Life Of The Spare

Wow, things are moving fast!  Max is handling it better than I expected.  I love the details in this chapter, the juxtaposition of formal protocol and informal family and friends.  It lends a seriousness to Max’s introduction in Monrovia.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AznslutSF said:

@losolent

Another fantastic chapter and I cannot thank you enough for uploading it so quickly.  It really made my Valentine’s Day to be able to read and feel the immense love between Max and Alex.

I loved the part of this is Max… oh crap what was your last name hahaha! I know that would be me when I meet the man of my dreams.

Also this chapter did get me thinking about Lady T and her daughter.  If I remember they are suppose to be at the ball so I wonder how that is going to go down.  Will it put Max at ease and he will realize his past is not being severed but his relationship with Alex and being in Monrovia is growing all his relationship.

also so curious about the Victoria tiara hehehe will there be a twist there?  Seems like it could be a subtle recurring element in the lives of the royal family hehehe maybe Max will have to wear it 🤣 one day 🤣 

i can’t wait for more!  Loving everything you do @losolent

Here here…

• Like 1

Part 35 - Royal Christmas Ball

Yet again Max found himself in whirlwind, Alex never seemed to sit still and now wanted to go horse riding for half an hour to show Max the grounds. Max looked at him as Artem walked him holding some riding clothes for him. Max protested over and over trying to get through to them that he couldn't ride a bike let alone a horse. Alex was about to give in until Alden burst in to the bedroom and looked at Max, he took the clothes from Artem and thrusted them in to Max's hands the stood there staring at him with his arms folded. Max stared back at him trying to not to giggle but Alden was dam good at staring people out. Finally throwing up his hands full of riding clothes in defeat he changed whilst Alex and Alden chatted. Alden looked down at the tight fitting jodhpurs then nodded looking impressed, Max knew full well he was looking at his bulge and he began to feel conscious about it. Alden grabbed his arm marching him off with Alex through the palace and  across the footpath down to the mews. He was so tempted to make a snowball to throw at Alex, but something told him if he did that the brothers would gang up on him. Walking in the mews yard Marty brought Danbury and Brandy out of the paddock and looked down at Max and grinned causing both the princes to laugh. After handing the horses over to Alex and Alden he went back and returned with two more horses explaining that Max would be riding the dowager queens horse and he the kings. After much laughter Max finally got in the saddle and managed to sit upright, Marty rode by his side helping him with the reigns. The snowfall was easing a little and gradually Max was getting the hang of controlling the horse with Marty's expert guidance. Max took his first glance over at the palace, it looked imposing and daunting all at the same time, yet he was no longer having any feelings of doubt. Alex and Alden allowed Marty to teach Max alone and enjoyed chatting between themselves as they rode around the palace grounds. Alex loved watching how well Marty and Max interacted with each other, clearly they were enjoying each others company, either that or Marty was a completely new man having told Josh he was his boyfriend. The snow began to hall heavier again and Marty advised they should head back to the mews. On their return to the mews they helped Marty put the horses back in their stables and stayed chatting for a while, Alden already departed back to the palace. Max watched as Marty bowed his head addressing Alex then walked over and kissed them both on the cheeks. They walked slowly back to the palace across the snow laden foot path, both of them beginning to feel the chill hitting their bones from being out so long.

"Cold?" Alex asked picking up the pace of their walk back.
"Yes" Max replied, "Loving it though, all the snow it is really like Christmas" he said.
Alex smiled and took Max's hand "Marty seems to like you a lot" he said glancing at Max.
Max chuckled "Yeah I like him, not sure if I will ever let him go at my arse again though".
"Oh that is nothing!" Alex said between laughing, "Trust me that was tame to what he can do".
"This way" Alex said as they approached the palace, "Hot chocolate I think".

Walking in to the palace kitchen that resembled more like a large scale catering facility took Max's breath away, people buzzing around preparing the buffet for the ball when suddenly every one stopped and faced Alex bowing their heads 'Your royal highness' they all called out then carried on like nothing had happened. Fredrick the palace executive chef came rushing over towards them.

"Your highness" Fredrick said bowing, "May I help you with something?" he asked.
"Hi Freddie" Alex responded, "Can we get some hot chocolate please" he asked.
"Of course your highness, come sit" Fredrick said taking them to his office, "I make personally".

