Hookup Paradoxes

versamarried

After over a decade of getting or providing raw cock on the sly I have anecdotally noticed some personal hookup paradoxes. If I describe them maybe we can come up with some names for them. Or if you have your own feel free to add to the discussion.

• I am available to bottom but cannot host
    • Only bottoms are online
    • Mix of tops/bottoms/vers are online
      • Non can host
  • I am available to bottom but can only host
      • Non can travel
  • Inverse of the 2 above
  • I am online scouting for future hookups (ie not available right then) place of play irrelevant
    • All bottoms/tops are messaging to meet right away
      • Non are available for times I can meet in the future

What precipated some of this is that it always seems that when I could only travel no one was hosting. I knew that starting in the new year I would be able to host and figured all those non hosting people would be lining up. Absolutely 0 people have been around or now people only want to host. Sigh.

Ah, yes. The hookup app paradox.

Where the number of viable hookups is inversely proportional to the number of apps used.

Proof:

If you use 1 app or more, people will only want the opposite of what you have to offer.

If you use zero apps, ie the baths, you will hook up.

There is also, schrodinger's bath house, where you don't know if you will hook up or not till you open the box...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

LOL, story of my experiences too and agree with Jeff.  Have had some of my hottest hookups from apps (BBRT, A4A, Scruff, etc) but really only about a 5% return on my hits or responses.  

Inversely at the baths, sex club, Cumunion it can also work similarly - the "pigs du jour" in demand that night are either gym-bods (I'm not) or obese guys (I'm not).

So the hormones of being in heat keep us pigs constantly on the search to find it, have it, get it, cuz we need it.  Just like wildlife that spend 99% of their time foraging for food - we're doomed to our cravings!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
Guest FinalDL2021
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:55 AM, versamarried said:

After over a decade of getting or providing raw cock on the sly I have anecdotally noticed some personal hookup paradoxes. If I describe them maybe we can come up with some names for them. Or if you have your own feel free to add to the discussion.

• I am available to bottom but cannot host
      • Non can host
  • I am available to bottom but can only host
      • Non can travel
  • Inverse of the 2 above
  • I am online scouting for future hookups (ie not available right then) place of play irrelevant
    • All bottoms/tops are messaging to meet right away
      • Non are available for times I can meet in the future

What precipated some of this is that it always seems that when I could only travel no one was hosting. I knew that starting in the new year I would be able to host and figured all those non hosting people would be lining up. Absolutely 0 people have been around or now people only want to host. Sigh.

This is why am more into going to the Bathhouses these days.  You don't have to screw with all these logistical headaches. just rent a room, put you ass up in the air, and wait for them to show up.

What about the "more pics" brigade?  I know 100% for sure and without any exceptions that anyone who isn't sure after seeing pics  is not going to meet. He asks for more but the answer is always "no" in the end.  The only question is how many messages you have to exchange to get there.  So  has the the penny not dropped with him?  I'd reckon it's not the first time he's asked.  Has it never occurred to him that it never actually happens. Honestly, I'd rather they told me to f off because I was a minger.

I wouldn't say I'm too fussy about who fucks me - but this is the one absolute rule I have. Why?  Let's assume I send him more pics (which I wouldn't) and let's say they tip the balance in my favour (which they never do) and you do actually meet - it's still going to be crap, isn't it?  Can anyone hookup knowing that the other person thinks they're borderline do-able?  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, gwmxyz said:

What about the "more pics" brigade?  I know 100% for sure and without any exceptions that anyone who isn't sure after seeing pics  is not going to meet. He asks for more but the answer is always "no" in the end.  The only question is how many messages you have to exchange to get there.  So  has the the penny not dropped with him?  I'd reckon it's not the first time he's asked.  Has it never occurred to him that it never actually happens. Honestly, I'd rather they told me to f off because I was a minger.

I wouldn't say I'm too fussy about who fucks me - but this is the one absolute rule I have. Why?  Let's assume I send him more pics (which I wouldn't) and let's say they tip the balance in my favour (which they never do) and you do actually meet - it's still going to be crap, isn't it?  Can anyone hookup knowing that the other person thinks they're borderline do-able?  

The ones that really make my eyes roll out of my head are guys asking for pics who have none of their own.  i agree, if they go down that road, i typically write them off for the very reason you identify, i don't want to be with someone who considers me "borderline do-able."  That so nails it for me. i see it as immaturity, not a lack of age, but of experience. i've watched myself evolve over the years from wanting a face pic to wanting a body pic to wanting a cock pic to hitting on guys with no pics on their profile lol. i'm one of those guys who wants to exchange some detailed emails before hooking because i want to get a feel for the guy before getting together... mostly, i want to get an idea of his lust level at the time. For me, it's almost all about the need/desire to fuck and the face/body that contains that need/desire is not the deciding factor. Guys asking for pics are looking foremost for their idea of beauty, not breeding or being bred. my idea of "beauty" has changed to drive... a guy with the need/desire to breed is beautiful to me.

Hookup Paradox: “How many loads do you have in you?”

Sometimes this is even the Top’s first message! You only have a 50/50 chance of answering this correctly, yet I find it getting asked so frequently it’s almost universal. There’s no way of knowing whether the Top wants an unfucked hole, or wants to make sure it’s loose and sloppy. I’ve seen a preference for cummy holes occasionally mentioned in a profile here or there, but it’s not common.

6 hours ago, gwmxyz said:

What about the "more pics" brigade? 

I’ve decided that for that cohort of nimrods I am going to have at the ready a special collection of images to send: images of ice picks, toothpicks, guitar picks, lock picks, garden picks, etc.

I’ll also send them to those assholes whose first rude, demanding, entitled message is just “pics”.