Anybody here uses Pure For Men?

Rubberbanned

Is it any better than psyllium husk powder on it's own?  I've used psyllium husk powder (not the capsule form) in drinks on and off for the past year. It's not that pleasant drinking, but it seems to do the job at keeping the movements, well, moving. But I'm not totally convinced that it clears out completely - if PFM does then I'd be prepared to give it a go.

25 minutes ago, HardOneLA said:

I've been trying to find pysllium, which is the main ingredient in PURE and see if it's less expensive.  Was thinking that someplace like Whole Foods or Trader Joes would have it, but no luck yet.  If anyone knows where please let me know.  Also, if you know a less expensive source for PURE would appreciate hearing that.  Thanks buds!

I do psyllium powder daily in a vegetable smoothie, that I also add chia seeds and flax seeds to.  It's available from amazon (link below), but also can be bought at vitamin shoppe.  I use a heaping spoonful daily and that seems to work well for me.  The chia seeds and flax seeds I get at Trader Joe's.  The heaping spoonful I put in is probably equivalent to 2 tablespoons using a kitchen measuring spoon.  I'll add, If I'm out of greens and can't do a smoothie, I'll take just the psyllium with some protein powder but I need about double the amount for the same results.

[think before following links] https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IYQZY2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pumpinmyhole said:

I do psyllium powder daily in a vegetable smoothie, that I also add chia seeds and flax seeds to.  It's available from amazon (link below), but also can be bought at vitamin shoppe.  I use a heaping spoonful daily and that seems to work well for me.  The chia seeds and flax seeds I get at Trader Joe's.  The heaping spoonful I put in is probably equivalent to 2 tablespoons using a kitchen measuring spoon.  I'll add, If I'm out of greens and can't do a smoothie, I'll take just the psyllium with some protein powder but I need about double the amount for the same results.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IYQZY2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you bud - much appreciated!  Let's keep our holes ready together - alone.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, drscorpio said:

I have used it since it came out. I think it is better than just plain fiber. The chia and flax in it seem to help me self-lubricate. I hardly need lube any more except for the really big ones, and that is only for the initial entry. 

Chia and flax are rich in omega 3's. I started my sub on omega and fish oil supplements and I noticed a big difference on his prep and recovery.

11 hours ago, NLbear said:

I have tried it and after the initial 'start-up period' it seemed to be working well. However after a while I had the idea it impacted the medication I am using for diabetes which seemed to be less effective. Not sure if that was actually the case but to be sure I stopped using it. Maybe someone knows more about this?

Chia an hemp seeds can help your blood sugar to decrease, ( especially for type 2 diabetics) so it may have decreased your blood sugar too low when combined with your diabetes meds. You can always try omega 3 supplements with metamucil and that should be safer. Best thing to do is ask your doctor about taking omega 3 and you're diabetes meds. That way you can get your answer without giving away any embarrassing details. 😉

• Upvote 1

Before Pure came out a buddy had told me about psyllium husk also.  It was a flakey powder, and he said he just mixed it with water and chugged it down.  It was way less expensive than using Pure would be for everyday use.  I used it for a couple weeks, but It was kind of a gross texture to drink just mixed with water, but it was cheap and worked just as well as PFM.   I can see where mixing it with a smoothie or something else would make it more tolerable to drink. 

7 minutes ago, justsexnowatl said:

Before Pure came out a buddy had told me about psyllium husk also.  It was a flakey powder, and he said he just mixed it with water and chugged it down.  It was way less expensive than using Pure would be for everyday use.  I used it for a couple weeks, but It was kind of a gross texture to drink just mixed with water, but it was cheap and worked just as well as PFM.   I can see where mixing it with a smoothie or something else would make it more tolerable to drink. 

The smoothie I make has a bitter green taste, and the psyllium has a very "earthy" taste.  The protein powder I use is an apple/melon flavored.  It's not sweet per se, but it takes away the bitter flavors and it's pleasant.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Poz-Mcr said:

Is it any better than psyllium husk powder on it's own?  I've used psyllium husk powder (not the capsule form) in drinks on and off for the past year. It's not that pleasant drinking, but it seems to do the job at keeping the movements, well, moving. But I'm not totally convinced that it clears out completely - if PFM does then I'd be prepared to give it a go.

It’s not just good at keeping you clean/making it easier to clean out. The other ingredients seem to help with self-lubrication. If you can add chia and flax to your diet cheaper on their own, it might be a better option. 

4 hours ago, find91 said:

Chia and flax are rich in omega 3's. I started my sub on omega and fish oil supplements and I noticed a big difference on his prep and recovery.

I take those too. I didn’t realize they might be helping my sex life. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HardOneLA said:

I've been trying to find pysllium, which is the main ingredient in PURE and see if it's less expensive.  

I buy Psyllium Husk capsules from iherb. It's way cheaper than PFM and gets the job done. If you want the natural lubricant that chia provides, buy it separately, make a chia paste (1 part seeds, 4 parts water) and just add heaping teaspoons to your morning yogurt or juice.  I tip my hat to PFM for their clever marketing, convincing bottoms that they have to have it. LOL. PFM is priced too high for what it offers. And I have tried it by the way.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I used it for a while and it helped quite a bit, but I get the same results from my daily protein fiber shake with chia. Like was mentioned above, you need to get to know your body and adjust dosage and decide if you want/need to take it daily. 

There are cheaper alternatives out there, but it IS convenient taking a couple of pills a day.  Do yourself a favor and take a probiotic from time to time to help keep your digestive system happy.

• Upvote 1

Wow --- one day off BZ and I was greeted with an abundance of replies! Thanks, everyone.

I'll check out Metamucil or the Pysllium Husks (and then just add chia and flax seeds). I'll have to figure out the right dosage for me --- fiber supplements usually make me constipated.

And Zero For Him, too. Seems like there are lots of options. For all we know, my local fiber supplement should work but I was just taking too much of it.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:09 PM, NLbear said:

I have tried it and after the initial 'start-up period' it seemed to be working well. However after a while I had the idea it impacted the medication I am using for diabetes which seemed to be less effective. Not sure if that was actually the case but to be sure I stopped using it. Maybe someone knows more about this?

Any fiber supplements that use psyllium I think you're going to find a similar risk if you take it with medications.

An acquaintance made a video where they took the PFM and put it in a glass of water to demonstrate how it expands, and meds can get stuck in the middle of the fiber glob. I do question this video as it doesn't truly represent what happens in your digestive system, which will churn and push food, drugs and fiber through it. To be safe though, I space my meds and fiber at least 2-3 hours from each other. When you get into a routine doing this it becomes easier. I put it into my pill organizer thats portable, and pop whatever I need to take when ready. 

• Upvote 1