CAN MEN LOOK AT YOU AND KNOW YOU ARE GAY FAG? OR ITS NOT SO OBVIOUS?

13 minutes ago, TheSRQDude said:

unless there are obvious signs that someone is hitting on me or openly flirting

I feel like a "cruising cripple" .... even when I'm at a bar with some buddies, one will tell me something like "that guy across the bar is cruising you ...", and unless there's only one guy over there, I still can't tell which one it is.  Until the "cruiser" laughs, and casts his wandering eye in another direction.  If a guy does something overt, like putting his cupped hand to his mouth and jacks an imaginary Cock .... at least I can tell then ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

I feel like a "cruising cripple" .... even when I'm at a bar with some buddies, one will tell me something like "that guy across the bar is cruising you ...", and unless there's only one guy over there, I still can't tell which one it is.  Until the "cruiser" laughs, and casts his wandering eye in another direction.  If a guy does something overt, like putting his cupped hand to his mouth and jacks an imaginary Cock .... at least I can tell then ... 

If I told you how many signs I missed when I was younger of that sort because friends pointed it out...well, let's just say I'd have gotten laid a lot more than I did. Like you, I needed a big neon sign or some overt and obvious action on their part to really put it together. And deep down I often wondered whether that was part of my awkwardness as a teenager that made it easier to look at guys and know (because if a guy eyed me on that way and didn't break eye contact, I could tell more than I could with a woman). Or whether this becomes that awkward phase growing up that has a guy realize into which direction he orients.

As for "cruising cripple", I had a friend I'd always suspected was gay but never had him mention that he was more into guys nor was there any real evidence of the. Until we went out and I suggested that we go to the city, then turned him down Christopher Street and he turned into the kid in the candy shop. We both went into Ty's on Christopher and he decided he'd work his way back to the men's room and I caught him giving other guys a feel. Meanwhile I just stood back at the bar and enjoyed the show (and if I was being hit on, I was oblivious to it though I did come in with someone).

• Thanks 1

THANK YOU, TheSRQDude !!!!  At least I have some company in the "cruising cripple" arena.  

I remember Ty's, now that you mention it.  It would definitely be a place to take a guy that needed a little tiny push to open up.  There were a few other joints I hit more when in NYC, but I always like Christopher Street.  Didn't care much for the cab ride down there - they all had the baldest tires I've ever seen, and drove like Ft. Lauderdalians (which is no compliment).  That said, NYC was always spectacular !!!

• Like 1

Yes. I make certain. 

Colour of my clothes. I am lased smooth.

I wear gay jewellery 

I have tattoos to show I am gay. 

I have filler in my lips to show I have cock sucking lips.

And wear lip gloss 

I never want to miss a cock...or a insulting comment that I am a faggot. I get hard when I am abused for being a faggot when I am shopping or having a coffee...love it. Want it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hntnhole said:

THANK YOU, TheSRQDude !!!!  At least I have some company in the "cruising cripple" arena.  

I remember Ty's, now that you mention it.  It would definitely be a place to take a guy that needed a little tiny push to open up.  There were a few other joints I hit more when in NYC, but I always like Christopher Street.  Didn't care much for the cab ride down there - they all had the baldest tires I've ever seen, and drove like Ft. Lauderdalians (which is no compliment).  That said, NYC was always spectacular !!!

It's funny that we both know about Ty's, but I guess if you've even heard of Christopher Street you'll probably have noticed.

Many years ago, a good co-worker friend his colleague from a different office were in NY. I knew my co-worker's background (sowed his oats, then later married but wasn't shy about his 'gayness'), never knew that his 'Bear' friend was actually in a similar down-low position and I suggested that we head downtown from the office for dinner. We drove past Christopher Street and the Bear's eyes widened as if he'd just been transported to Mecca and insinuated that he'd like to check that out without trying to let on he was craving some man-to-man interaction. My co-worker just said to him, "Oh girl give it up, he's family, he won't say anything," referring to me. I just told him, "Check out Ty's if that's something you're into." We couldn't pull to the curb fast enough for him to want to leap out and make a beeline from 7th Avenue. 

My co-worker and I just sat down, had dinner -- he and I had long before talked about our histories -- and afterward curiosity got the better of us so we strolled down Christopher and sure enough, our friend was hanging out in Ty's and getting cozy with another Bear. We both chuckled about it and gave him a knowing glance when he finally reached the office the next day. 

As for the friend I introduced to Ty's perhaps a decade earlier, he moved out to San Jose, and I'm almost certain he's taken up membership as a Log Cabin Republican. 🤣😂

1 hour ago, boy4you said:

As a small skinny male I flash I’m Gay All the time. I have my nose ring in wear low cut jeans tight tee-shirts to show my nipple rings and thank you, Mom, for giving me your round bubble butt. 

