Bathhouse reopenings

toddbb

I just read on the website of The Works in Indianapolis that they have reopened under new ownership - which could mean any number of policy changes - but right now they seem to still be under some limitations, with operating hours from 10am to midnight, whereas they used to never close. It’s unclear whether monthly Cumunion has started back again. I’ll probably wait a couple more months before investing the three-hour drive to check out the situation in person. If anyone local can update us on The Works or Club Indy, please do. I was always kind of surprised that two bathhouses could survive in competition in a city the size of Indianapolis - after COVID, I’ll be interested to see if they both still do. The only mention Club Indy’s website makes of COVID is a little black box at the top that reads “limited availability or may remain closed”. As hard as Indiana has been hit by COVID, I won’t be surprised if they’re a little slow to return to full bathhouse normal, but on the other hand, the state is already relaxing mask mandates; my state of Kentucky, on their southern border, is very much not.

• 1 month later...

The Works is open but not 24 hrs yet.  Open  until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights.  Under new ownership that seems to be very liberal.  Full nudity and lots of public play when I was there.  Love the sling room, walking the halls naked and jacking.  Mask wearing seems to be totally optional.  Bottom here who has enjoyed my visits.

UK Specific: I notice that some saunas opened this week. Some are waiting until the June unlocking date. Just wondering what the difference is, since all should be covered by the same rules? 

• Upvote 1

Toronto bathhouses - Steamworks Toronto and Spa Excess -- still closed. It's been over 1 yr like this. Hopefully at some point, they'll re-open. SO many guys need a release and human touch in a bathhouse setting!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AirmaxAndy said:

UK Specific: I notice that some saunas opened this week. Some are waiting until the June unlocking date. Just wondering what the difference is, since all should be covered by the same rules? 

For better or worse, every state is on it's own time line.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:02 AM, FelchingPisser said:

For better or worse, every state is on it's own time line.

True for the US

@AirmaxUK the UK might have different rules among the four nations, but chatting with proprietors in England it’s entirely up to the bathhouses themselves - provided they have internal access controls (6 person bubbles, one ways and so on)

I believe pleasuredrome is open next week but some locations (eg union where SBN runs) has no indication yet. 

If you look at Locker Room entry on squirt.org there is a message from manager explaining why they can open but not with all facilities and limited numbers. I see there was 30-45 minute queue yesterday on their 1st day back post lockdown and generally speaking a good time was had by all with many holes filled. I aim to go tomorrow cos its been a while! Plus also with wet and cold weather the Heath doesn't look as attractive an attraction as it did 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, indynudeguy said:

The Works is open but not 24 hrs yet.  Open  until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights.  Under new ownership that seems to be very liberal.  Full nudity and lots of public play when I was there.  Love the sling room, walking the halls naked and jacking.  Mask wearing seems to be totally optional.  Bottom here who has enjoyed my visits.

I want to go so bad, I've never been to a bathhouse yet but want to go so bad... 

1 hour ago, Littlebill77 said:

@AirmaxAndy the UK might have different rules among the four nations, but chatting with proprietors in England it’s entirely up to the bathhouses themselves - provided they have internal access controls (6 person bubbles, one ways and so on)

Yes, some seem to think they can comply with and enforce current social distancing rules, whereas others realize this is a fantasy and seem to prefer to wait till the lifting of all such rules in June (variants permitting!)...

1 hour ago, Littlebill77 said:

True for the US

@AirmaxAndy the UK might have different rules among the four nations, but chatting with proprietors in England it’s entirely up to the bathhouses themselves - provided they have internal access controls (6 person bubbles, one ways and so on)

I believe pleasuredrome is open next week but some locations (eg union where SBN runs) has no indication yet. 

I'm an idiot...I read it as "US specific" not what he wrote....

Edited by FelchingPisser
clarification
  • Haha 1

Here in Detroit, our Bathhouse has more or less been open the whole time (they had a brief shut down at the very beginning). They've been doing temperature checks before you enter. I'm going back for the first time tomorrow (which I'm VERY excited about). Unless they've been doing an incredible job of hiding their covid numbers all this time it seems that they did a good job of making sure no one got sick. Although I have to admit I'm not super knowledgeable on this, if someone can correct me please do.

Edited by HungreeButt

1 hour ago, 1hornyjohn said:

If you look at Locker Room entry on squirt.org there is a message from manager explaining why they can open but not with all facilities and limited numbers. I see there was 30-45 minute queue yesterday on their 1st day back post lockdown and generally speaking a good time was had by all with many holes filled. I aim to go tomorrow cos its been a while! Plus also with wet and cold weather the Heath doesn't look as attractive an attraction as it did 3 weeks ago.

Thanks @1hornyjohn 

for everyone else’s interest here is the text Paul wrote:

....Hi Nippleplay, Saunas are permitted to use their steam and dry sauna provided they meet strict conditions of ventilation and are monitored for the duration of the stay of the people using them. Also they need to have a ventilation system that changes the air a certain amount of times per hour. I have mentioned before that as our steam room is in the heart of the premises, there is no way we would be able to meet these restrictions, so, until 21st June (the predicted total relaxation day) I am afraid the steam and dry sauna cannot be used although the rooms can be used to hold a group of six persons. Paul

5 hours ago, Littlebill77 said:

Thanks @1hornyjohn 

for everyone else’s interest here is the text Paul wrote:

....Hi Nippleplay, Saunas are permitted to use their steam and dry sauna provided they meet strict conditions of ventilation and are monitored for the duration of the stay of the people using them. Also they need to have a ventilation system that changes the air a certain amount of times per hour. I have mentioned before that as our steam room is in the heart of the premises, there is no way we would be able to meet these restrictions, so, until 21st June (the predicted total relaxation day) I am afraid the steam and dry sauna cannot be used although the rooms can be used to hold a group of six persons. Paul

My pleasure littlebill

• Upvote 1