Fuck flu real?

socalled fuck flu may or may not hit. it is just one of a possible many different symptoms that could happen.  Some don't get it, some get very mild form and some get very severe form.  But, many other symptoms seem to be more prevalent than that one.  One main one that really seems to hit the most is swollen lymph nodes, sore throats, muscle aches,and the list goes on and on.  Only an actual test can tell for sure as many of the symptoms are identical to other types of illnesses.

It hit me in mid December when I woke up in a wet bed having sweated profusely through the sheets and blanket. Barely made it to the bathroom in time. Sick as hell for about five days and on Christmas eve, it began to lift. I made it through the next few days feeling like I had recovered and was horny as hell though too weak and busy with the "obligations" of the season to do anything about it. Then on the 28th of December, it hit again and if anything hit even harder this time. Fever, chills, no appetite, night sweats, nausea and diarrhea for almost a week. I had a rash which would keep me awake. Yet at times, I felt fine just weak. I knew what it was and at times during it, I cursed the fact I was turning positive. At other times, I was incredibly happy and horny about it. Even after it finally lifted, it took about a week before my strength began to return to some semblance of normal.

• Upvote 2

Never Existed for me, or if it did, it was largely absorbed in thr recovery from the botched surgery that landed me in the hospital in the first place. Always resented that a hospital mishap, and not My slut ways got me here 

• Upvote 1

Guest CuriousDallas

Reading these posts is starting to alarm me as I’ve had a persistent cough for nearly three weeks now, sore/scratchy throat, congestion, coughing up phlegm/mucus, fever/chills, exhaustion, loose greasy stools, upset stomach/nausea. I’ve gone through one round of Prednisone and antibiotics and nothing...currently on round two. Doc thinks it’s a stubborn infection and hasn’t done blood work and didn’t reveal that I’m having bareback sex with guys. I am on prep but admittedly am not the greatest at taking it consistently...take it before bed and don’t take it/forget if I’m at someone’s place hooking up or come home drunk/high. I take a lot of anon loads raw and don’t ask guys statuses...am getting fucked by three guys I know are detectable so I guess it’s possible I got pozzed. Tested neg in October...was told it’s a good idea to get tested every three months on Prep so not due until January but may go in sooner.

13 minutes ago, CuriousDallas said:

Reading these posts is starting to alarm me as I’ve had a persistent cough for nearly three weeks now, sore/scratchy throat, congestion, coughing up phlegm/mucus, fever/chills, exhaustion, loose greasy stools, upset stomach/nausea. I’ve gone through one round of Prednisone and antibiotics and nothing...currently on round two. Doc thinks it’s a stubborn infection and hasn’t done blood work and didn’t reveal that I’m having bareback sex with guys. I am on prep but admittedly am not the greatest at taking it consistently...take it before bed and don’t take it/forget if I’m at someone’s place hooking up or come home drunk/high. I take a lot of anon loads raw and don’t ask guys statuses...am getting fucked by three guys I know are detectable so I guess it’s possible I got pozzed. Tested neg in October...was told it’s a good idea to get tested every three months on Prep so not due until January but may go in sooner.

A home test might be a plan

• Thanks 1

Guest CuriousDallas
10 minutes ago, Pozlover1 said:

A home test might be a plan

Should I keep taking the Prep if I am poz? Will taking it affect the effectiveness of the Prednisone and antibiotics? I didn’t tell the doctor I’m taking prep.

8 minutes ago, CuriousDallas said:

Should I keep taking the Prep if I am poz? Will taking it affect the effectiveness of the Prednisone and antibiotics? I didn’t tell the doctor I’m taking prep.

Wow I’m no doctor I just have opinions. No the home test is not perfect and it’s $50 or so. But false positives are more likely than false negatives. The internet is a good place to look up drug interactions. 

Guest Porthos
2 hours ago, CuriousDallas said:

Keep taking it until its confirmed....It won't have any effect on your current medication  Then do what the docs say

4 hours ago, CuriousDallas said:

I had a similar experience last year. I had definite flu symptoms which lasted for about five weeks. I lost 20 pounds and could hardly get out of bed for longer than 30 minutes. I also went through two rounds of antibiotics. I had been on PrEP for a year and took it every day; getting tested every three months. I am open with my doctor and she expressed concern that I may have become positive.  Tests then and every three months after have been negative. I gained back the weight and have been fine since. I do wonder however if PrEP could be causing a false negative on the tests.

• Upvote 1

Flu is viral and self limiting. I had Mono back in 1974 in Orlando and what Neg4Poz describes is exactly like that was. All the doctor said was “eat and rest”. I used to coast up to the apartment coming in from work in Maitland,  put my Raleigh bike on my shoulder and run up the stairs before this. Then, suddenly, like you say, exactly. 

I have gone against the grain on here about PrEP. I have often been correct going against the grain in the past.  At the very least it certainly gives people a false sense of indestructability, at worst, and I suspect, may cause other issues which will be discovered in a few years. 

Edited by Pozlover1