With that he was off and returned 10 minutes later with two mugs of very sumptuous hot chocolate that Max could smell even before they arrived. Alex introduced him to Max and had a brief conversation before Fredrick went back out in to the throng of the kitchen. Even knowing Alex as he did now, Max was still finding it quite surreal when people bowed.

"My little hideaway down here when I need to get away from things" Alex said to Max.
Max smiled warming his hands on the heat from the mug "Lipscombe use to hate me coming in here".
"Who is Lipscombe?" Max asked having never heard that name.
"Use to run the household, Jackson does that now and is making a good job of it" Alex replied.
Max stared out in to the kitchen "Long story but I will tell you about it" Alex added.
Max suddenly sat up "Dam what do I do about Christmas presents if I am staying?" he asked.
Alex laughed "Ask Liam to take you out but nothing expensive we don't do expensive gifts!".
Max put his mug down "But when, I don't seem to have any time you don't sit still!".
"Tomorrow morning, a few stores will be open for last minute present shopping" Alex said.

Alex rambled on about the presents Alden and he got family members over the last few years and Max was astounded that they were very simple gifts of chocolates, novelty socks, hats and gloves. He also emphasised that gifts were not expected, Alex made some suggestions for Max as a guide if he was intent of buying gifts. Returning to the royal quarters Alex and Max spent the next few hours chilling out where Alex went through his year telling all to Max including his sexual exploits, Prince Andreas and Lipscombe. Max was sat there quietly shocked at the revelations which explained a lot about how Marty became a very close friend to the prince. He never imagined that things like that could happen in a royal life, but then again no one really knew what went on behind the façade of a royal family. 

"We better go and get ready" Alex said standing up, "Guests will arrive shortly for security clearance".
"What time does it start?" Max asked standing up and stretching.
"Officially 7pm but guests have to be in place by 6.30" Alex informed him.

Max looked at himself in the mirror wearing the tuxedo Josh had provided, he had never looked so amazing as he felt right now and it helped boost his confidence whilst watching his lover transform in to a prince before his eyes wearing his official royal dress. Max walked over 'Wow!' he said kissing Alex then heading to the lounge to let him finish dressing. Liam appeared and Max burst out laughing seeing him in his formal royal household dress for the first time. 

"Don't you dare say a word Max!" Liam warned then smiled at him, "Your turn will come!".
Max nodded "Dam you look even sexier dressed like that" he said.
Liam laughed "What you want a piece of me?" he asked teasingly.
"How about a threesome?" Max asked, "I bet you have already done it with Alex!".
Liam smirked and winked at Max "Somethings are not for discussion" he replied.
"What isn't?" Alex remarked appearing and fully dressed in his finery.
Liam bowed his head "Your royal highness. Max was enquiring weather we have done it".
Artem walked in adjusting his tunic "Course they have, several times. Straight my arse!" he said.
"Artem!" Alex shouted at him, "How dare you speak out of term" he said trying to stop smiling.
Artem rolled his eyes "Shut up Alex. Apparently Liam is pretty good at gay sex" he added.
Liam just stood there smiling "And you are not helping!" Alex said to him.
"What?" Liam responded holding his hands out, "I haven't said a word".
Max walked over to Liam "Alex told me" he said smirking, "When do I get a go?" he asked grinning.
Liam smirked and looked Max up and down "I only do royalty" he replied.
Liam opened the doors "You are not a patch on me in the bed!" he said as Max walked past.
Max smiled "Then you need to show me!" he replied deliberately flaunting himself to Liam.
"Right I think we are all ready" Artem announced as they stood in the hallway.
Max looked at him "Tell me what is the significance of your dress?" he asked admiring it.
Artem smiled "White tunic with silver piping for royal staff, those serving close to the family".
Max nodded "And the gold sash?" he now asked.
"Normal sash colour is silver but Liam and I are are Barons" Artem replied to an astonished Max.
Artem chuckled "Not royalty or anything, it is title in service" he added.
"Not just service" Alex reminded him, "Exceptional commitment to service".
Max nodded "I guess Liam got his for service in the bedroom" he said and Artem burst out laughing.
"I will ignore that remark" Liam said watching Alex sniggering, "Behave all of you!".

Artem took Max to the reception where they met up with Josh and Marty, the 100 members of the public that were invited had arrived already along with the 150 other guests from government and nobility. Alex and Liam went a different route heading towards the waiting chamber where the family gathered before making their entrance, once there Liam bowed and took his leave heading back to the ballroom.

