"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day"

Guest Az921

On 8/23/2022 at 11:16 PM, aus-chaserboy said:

would be great to be able to msg replies back to people 

Not sure if it's technically possible but it seems reasonable that new members can respond to personal mssgs when someone contacts them.
On the other hand, new members can be viewed as 'fresh meat' and jumped on by the equally frustrated and sex-deprived so although not preventing them being contacted at least it does give our youngsters (of any age) some time to find out what they want and not agreeing to things they might regret later.

Interesting suggestion. 

7 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

Not sure if it's technically possible but it seems reasonable that new members can respond to personal mssgs when someone contacts them.
On the other hand, new members can be viewed as 'fresh meat' and jumped on by the equally frustrated and sex-deprived so although not preventing them being contacted at least it does give our youngsters (of any age) some time to find out what they want and not agreeing to things they might regret later.

Interesting suggestion. 

I don't think the concern is so much about "fresh meat" users being hit on (which can happen now), but that allowing them to respond when someone else initiates the message means people will just post a public request to "message me first so I can reply" and thus get around the point of the rule.

34 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

I don't think the concern is so much about "fresh meat" users being hit on (which can happen now), but that allowing them to respond when someone else initiates the message means people will just post a public request to "message me first so I can reply" and thus get around the point of the rule.

Good point.
And we could suggest a rule that prohibits such a public request but that would add to the workload of our brave mods, because people are people who are people who sometimes just break rules.
* insert Barbra Streisand's 'People' from 'Funny Girl'.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, scudder1 said:

Why can't I send any messages? It says I am allowed 0 messages per day. What do I need to do to get this changed. Any help is appreciated.

If you read the posts in this very topic where you posted the question, the answer is there. Multiple times. Highlighted. In bright colors.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

If you read the posts in this very topic where you posted the question, the answer is there. Multiple times. Highlighted. In bright colors.

So sleeping with you did absolutely nothing to get me my messages-privileges...?  😲

(This is a joke, people...)

54 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

Wait, we slept together? I don't remember that... 🥴😏

That's what you said when I asked why my posting privileges weren't upgraded... 

Edited by Guest

On 9/12/2022 at 8:00 AM, AssLover69 said:

I was gonna pm someone but I saw the same message hopefully it gets fixed if it's problem 

READ THIS THREAD. Then read it again. And if you don't understand it, read it a third time.

This is not a "problem". It's an intentional feature. Members here cannot send private messages until they have participated in the *public* forums at a certain (but undisclosed) level of posting. The reasons for this are fully explained in this thread.

You've been a member for just over 31 months and made, in that time, 38 posts or replies, or just barely over 1 per month. I can't say (because I don't know) how many you need to make to advance to the level where private messaging is allowed, but at this pace it's not going to be soon. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

This feature really means I have to come out of my shell a bit and this is as good a thread as any to make my first post. I hope the post rate required to get promoted out of New Member doesn't date all the way back to the join date or I'm completely screwed. I created my account over 7 years ago!

12 hours ago, fantasyreader said:

This feature really means I have to come out of my shell a bit and this is as good a thread as any to make my first post. I hope the post rate required to get promoted out of New Member doesn't date all the way back to the join date or I'm completely screwed. I created my account over 7 years ago!

I don't *think* it's an "average" posting rate (for instance, 10/month), but a raw (but not publicly disclosed) number of posts (for instance, 50 total posts or whatever). That would take into account that some people are just not regular commenters; it might take you longer to reach that status if you only post once in a while, but your previous long-term lurking, for lack of a better word, shouldn't penalize you per se.

15 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I don't *think* it's an "average" posting rate (for instance, 10/month), but a raw (but not publicly disclosed) number of posts (for instance, 50 total posts or whatever). That would take into account that some people are just not regular commenters; it might take you longer to reach that status if you only post once in a while, but your previous long-term lurking, for lack of a better word, shouldn't penalize you per se.

I have commented a lot, and am on the site a lot but i haven't been able to message in  forever. Even though i have been promoted many times. Makes no sense. Cant even message a staff member

4 hours ago, RAWS said:

I have commented a lot, and am on the site a lot but i haven't been able to message in  forever. Even though i have been promoted many times. Makes no sense. Cant even message a staff member

Hovering over your avatar (to the left of your post, above), it says you've made 6 posts since joining March 25. I do not think six posts = "a lot" by any standard. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.