Encountering any problem? Post them here...

rawTOP

This place has been really slow for me recently. By recently, I guess I'm saying maybe the last few weeks. Here are some of the problems I have been experiencing.

In order to make the website load, I have to attempt to load it (it doesn't load first time round), then cancel and attempt to load it again. This makes the "THIS SITE CONTAINS SEXUALLY EXPLICIT ADULT MATERIAL." message appear.

When I press "OK" the activity stream page loads fairly quickly. But, for example, I pressed the "Forums" button two minutes ago and it's still attempting to load, and the activity stream page is still showing. I've just cancelled and attempted to load it again, and in just a few seconds the forum page has loaded.

Right now the advanced search page is loading well. I attempted to use it yesterday and it wouldn't load at all, though a few hours later it worked okay.

Yesterday I attempted to view a number of discussions in separate tabs and they wouldn't load. I then cancelled them, attempted to load one and even it didn't work.

I guess the way I'd describe it is, sometimes this place is really slow for me for a short time and then a bit later it's okay, and sometimes it's really slow for a long time. I think this place is great and I appreciate the time and effort you put into it, and maybe it's just my computer or my internet connection (though I've not been having this problem with any other websites) but I thought I'd let you know what I've been experiencing.

Windows 7 Starter, Intel Atom 1.60GHz, 1.00GB RAM, Mozilla Firefox 26.0, ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, avast! Free Antivirus, Adobe Flash Player 12, Adobe Shockwave Player 12, Adblock Plus.

• Administrators
This place has been really slow for me recently. By recently, I guess I'm saying maybe the last few weeks.

Must be something on your end. The average page load time has been pretty steady for over a year now…

post-1-140864350932_thumb.jpg

Help:

for some reason i suddenly don't have the option to email people- my friends and non friends alike. Suddenly one day i clicked onto someone's profile with the intent on emailing them, and the option was not there. I clicked onto a friend's profile and wanted to email them, but there is no option for it. why?

• Administrators
Help:

for some reason i suddenly don't have the option to email people- my friends and non friends alike. Suddenly one day i clicked onto someone's profile with the intent on emailing them, and the option was not there. I clicked onto a friend's profile and wanted to email them, but there is no option for it. why?

Is your mailbox full?

Hey, Not a life or death issue, but I have noticed an issue attempting to browse the site from my phone. I don't remember having an issue before, not sure whether something changed with the site, or if I lost that ability when I bought a new phone. The popup agreement when one lands on the site (see below) places the OK/CANCEL buttons off the screen. In Chrome browser. There's no way to bring them up to click on them.

post-4421-140864351365_thumb.jpg

Phone Info

Model: Blue Products - Blu Life Play L100a

Screen: 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.7 inches (~312 ppi pixel density)

Just a side thought, while talking about mobile devices, I've also noticed there isn't a straight path to upload images straight from mobile devices. Is there future solution for that in the works? Speaking for myself, I've become a bit of a tablet and phone whore, so not only is most of my content on a mobile device, but I rarely use my laptop any more. The basic uploader will let me choose a file, but the upload link doesn't do anything (the file name box clears, the uploader box remains, and no content seems to be uploaded in any way that I can locate it.

Hugs, thanks for all you do RawTop! :)

• Administrators

The consent dialog is a problem I'm aware of.

For uploading images that should work fine. There was a security hole in the Flash uploader, so that's been disabled. The standard uploader should work on any device.

Silly question maybe..but ive been inactive for a bit,and when i was away i deleted alot of my profile,just for personal reasons,so my question is,how do upload pix,edit profile? I dont see where the option is on my tablet..if i cant edit it,its ok..ill just deal with it

• Administrators
Silly question maybe..but ive been inactive for a bit,and when i was away i deleted alot of my profile,just for personal reasons,so my question is,how do upload pix,edit profile? I dont see where the option is on my tablet..if i cant edit it,its ok..ill just deal with it

If you're seeing the mobile version, switch to the desktop version. Then go to Settings in the upper right corner and you can edit everything there. If you want to switch back to the mobile version, the option is in the lower left corner.

• 2 weeks later...

All of a sudden I can no longer view some pictures. Went to the "new pictures" page and saw a very hot pic. Clicked on it and I got the message that I do not have permission to view that page. It directed me to the "permissions" section, but looking at that page didn't tell me what to do, nor did I see anything specific about pictures or opting in. I tried another picture from the page (different user) and there was no problem at all viewing it. Is this because of the user settings of that specific user, for instance that only friends can view his pics? When I clicked on the username I got the same error message. so couldn't even send a friend request or send a message.

• Administrators
All of a sudden I can no longer view some pictures. Went to the "new pictures" page and saw a very hot pic. Clicked on it and I got the message that I do not have permission to view that page. It directed me to the "permissions" section, but looking at that page didn't tell me what to do, nor did I see anything specific about pictures or opting in. I tried another picture from the page (different user) and there was no problem at all viewing it. Is this because of the user settings of that specific user, for instance that only friends can view his pics? When I clicked on the username I got the same error message. so couldn't even send a friend request or send a message.

I suspect there's a proxy server involved that's cached another user's page result. Thing is, proxies aren't supposed to cache SSL secured pages.

What sort of device/computer are you using? What type of Internet connection? If you can change your network connection and try again that will test my theory. Or do something like try the page on your cell phone over a cellular network.

Or, if it is a mid-stream caching issue if you give it a little time the cache will expire and when you try again you should see the image.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or the way the site is intended to work, but lately I've noticed that if I click on "New Posts" and am reading through them, I'll click on a link to go to the next page and suddenly get a message saying "Sorry, there are no new posts to view" when I haven't gotten through all of the pages yet. Tonight it showed 5 pages of new posts when I clicked on it, but after reading the first couple and clicked to go to the next, the message appeard. It's like it's randomly making everything "read" when I haven't read them all yet. Any ideas what may be causing this, and how it can be corrected?

• Administrators
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or the way the site is intended to work, but lately I've noticed that if I click on "New Posts" and am reading through them, I'll click on a link to go to the next page and suddenly get a message saying "Sorry, there are no new posts to view" when I haven't gotten through all of the pages yet. Tonight it showed 5 pages of new posts when I clicked on it, but after reading the first couple and clicked to go to the next, the message appeard. It's like it's randomly making everything "read" when I haven't read them all yet. Any ideas what may be causing this, and how it can be corrected?

I get that, but only if I walk away from reading for an hour or so.

I get that, but only if I walk away from reading for an hour or so.

I rarely walk away from reading... I read one, go back, read another, etc until the end of the page, then click to go to the next page.. sometimes it works, other times it shows no more posts... wonder what i'm missing out on? :)

• Administrators
I rarely walk away from reading... I read one, go back, read another, etc until the end of the page, then click to go to the next page.. sometimes it works, other times it shows no more posts... wonder what i'm missing out on? :)

All I can suggest is 1) restart your browser, and 2) try a different browser.

One other thought - do you have security software on your computer or a browswer plugin/addon that may be altering the cookies that are passed to the site in the name of "privacy"? If so, turn off the software, or set it up to not alter stuff for Breeding Zone.