The six chambers members all assembled in the king's office patiently listening to the king talking about Max. Along with the king the chamber council was a total of 7 members so that it prevented a stale mate on any decisions that needed voting on, no member was permitted to abstain from voting or even dared to. There was a slight silence in the room and most the council members discreetly looked to the governor premier for an indication of where he was inclining including the king.

"Your majesty, is this the same gentleman he met in Mauritius and London?" Steven asked.
The king nodded "Yes, it is the very same".
"And he came here willingly to seek Prince Alexander?" the governor now asked and the king nodded.
The governor premier smiled "Then I vote for this union to progress" and all members agreed.
"Thank you" the king said in appreciation for a full vote.
"Your majesty we will need to discuss title of accession if this is successful" Steven added.
"Agreed" the king said, "In any case they should be afforded equal rights" he informed them.
Steven nodded "Absolutely we must always retain our Monrovian progressive nature" he said.
"Oh and one other thing The prince wants to visit London with Max after Christmas" the king said.
Steven contemplated a moment "Suggest they go on the 30th for three days" he advised.
"Excellent, it will give time to do any checks and let Max inform his family" the king said.
"Usual security but send two or three protection officers" Steven advised the king who nodded.
The king waited holding Steven back as the others members left "When can you see him?" he asked.
"I will make a call now and see him in the morning your majesty" Steven replied.

It was a clean sweep of the council members and the king let out a huge sigh of relief, the governor even said to the king that he knew this was the person Prince Alexander had fallen in love with and couldn't get him out of his mind. The king left the office at 6.45pm and returned to the waiting chamber the queen looked at her husband who nodded and she smiled taking his arm.

They walked over to where Alex stood "Council approves Alex pending checks" his father told him.
Alex smiled "Are we official then?" he asked and the king nodded.
"Nearly, Max will meet with the governor premier in the morning" his father replied.
Alex glanced at him "Wow it is happening that quickly?" he asked.
"Yes. But I suggest you both go slowly and let Max find his feet a little" the king suggested.
"I agree" Alex said turning to him, "I don't want to scare him off" he said.
"Maybe be seen together a few times out and about, unofficially of course" his father added.
"I would prefer it if the news slowly dropped before any official announcement" Alex said.
"Always thinking logically Alex" his mother said noticing how happy Alex now looked.
"And you may go to London on the 30th for new year" his father confirmed.
"Thank you both" Alex said kissing his parents.
"You need to take Liam and two other protection officers with you though" he stated adamantly.
"Of course" Alex replied walking off smiling and feeling very happy.
The queen turned to her husband "Did you discuss status?" she asked.
"A little, but it is to be decided in a few months. For now he will be lesser royal" he replied.
"Lower than Marie's husband?" she asked sounding surprised.
The king smiled "My dear I guess that does not sit well with you?" he proposed taking her arm.
"I suppose for now it will do. But he is with a serving royal" she reminded her husband.
"Ah! Jackson is here I need to get him to update the protocols" the king said beckoning him over.

Max, Marty and Josh were wandering around the great ballroom ignoring most of the guests and avoiding the television cameramen who were filming the event live, spending their time looking at the spectacular surroundings, everything was so immaculate and even the Christmas tree was elegantly decorated that is fitted in for a royal palace. Max had never enjoyed himself this much before, he stood chatting to two people that were fast becoming friends. Josh completely apart from royal life yet close enough and Marty who down to earth yet help such an important position in the mews, Max certainly never imagined he would meet two people so distinctly different and yet so perfect for each other. The television camera panned over to where Josh was talking away to Max, despite the denial of any romance catching Josh at the Christmas ball fuelled the speculation even more as it was televised live evening. In the last few months the news surrounding the prince's love life gained momentum and meant numerous articles had already started appearing on line. Tonight the camera fixed on Josh as the commentator in the studio got pictures flashed up of the prince and Josh out dining, then at the Christmas market. They were convinced all the signs were there and igored the young man who Josh was talking to since they had no idea who he was.

"Max!" came the voice of Lady Trasilion, "My god Max it is you!" she said approaching him.
"Lady Trasilion how lovely to see you" Max said beaming at the sight of her.
She laughed "Now what are you doing mingling here?" Lady Trasilion asked smiling and winking.
Max chuckled "You know full well" he replied.
"Good for you Max" Lady Trasilion said, "Glad you came to your senses".
"Oh and my daughter Stephanie who I believe you know" Lady Trasilion said bringing her forward.
"Westy!" Stephanie said looking shocked, "So you chased after him?" she asked hugging him.
Max hugged her "Yes, realised I couldn't live without him".

