Oraquick and false positives

GiveItAChance

Guest Descartes70817

I used an Oraquik test in the summer of 2015 and got a false positive because I have an auto-immune condition (psoriatic arthritis). I went and had a blood test immediately after and it was negative. Then in early 2016 I was prescribed methotrexate for my psoriatic arthritis and it must have destroyed by immune system pretty thoroughly, because I was diagnosed with full blown AIDS in March 2017.

• 5 months later...
Guest FinalDL2021

I rely on orequick for my initial testing, and I am currently wondering if Covid 19 cause a false positive? I have heard that this virus has similar properties as HIV, I not sure that's the right term, I am not an epidemiologicist.

• 2 months later...

I was gonna try one of these first before the doc, should i waste my money or not?

Also i had syphalis about 3 years ago and was treated plus im diabetic. Will that factor?

Edited by BgChsr35
Added more