Interesting!! I don't flash that I'm gay but yet straight dudes pick up that I'm gay and signal me to chat with them, which usually results in my giving them blowjobs or being fucked. I helped a young mechanic, with whom I developed a strong friendship, fix his car. Jokingly, once the job was done, he asked what he owed me, saying that he could pay me in cash, or he could let me give him a blowjob. Of course, I was taken aback and blushed when he said that because I was certainly not expecting him to say such a thing. At the same time, I liked the guy, and from time to time, without his noticing, I glanced at his crotch wondering how big his cock was and fantasied what I would do to his cock if I ever got a hold of it. He offered to take me out for a beer and I accepted. While we sat in the pub, I questioned him about his offer to let me give him a blowjob. He asked me if I was offended. I said no, just curious why he had made the comment. He told me that I didn't look or act gay but hoped that I was because he said that he was really horny and would have let me suck his cock if I had wanted to. He said he didn't care whether a girl or a guy sucked him off. At that point I was so turned on that I blurted out the truth. Boldly, I said that if, after having made the comment, he would have unzipped his jeans and exposed his cock, I probably would have sucked it. His response: "Wow!" He then said that he was glad that he had made the comment. After drinking a couple of beers, he offered to drive me wherever I needed to go. While driving, he glanced at me from time to time, and offered to take me for a short jaunt around the nearby park. Once we got to the park, he drove around it and parked in a secluded area. He then leaned back in his seat, stretched out his legs, then glanced at me smiling and said that I could do to him whatever I wanted to do. Without hesitating, I reached over, unzipped his jeans, then pulled his jeans and underwear down to his knees. His cock was oozing with precum. He watched me as I scooped up his precum with my finger and put it in my mouth. He chuckled when I did that and said that he knew that I would give him the relief he hoped he would get from me. I sucked his cock, licked his balls, and took his cock as far down my throat as I could. All the while his eyes were closed, he smiled and moaned, then drove his cock far into my throat as he shot his load. I sucked his cock again until he gave me another load. He was satisfied, told me that I was a natural cocksucker, and insisted that we meet again. Hope I've answered the question. This straight guy basically said that it wasn't obvious to him that I was gay because he didn't pick up any signs that I was. For him, it was an opportunity to get his cock sucked. If I hadn't opened up to him, he wouldn't have thought any differently about me.

I don't particularly LOOK gay, but I do act gay and am unapologetic about it.  I tend to flirt even if I know it won't go anywhere. Some guys like it. Some guys get all offended. Usually it dissipates and they sulk off.  Sometimes, though, I end up with a "straight" dick in my mouth or ass, so it's worth it.  <oink>

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheSRQDude said:

It's funny that we both know about Ty's, but I guess if you've even heard of Christopher Street you'll probably have noticed.

Well, I had offices in several cities, and a short time in them regularly.  That said, Christopher Street is famous in the Gay World. It's there that Gay Liberation was born, when the drag queens fought back against the stunned cops doing a routine bar-bust. It wasn't too long after that, and after some raucous demonstrations shutting down LaSalle St (Chicago's 'Wall St'), that our then-mayor Jane Byrne stopped the Chgo cops from the regular bar-busts.  Prior to that, one never went out to the bars without bail money tucked into one's boot. 

I think you and your friend did the guy a great favor, in that if one couldn't score at Ty's, he just wasn't trying 😁

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 8:32 AM, hntnhole said:

My inability to cruise is baked in - it’s part of the Autism package. A guy could be signalling at me for an hour in such a way that everyone in the room is saying, “Get a room, for Christ’s sake,” and I would have no clue. Someone would have to either day something absolutely explicit to me - “I want to fuck you” - or actually grope me on my ass or crotch before I would twig that something was up.

Interestingly, though, even though I can’t pick up on most nonverbal cues, I find that there’s something about the timbre of gay men’s voices that sets them apart from straight men. It’s a quality I can’t really define, but it presents regardless of whether the man is an extremely masculine, deep-voiced, straight-acting type, or a femme, willow-wand queen, or a timid submissive. I guess you could say that sometimes I can hear gayness even if I’m blind to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ErosWired said:

timbre of gay men’s voices that sets them apart from straight men.

How very, very interesting.  I happen to be able to whistle A 440 on demand.  I can play any song I know in any key on a piano. I'm able to "listen" to any work I know, from Mozart to Ma Rainey, "in my head" at any time I please. Having perfect pitch is more of a curse than a gift, however.  Every single flaw (pitch-wise)* is instantly evident, in recordings - particularly at concerts - in commercials on tv**, on and on.  Robt Shaw used to tell us that he couldn't wait to die, get to Heaven, and hear the angels sing a simple triad on C M in absolutely perfect pitch.

Yet, it never dawned on me that gay men might possess some quality in their voice that could be recognized by other gay men.  Would it be related to some kind of overtones?  I would guess not.  Would it be related to Autism, and only Autistic men can discern it?  On a pipe organ, the "tongue" in the pipe can be "voiced" with amazing precision to reproduce the various voices in an orchestra.  E.M. Skinner was a master at voicing, and there aren't many organs left bearing his magnificent voicing. Might your ability be related to the origin of vocal sounds in the throat?  Perhaps there's some particular construct within the ear, allowing you this special gift?  

Do you have any materials that might explore this?  Thanks for the fascinating reply.  This is one of the big reasons I enjoy BZ so much. 😉

*not interpretational errors, which are a completely different issue, only pitch-related.

**Currently, there's an ad running on tv with that old recording of the pop song "Every beat of my heart...", and the singer never does make the leap up to the third ("I know - I know"). It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.  I grab the remote and fast-forward through it.  

• Like 3