She was a stunning young lady who carried herself with confidence at 22 years old, she oozed a personality that was infectious. Here she looked even more stunning in her turquoise dress and a few men around the ballroom were noticing her. She was use to formalities and it clearly showed at how ease she was in the surroundings having attended several high profile meetings with international bankers and very rich people. Their chat was interrupted by the trumpet players blasting out the royal fanfare signifying the arrival of the countries monarch and family. The doors opening and the room fell silent with guests parting just as they had rehearsed. 'His Majesty The King Of Monrovia, Her Majesty The Queen of Monrovia' was announced and they walked in the ballroom, 'His Royal Highness Crown Prince Alden of Monrovia, Her Majesty The Dowager Queen Beatrice' followed and Alden and his grand mother walked in to the ballroom. 'His Royal Highness Prince Alexander of Monrovia, Her Royal Highness Princess Marie and His Lordship the Duke of Victoria' there was his man walking as a solitude figure a few steps ahead of his auntie in to the ballroom. A surreal moment took place for Max picturing him accompanying his prince at the next Royal Christmas ball. Strange he didn't feel nervous at that thought and watching all the guests bowing and curtsying when Alex walked past. So regal and so royal Max thought chuckling at how he knew that the perfect exterior hid a mad sex machine in bed. They lined up in royal order status with the king, queen, dowager queen, crown prince, prince, princess and duke ready to meet the specially invited guests. It was the one and only event where the Duke took part and by default the princess as well, since she refused to take part unless her husband was included.

"Ouch!" Max complained getting poked by Marty in his rib.
"What the hell are you giggling about?" Marty asked him quietly.
Max grinned "Him and how different he is in bed" he whispered to him.
Marty coughed a laugh "Yeah I know, fucking him in the barn at Greenacres was dam hot".
Max now had a shocked expression on his face then smiled "How very country of you!" he remarked.
Marty looked around then grabbed Max's arse "You were speechless when I was fucking you!".
They both got jabbed by Josh "Pay attention" he said rubbing both of their arses.
"How inappropriate and in the presence of royalty" Max said quietly and trying to laugh.
Marty looked around "Make sure the cameras don't pick up what you are doing" he said winking.
"Dam Max you have a very fine arse" Josh said quietly leaning closer to Max.
Marty grabbed Josh's hand removing it from Max's arse "Josh you must behave being my boyfriend".
Josh smiled and winked at Marty "By the way Max you look fantastic in that tuxedo" he said.
Max glanced over his shoulder at Josh "Thank you, not sure who the designer is".
Josh leaned in "Very funny" he said jabbing his finger at Max's hole making him squirm giggling.

Marty and Max were both sporting erections caused by Josh that was making them giggle. The cameras rolled on catching each of the 250 guests present being introduced and meeting the royal family, brief but it was a time honoured tradition and only happened at the Christmas ball. Guests were also allowed to take pictures or video on their phones at this part only. Marty thankfully didn't have to go through the line being a member of the royal household and he happily watched as Josh stood in line ahead of Max. The television cameras quickly zoomed in to Prince Alexander as Josh was introduced, Alex smiled and shook his hand giving nothing away. Lady Trasilion had taken her phone out and was filming Max as he began down the line of royalty. Max stepped up to the king who was a daunting figure standing there dressed so regally and Max bowed his head 'Your majesty' he said hoping to impress the king, they shook hands 'Welcome to Monrovia Max' the king replied and nodded to Max. It was a small and insignificant gesture to anyone looking on, yet to Max it seemed like he had just been given a nod of approval. He moved along quickly to the queen repeating his protocol and the queen said exactly the same. The dowager queen beamed when Max appeared and Alden stood there and winked at Max and shook his hand very tightly. Max moved and stood in front of Alex, his heart beating hard in his chest 'Your Royal Highness' he said bowing his head significantly lower. When their eyes met Alex was overcome with emotion and his eyes welled up, his man looked so stunning it was unbelievable, their hands lingered in the handshake for way too long opening up a gap between him and Josh in the line. Princess Marie made a coughing sound and he quickly moved on. All through the meetings he thought he nerves might give out, he was a mess inside and saved by Josh who quickly handed him a glass of champagne as they huddled in their little group.

