Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

991 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

My experience with the fucking apps mirrors those above, to varying degrees.  I formerly used a number of them:

BBRT was the least satisfactory, but more for personal reasons.  I simply don't like to fuck guys strung out on God only knows what drugs.  I much prefer they be "present", rather than in some cloud somewhere.  I ceased that site some years ago.

A4A wasn't populated with quite as many drug addicts, but seemed to have more - oh - vanilla guys that weren't quite as dedicated to The Life as I liked.  

Manhunt was probably the best of them, for my taste, and I did get some good results; more than the others, anyway, maybe because one of my regulars on MH brought cameras with him when he came over and set them up in the playroom.  As I fucked him he would "broadcast", and often guys in the neighborhood/area would come over to fill his Hole too.

There were a few others I used briefly. I did get tired of all of them though, but I'd been making good use of the backrooms of the bars for years - long before Al Gore invented (!) the internet, and I've always liked cruising in-the-flesh.  The online cruising got to be too much bother, too time-consuming, too much bs, and I finally ditched them.  The one exception, through which I almost always had some great scenes, was Recon. I still have friends/buddies I met on that site years ago. It is, however, dedicated to "special interest" guys who already know, understand and want "the Connection".  I also belonged to CHC, which was a rich resource, and a clubhouse to do it in.  Bluf, not so much.  That said, the days of the Families, OG, the traditions are dying here in the US, if not actually on life-support.  

Currently, I only use places around here where a guy can walk in, cruise around a little, and start fucking guys; much less bother, no back and forth messages, blah blah blah.  

I congratulate you for the effort, and wish you all success!  It's not an easy undertaking.

• 2 weeks later...

I find as used one app that show how many viewed. Seemed was a high number of maybe 130 viewef to one that actually visited to suck me. 

What I don't get is a few show up and change minds. However see as their lost. Also see an irony of some maybe too picky in want athletic or fit guys but they may not be in shape. 

I get annoyed of some have on profile about looking right now. I had contacted one as saw was nearby thinking host in hotel room. Turns out was shopping. At least put shopping or something so know not looking right now. I ended up blocking due to frustration. 

I don't want to block right away but if seems pushy, time waster, game playing, ask for money for gas for figure either a scam or a con, maybe actually need gas but either go when have money, host or walk or ride bicycle, etc. Some as mention above block as not see a second chance be any better to meet.. I figure give a second chance if working or seems possible interest but if find still waste time to block. Not give 3 chances for not seem serious in second chance give.

Some may get nervous, cold feet, etc. Just wish say changed mind or not interested. Otherwise may think on the way if share address and they can't share no longer interested. I get if one comes across too strong in what they want, when the other person may not be interested in. I had one send a image of what they looking for, while I get some have kinks and what like, that wish ask first. The image not appeal in what be interested in. If chatted first maybe share not interested but maybe could suck or something. 

I tried to look at possibly visit a place, but I have to think their inflexible in share to make a quick stop then stop by. They not like that. I figure after be annoying of how close get to in travel and ask too many questions that found easier to just travel by. Then blocked for I have to figure few actually stop by where they host.

I ended up blocking one for got annoying in just wanted to be sucked as get in area. The problem is location have to meet at a door where let in. In other words annoying to go visit as did one time. I get need for security at a building but still can seem too much hassle.

Another one chatted with that realized not work out and figure to not waste more time. Individual as shared not see work, asked for my pictures. I asked why and not recall receiving a answer. I think blocked for if both figure can't meet and not make much sense to share pictures when not likely to meet at all.

I find some not post age in profile or not reply if ask age if not see in profile. I ask age as only want to send certain pictures if age 18 or older. Otherwise may only send face picture.

I not care for some just send their pictures unsolicited. I get some need to see who may meet or decide. However, if seems rude how one may look about that if they look great in athletic shape but personality is poor that I likely not be interested.

Getting to where no longer care to if make a stop or not. Seems easier to just pass where one host in travel than stop and learn may just be playing games. 

I get sometimes one can fall asleep while using app. However, not know if asleep, busy or no longer interested. Because as shared host, but tried to message but saw no reply so left the area. Later got message they fell asleep. 

Again getting closer to close apps or use less often. 

