart failure (CHF). Very common that when we do an echocardiogram on their heart, it has an ejection fraction (EF) of 15-25% (normal is 55-65%).  20% is around transplant level, but they do not qualify because of the meth use.  Others who are shooting it often have sepsis as well, often get vegetative grown on their heart valves, again ofter blowing out their heart. 

Obviously people use it and do not end up in the hospital, but it seems like Russian roulette to me. If you're gonna play with drugs, i'd suggest you avoid meth, it's the one i see people get hospitalized for most frequently.

• Upvote 1