"A time honoured tradition" Josh said smiling and putting his arm around Max.
Max breathed to steady his nerves "Did you not find that scary?" he asked.
"Of course, I mean it is the king and queen" Josh replied, "You will be there next year".
"Keep it down" came the voice of Liam from behind them, "Discretion" he reminded them.
Max turned to him "He has to mingle for a bit and will then join you" Liam said quietly.
Marty stood behind Max "Come behind the curtains and blow me, that will relax you" he said grinning.
Max laughed "Not with your boyfriend present. Liam how about it?" he asked looking at Liam.
"In your dreams" Liam replied as Nick wandered over noticing the group laughing.
Liam turned and put his arm around Nick's shoulder "Nick might be up for it Max" he suggested.
Max grinned stupidly "Up for what?" Nick asked grabbing a glass soda from a waiter passing by.
"Max here wants to blow you behind the curtains!" Josh surprisingly pipped up.
Nick shook his head looking serious "No way!" he remarked, "In the throne room then maybe!".

The five of them burst out laughing quite loudly which caused Alex to look over and smile interrupting his chat with Lady Trasilion, her husband and daughter. Alden by his side was making small talk with Lord Trasilion but his eyes were fixed on their daughter, a little sparkle was coming back to Alden, something that he had not felt with Elethera. Max understood that Alex had a role to perform this evening and spent the next hour chilling out with Josh and Marty. Liam and Nick returned to their casual positions watching over their princes. Alex and Alden moved on circulating around the room meeting their guests. Stephanie excused herself and wandered over to where Max was stood chatting

"Westy!" She said calling out to him, "Didn't expect to see you here!" she remarked.
Max smiled and kissed her on both cheeks "Steph I was surprised to see you here" he said.
"Cut the crap Westy, so is it going on, you and the prince?" she asked outright lowering her voice.
Max laughed giving nothing away "Even if there was I couldn't possibly comment on such a thing".
"Sorry Steph this is Marty and Josh" Max said introducing her and explaining how he knew her.
It didn't help when Alex approached "Good evening guests of the royal family" he said cheekily.
Stephanie curtsied "Good evening your royal highness" she said noticing that Max just smiled at him.
Finally Max bowed his head "Your royal highness" he said, "May I entice you to a drink?" he asked.
"Mr Westwood-Lymm are you trying to get me drunk?" Alex asked with a glint in his eye.
"I knew it" Stephanie suddenly said nudging Max, "Westy! you are a terrible liar".
Max glanced at her winking "Prince Alexander have you met Lady Trasilion's daughter?" he asked.
Alex nodded looking at her "I have briefly" he replied, "My brother fancies you" he said.
Stephanie laughed looking over at Prince Alden who caught her eye "Does he indeed!" she replied.
"He will have to impress her mother first" Max said, "I remember that boy in school you wanted to date".
Steph chuckled "Don't remind me Max" she said leaning in, "Mother wouldn't let him through the front door".

Alex laughed knowing how much of tough cookie Lady T was, he bowed his head and walked off to meet other guests and the doors to the reception room with the buffet were officially opened marking the start of the more casual part of the evening. Television crews were removed from the palace to allow the guests privacy and enjoy the evening. Max was finding it hard to keep track of where Alex was as he moved so quickly around the room grabbing bits and pieces of food when he could. Max picked up a plate and piled some food on it and took it away hiding it in the corner of the reception room so that Alex had something to eat. Many of the guests were finally tucking in to the buffet and Alex weaved his way with Alden back to where they stood, Liam and Nick were in tow carrying a plate of food each that they were devouring. Alden kept trying to pinch some food off Nick's plate but he was far to quick reminding Alden that he doesn't share food no matter who he is. There had definitely been a closer bond formed between Nick and Alden over the last few weeks that Alex had picked up, it was like his brother had let a little bit of his guard down without Elethera poking and prodding to retain by his royal stand and be aloof, the thought sent a shiver up his spine.