*, l

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 9:27 PM, VersAlwaysLooking said:

Sniffies:   New entrant, best on the market at this point.  Cheap, very effective and guys are DTF.   They have a BOT issue but overall the place I get the most sex.   

>> Please use an email address from a common provider (gmail, yahoo, edu, etc.), and we're good to go!

Sniffies doesn't like email addresses from gmx ... strike 1

28 minutes ago, fuckholedc said:

>> Please use an email address from a common provider (gmail, yahoo, edu, etc.), and we're good to go!

Sniffies doesn't like email addresses from gmx ... strike 1

The web interface is somewhat awkward but once everything is set up has promise.

29 minutes ago, fuckholedc said:

The web interface is somewhat awkward but once everything is set up has promise.

But the map interface is pretty good.  I showed a student how to set up a similar (nonsexual but recreational) map app several years ago.  This has real promise.

On 1/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, bluewind said:

What is the deal with tops expecting you to be ready in 5 minutes and berating you if you decline? Is it common or do I live in an area of jerks?

That is what frustrates me most about going on the sites/apps. I am pretty serious about getting fucked and taking a load. That being said, I don’t preemptively clean out every day on the off chance that I’ll find a man looking to breed me. Tops really should stop to consider why we ask for a little time before meeting. Unless they don’t expect a clean hole…

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

i was on barebackrt for yrs. i hooked up with alot of me. motel or there place.  great site. i like regular gay men, not muscle men. little pot belly, nice cock. i hope your hook up site is just as good. 

On 12/28/2021 at 12:36 PM, fuckholedc said:

But the map interface is pretty good.  I showed a student how to set up a similar (nonsexual but recreational) map app several years ago.  This has real promise.

Sounds like you should design the killer hookup up!

I agree Sniffies has plenty of potential. I love that it emphasises immediacy and anonymity. It just needs more users, and it seems to be growing slowly in Australia. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For me

Gay.com: Back when it had personals and public chatrooms this was great for meeting

Craigslist: This site was the best for me until they removed the personals section

Doublelist: A good alternative to craigslist but even after years of the site being up, they still havent incorporated my area of NY into their locations list. So whenever I put an ad on there 90% of the responses are from guys in NYC even though I put in the ad I'm not in NYC and to not respond because of distance

Grindr; Ive had my best luck with that in meeting guys

Adam4Adam: About the same luck as Grindr but because they allow for call boys, too many of them hit me up asking for generous

Scruff: Similar to Grinder and A4A, I like that I dont have to pay for a searching outside your area function

Manhunt: I like the message board function on the web but for some reason that function is not on the mobile app. In my area this app is pretty dry

Men4Sexnow: Good functioning site but like Manhunt, pretty dry in terms of guys

• Like 1

I just got banned from tinder for the second time. BBRT is okay Grindr is hit or miss. overall online is dissatisfactory. I find that myself, I either encounter too many flakes or the uncertainty of online makes me more prone to being unreliable. it also makes my standards way too high. I'm much prefer just meeting dudes randomly at the gym or at the bath house.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 11:39 AM, john54476 said:

any one give fetlife a try, have had ssome success there as well as sniffies and grindr, but no so much on those

I have a Fet account. I've met a couple people from it too, but it was a lot of work to get there, so is the juice worth thee squeeze? The big issue with it is that it's not really organized (intentionally so) to facilitate any sort of hookups, so all people tend to do is chat and post stuff. Or if you want to find a 'munch', but I always found that the folks at those aren't really on my same wavelength which can become uncomfortable. 

And Heaven forbid you say anything about being bi on any site. Woody Allen once said it doubled your chances for a date Saturday night, but it seems to double your chances at rejection.  😂

4 minutes ago, TheSRQDude said:

I have a Fet account. I've met a couple people from it too, but it was a lot of work to get there, so is the juice worth thee squeeze? The big issue with it is that it's not really organized (intentionally so) to facilitate any sort of hookups, so all people tend to do is chat and post stuff. Or if you want to find a 'munch', but I always found that the folks at those aren't really on my same wavelength which can become uncomfortable. 

And Heaven forbid you say anything about being bi on any site. Woody Allen once said it doubled your chances for a date Saturday night, but it seems to double your chances at rejection.  😂

What is Fet? I never heard of that site.