Gay Sex Tourism Holidays And Where?

Guest bukkakio

Guest bukkakio

I'm planning my upcoming summer holidays and wondering where to go, what are your opinions and suggestions on the matter? Do you travel to places specifically to have sex with other guys, and where?

I can only speak for Europe. There are gay holiday beach destinations where guys travel to with sex in mind (including me).

Spanish Playa del Ingles on Gran Canaria Island (off the Moroccan coast) of course, perhaps the sleaziest. Although that is more a winter sun holiday destination. There are always gay guys vacationing there but less in the summer than in winter (high season is November through May (Gay Pride). You could also argue that hook ups are easier in the summer because it is not so crowded :-) And it is cheaper in the summer. Note that some bars (not all) may close in June. But a sure hit if you are looking for sex.

Sitges, beach town 20 mins away from Barcelona. Small town with lots of gay bars. And Barcelona not far away of course. It has two gay beaches (clothing optional, the cruisier one is a bit more difficult to reach) and a gay section on the main beach (clothed). Bear Week in September when the town is flooded with hairy guys, but lots of men during the whole summer.

The Greek Island of Mykonos. Haven't been there for a very long time so can't really tell much how it is these days. More upscale although prices may have dropped due to the crisis there.

Ibiza? Same thing as with Mykonos. More for the party (dance) people.

These are the best known ones. But others may have other suggestions.

Or city trips like Berlin, London, Amsterdam. Or gay cruises around the Mediterranean

• 4 weeks later...

Bali? Please explain or share your experience?

On Provincetown: I was there twice. Each time just for a few days when I was working in the US for a short while. 1st time (this is 15 years ago, I was late 30s) I stayed at the Boat Slip. I was shy and didn't really know how it all "worked" there. Had no sex until one night I was walking to the hotel (pretty drunk I must say). Car stopped next to me and asked if I wanted to have sex. Cute guy. I was horny. Sure! Got in the car and he drove to his hotel (can't remember which one). We got it on and he was fucking me when all of a sudden his bf walked in. At first he joined and seemd to enjoy it. Then out of the blue he got extremely angry, hit me several times in the face and told me not to touch his bf anymore. He picked up my clothes and shoes and threw them out of the window onto the parking lot. I had to go out naked to collect my things and dress. I was furious. I had no clue where I was or how to get back to my hotel and walked around until I saw the Holiday Inn. Walked in and used the public phone to call the police and reported abuse. Police car came over. Nice guy and woman cops. They drove me around to find the hotel. When I recognized it they asked me if I wanted to press charges. By then I had sobered up a bit and realized that I was in Boston for business reasons and if I did this some might get back to the office and the hassle of having to go to the police station, which I couldn't because I was in the Boston area, not Ptown . So I said thanks, but no. They drove me back to the Boat Slip.

Next day during Tea Dance I was on my balcony where I could see part of the deck, considering going downstairs. Suddenly I heard a guy shouting "Hey, are you back from jail"? I listened to the conversation that followed right under my balcony and realized these were the guys I had met last night. They had been taken in by the cops anyway because they had been making too much noise and had been a nuisance to other guests as well. Cops had taken them in to cool off. LOL. I can laugh about it now but at the time I was so angry and scared too.

I have been back to Ptown only once since (not much happened then either). I reported on that in a different thread. But it is a very nice place although overrun by tourists in summertime. I could have made much more of my two visits there (gaywise) if I hadn't been so shy. Would love to go back some time for a longer stay. And not just for sex. Good place to stay, choice of Men Only hotels, gay beach, great little restaurants. Wasn't really so much in the gay bar scene at the time. Maybe that would have changed my experience.

First time I drove a car from the Boston area. Scary road for a not-so experienced driver. 2nd time I took a small plane (six passengers only if I recall correctly) from Boston. Landed at the airport and took a taxi to the hotel. You don't really need a car there. Hiring a bicycle will get you around.