"I am so hungry" Alden complained when they stood within the group.
Alex nodded "Me to and these piggy's won't share" he complained.
Max leant behind and picked up the plate "Here I got this for you" he said.
Alex smiled staring at Max full of love for him "Thank you" he said softly.
"What about me?" Alden asked looking at Max.
"Sorry but I don't love you" Max replied making Liam cough with laughter.
Alden circled around Max then leaned in "I will get you for that!" he said chuckling.
"You can share mine Alden" Alex said offering him the plate.
"Thanks" Alden said, "Can you introduce me properly to Lady T's daughter?" Alden asked his brother.
Alex smirked "What's it worth?" he asked teasing his brother enjoying the moment way to much.
"Oh! you are serious?" Alex asked looking at Alden who nodded, "Ask Max he knows her better".
"You need to impress her mother first your highness" Max said looking at Alden.
Alden grinned at Max "I am a fucking crown prince!" he said in a shrilly voice that had them all laughing.
Max smiled at Alden "Yeah what's it worth your royal highness?" he asked standing there all cocky.
Alden handed the plate to Alex "You want a head start before I get you?" he asked moving closer.
"You can't run in your royal dress princess!" Max replied stepping back and giggling.
Alden smirked beckoning Nick over "Sort him out!" he commanded his protection officer.
"Not whilst I am eating" Nick replied raising a prawn in his fingers and dipping it in the sauce.
Alden turned to face him with his hands on his hips "Are you disobeying me?" he asked.
Nick dangled the prawn in front of Alden "Open wide tinkerbell" he said pushing it in Alden's mouth.
"Lazy fucker!" Max said making Nick laugh, Alden stood staring at him then burst in to fits of laughter.
The queen walked over to the noisy group "If you don't stop you can go to bed the lot of you!".
"Your majesty!" they all said bowing.
"Alden you have marie rose sauce on your chin! Such a disgrace to the crown" she said giggling.
"His fault!" he said pointing to Nick, "And he didn't help!" he now said blaming Max and Nick together.
"Have you boys eaten?" she asked looking at Alden and Alex.
"Yes, Max thoughtfully got us a plate of food" Alex replied, "And Alden had a prawn!".
"Good, thank you Max. Now have fun and don't get drunk Alden!" she said walking away.

Alden stood there with his mouth open in shock at his mother embarrassing him in front of everyone. The orchestra began playing in the ballroom and guests began to move back in to the ballroom whilst the footmen replenished the buffet that would remain open all evening. Max went and grabbed another plate for the two prince's and on his return Alden started grilling him on Stephanie. Alex watched his brother, the tiny things he did spoke volumes and clearly he was all nerves talking about her. It soon became evident that Alden was really taken by her by the amount of questions he was throwing at Max one after the other. Alex gave up and took his brother across the ballroom to where Lady Trasilion stood talking with her daughter, her husband was talking a group of men and he took the opportunity.

"Lady Trasilion!" Alex called out getting her attention.
"Your royal highnesses" Lady Trasilion said approaching with her daughter and curtsying.
"Go on I am not doing your dirty work for you" Alex said to his brother confusing Lady Trasilion.
Alden bowed his head in respect "Lady Trasilion may I ask your daughter to dance?" he asked.
Caught by surprise she smiled and nodded her head gently "You may your highness, but you will have to ask her".
As quick as that Alden and Stephanie went off "He fancies your daughter" Alex said.
"Clearly" Lady Trasilion replied watching them, "What happened to that princess?" she asked.
"Don't ask" Alex replied, "Totally unsuitable and council didn't approve of her".
"Hmm" Lady Trasilion said then looked at Alex, "Is he serious?" she asked.
Alex smiled taking her arm "I have never seen Alden look so nervous and stupid as he just did".
"Well Stephanie makes her own choices now" she said glancing at Alex.
Alex smiled "I have a feeling it will only be after she seeks your approval" he replied.

Lady Trasilion chuckled and winked at Alex, he walked back over to where his little group stood he desperately wanted to kiss Max who looked a little out of place, shuffling on the spot and unsure what he should be doing. Marty and Josh were so engrossed in each other whilst Liam and Nick kept an eye on where their respective charges were.

"Are you alright?" Alex asked standing by the side of Max.
Max glanced at him "I think so, a little anxiety, nerves, oh I don't know" he replied.
"How so?" Alex asked discreetly moving his hand to touch against Max's.
"Having you so close yet I can't touch you" Max replied turning his head to look at Alex.
"Don't worry Max, you will feel me later I promise you" Alex replied trying not to move his mouth.
Max chuckled and rubbed his hand against Alex's "I love you Alex!" he said quietly.
"I know" Alex replied glancing at him, "And I love you Max".
"I can hear you both" Liam said turning around and winking at Max.
The dowager queen approached them "Alex you should be out mingling" she said telling him off.
"Your majesty" everyone said bowing as she stood there in front of them all.
Alex nodded "Of course your majesty" he said bowing his head and glancing at Max before heading off.

Max watched Alex going off doing his thing whilst the dowager queen chatted to Liam and Nick briefly, her eye though was clearly on Max. Unknown to Max the dowager queen had quietly taken to him and was vastly impressed by how well he had conducted himself today. The orchestra struck up a gentle waltz in the background and Max chuckled remembering how he and Stephanie had danced together at school when learning the waltz, it was one he could do effortlessly.

"Ah a perfect waltz for the evening" the dowager queen remarked glancing in to the ballroom.
Max decided to go for all or nothing "Your majesty, may I have this dance?" he asked.
The dowager queen paused then looked at him "Yes, you may indeed Max" she said placing her hand out.

Max took her hand softly leading her to the ballroom, interest in Max from the crowd of guests started to spike as they made their way on to the dance floor, he had no idea why as other guests were dancing with royalty. The king almost backed in to another guest dancing by him at the sight. His mother never danced with anyone other than himself or the governor premier. The guests now slowed and watched Max and the dowager queen move magically around the floor, there was a smile and laughter from the dowager queen as they spoke. Max telling her how nervous and silly he felt standing like a lemon at the side for most of the evening, then part of their conversation switched to some of the portraits adorning the far end of the ballroom where Beatrice dished out some of the family dirty secrets of past monarchs that had Max in stitches and loosing his rhythm slightly. Alex was dancing with one of the lady guests when he noticed Max gliding past with his grandmother as the music began the final few bars. Even he knew that she had very rarely danced at the ball, if she did it was usually with the king or governor premier.

Max bowed his head "Thank you so much your majesty" he said as they lightly clapped.
"Thank you Max, you are a good dancer" the dowager queen replied.
"If you don't mind I would like to dance with my mother" the king said seizing the opportunity.
"Your majesty" Max said bowing again and making room.
"Max!" the queen said almost making him jump out of his skin holding her hand out.
Max smiled "Your majesty" he said bowing his head, "May I?" he asked.

The queen then made a slight curtsy to Max and naturally people were watching the royal family and queen, anyone in the know could see the young man was someone of interest, it was the very unusual action the queen made that caught their attention even more than Max dancing with the dowager queen. Alex and Alden both noticed it and he immediately looked over at Alex who had the biggest smile on his face.

"Are you going to make him happy Max?" the queen asked as they glided slowly around the ballroom.
Max was unsure if he should actually look her in the eye "Of course I will your majesty".
The queen nodded "We are putting a lot of trust in your hands Max, with Alex" she said quietly.
"In what way?" Max asked sounding a little confused then quickly adding, "Your majesty".
The queen chuckled "Max, when talking like this you can drop the majesty bit" she advised him.
Max nodded "Alex nearly gave up this life, I think you have helped keep him here" she said.
"Really?" Max asked try to keep a normal expression, "I know he said he would for me".
"Alex being gay is hard Max, with his position and finding someone suitable" the queen hinted.
Max smiled "You all scare me a little" he said, "I love your son too much to let him quit".
She nodded "You understand that we have to bide by rules despite who we are" she said.
"I am getting there" Max replied and the queen smiled, "It won't be easy for me" he added.
They silently danced for a minute "We will help you Max in anyway we can" the queen finally said.
Max looked at her again "What will become of me?" he asked, "Can I still live normally?".
The queen did a quiet laugh "Well life is not normal Max, but you will retain some normality".
They gently clapped as the dance finished "Normal is what you make it Max" the queen said.
The music started another waltz "May I?" Max asked and the queen nodded taking his hand.
"I will look after and protect him" Max said as they danced on.
The queen looked at him "The dowager queen approves, she is the toughest of all of us" she said.
Max smirked and cocked his head to one side "Hmm.. I am not so sure" he said making her laugh.

They walked together off the dance floor with the queen linking her arm through Max's as they strode over to where Alex was standing with Alden who was talking away to Stephanie and looking at her with soppy puppy eyes. The look on Alex's face was plain to read, he seemed really happy how Max was chatting away with his mother, from that moment he knew that Max was going to fit in just fine and his family would close ranks to make sure he never felt out of place. Max was beginning to understand a lot more about this royal family and how they worked, quickly he noticed the look the queen gave in Stephanie's direction. Alden noticed his mother looking in their direction and it looked like his mother was clearly talking about Stephanie to Max.

"She is Lady Trasilion's daughter" Max said making the queen chuckle, "I went to school with her".
The queen nodded "Really" she mused, "And what is your opinion? she asked glancing at Max.
"Well educated, stable and already has very good etiquette" Max replied watching the queen nod.
Alden excused himself "One moment Stephanie" he said walking over to his mother.
"Your majesty" Alden said bowing, "May I have your permission to ask her for a date?" he asked.
"You may" The queen replied, Alden looked at Max and mouthed the word thank you to him.
Max faced the queen "Your majesty thank you" he said bowing his head as she left.
Liam walked up behind Max "How did you get the dowager queen to dance?" he asked.
Max shrugged "Does she not then?" he asked and Liam shook his head.

Max stood there oblivious to the significance of his dance with the dowager queen. It was not only the orchestra playing that evening, the senior royals were also playing a very discreet game in showing that this young gentleman was someone important to the family. After all not everyone dances with the queen or dowager queen. Max grabbed some water and was more relaxed than he had ever been. He noticed the dowager queen milling around and chatting a few meters away when another waltz began playing from the orchestra. Max took a few steps towards the dowager queen who noticed his arrival and turned to him. Max bowed and simply held out his hand. The dowager queen nodded her head slightly and handing him her hand and off the went dancing again. The king looked on again simply dumbstruck at how Max had won his mother over so effortlessly. They came to a stop meters from where they had started and the dowager curtsied to Max who in turn bowed and thanked her, she chuckled and thanked Max then walked off to re-join the king and queen. Alex finally managed to get away and join them for a drink, his attention for some reason was drawn to the governor premier who checked his phone then walked over to the king and whispered in his ear. His father nodded and smiled patting Stephen on the arm, Brad wandered off leaving Steven and the king heading in Alex's direction. 

"Your royal highness" Brad said bowing his head.
Alex chuckled since he had a bit of a thing for Brad "Hello are you having a good evening?" he asked.
Brad nodded "Never mind that introduce me to your man!" he demanded smiling at Alex.
"Very well. Max please meet the governor premier's husband Brad" Alex said introducing them.

Alex stepped back allowing them to chat and he looked around noticing that Marty had spotted Tom on duty and was chatting to him trying to be very discreet. His new boyfriend Josh was still in complete awe of the evening taking in everything that was going on and admiring the many ball gowns being worn by the ladies. Alex nodded as his mother approached making a little cough behind Josh, but he was miles away didn't hear. Alex tapped him on the should and nodded for him to turn around.

"Oh! Your majesty" Josh said bowing, "I am so sorry I didn't know you were here".
"Perfectly alright Josh" she replied, "Now what about you designing me that dress?" she asked.
Josh smiled "You seriously want me to design you a dress?" thinking that it a passing comment the other day.
"Absolutely, I do require it for Prince Alexander's birthday party though" she said.
Josh nodded "That won't be a problem" he replied, "I just hope you like what I come up with".

It caught him off guard when she advised him she wanted to wear it at Alex's 21st birthday ball, he wasn't worried though knowing he could achieve that with his eyes closed. Across the ballroom Alden had been successful and secured a date with Stephanie the day after Christmas since she and her family was staying at their mansion on the outskirts of Victoria until the new year. She was beginning to wonder why she had always turned down these invitations after having such a fun evening, well having her friend Max there certainly helped make her night.

At the stroke of midnight the royal family left the ballroom and Max was told to wait in one corner of the ballroom for Liam. Max said good night to Marty and Josh as they slipped away together and he stood there like a lemon in the corner waiting. He almost jumped out of his skin when Liam tapped him on the shoulder quietly and discreetly Max followed him in to the passageway behind the ballroom disappearing out of view.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Another great chapter!

Max stealing the show will put him on the radar now. Wont take long for people to speculate on him and Alex.

Such a rich (pun intended) cast of characters. I look forward to the next chapter more and more.

• Like 1

Plenty of good laughs from all the raunchy dialogue among the boys, but I think my favourite part of this chapter was the scene of the queen dancing with Max. For the first time, I'm starting to get a real picture of her as a person, and liking what I'm learning about her. Of course, it didn't do any harm when she stuck her oar in by threatening to send the boys to bed! Since all that took place after the cameras were gone, I wonder how long it will take for the TV journalists to realize that Josh is not the one they should be watching?

• Like 1

@losolent the depth in which you craft your characters with lust, love and life is truly magical and addictive. 

Getting to the end of each amazing chapter only leaves me wanting more and I dread thinking that this story will at some point come to an end. 

I can only hope that’s a long way off and that there is still a lot more of this story left to tell. 

Already waiting in anticipation for more.  Thank you so much for your craftsmanship!!

• Like 2