Life Of The Spare

Part 27 - The Royal Suite

Spending most of the day locked up in the royal suite Alex was not in the mood to go sightseeing but eventually relented late in the afternoon. Disguising himself so not to be recognised he spent a few hours shopping with Liam and Artem. They had an early dinner in the suite and after Alex sat curled up on the sofa watching television with Liam, the prince was noticeably in a better mood having his two friends with him. Liam looked at Artem knowing it was time to reveal things to Alex who was probably not going to be receptive to the devious plan hatched. 

"Artem and I are going out, Max is coming over to drop the painting off" Liam informed him.
Alex stared at them both "Why, it is all screwed up between us now" he replied dismissively.
Liam stood "Alex it is not over, there is something between you two and you need to tell him".
"What use is that going to do?" Alex asked, "You saw how he reacted finding out who I am".
"Get over yourself" Artem butted in, "Stop being miserable and fight for him" he said angrily.
Alex looked at him in shock "I... err." he stuttered.
Artem mimicked him "I.... err, I... err" he said,  "You Alex are a catch, he is lucky you like him, fight for him!".
"Bit strong Artem" Liam said but agreeing, "You both need to be alone and talk this out".
Alex sat back on the sofa "And how am I suppose to do that?" he asked rebuking their words.
Liam shook his head "Work on him like you did with me, it worked didn't it?" he asked.
Artem chuckled unable to stop his next few words "You dirty little fuckers" he said laughing.
Alex grinned looking at the look on Artem's face "You asked me to kiss you!" Alex reminded him.
Artem stood up "Oh! Now you have poked the bear" he said coming around the sofa towards Alex.

Alex stood up to Artem and before Liam could stop it they were on the floor partly fighting and grabbing arses, it took a moment for Liam to see that both of them were giggling between shouting profanities at each other and pinching arse cheeks harder making each other yelp in pain. Liam just waved his arm 'Get a room you two' he remarked walking to his room laughing. Artem and Liam looked at each other then stood and ran at Liam pushing him in his bedroom and flat on his back on the bed. He fought in vain trying to get the two of them off him, every time he got the upper hand one of them would launch a tickling assault bringing Liam to fits of laughter. Finally he got Artem in a body scissor and Alex made his escape leaving Artem to deal with him 'Come back here you chicken' Artem shouted at him. Giving up Artem laid there trying to prise Liam's legs off his body 'Apologise' Liam said mocking Artem, 'Okay, okay. I am sorry' he replied giggling. 

Liam slowly released his legs from around Artem's body then checked his watch, Max would be arriving around 8.30pm, he hurried Artem along and went to see Alex in his bedroom who was sat on his bed looking pensive.

"Don't let us down Alex" Liam said walking in and sitting next to him on the bed.
Alex gave a nervous smile "The butler will let him in and tell him to leave it in here" Liam said.
"The painting?" Alex asked and Liam nodded, "Okay, so then what?" Alex asked looking at him.
Liam smiled "Do what you do best Alex, charm the hell out of him and don't let him go".
"I can not make him stay Liam, he has to be aware of what this means for him" Alex replied.
Alex laid back sighing "God, if this was normal it would be so easy" he said.
Liam patted his leg "Call if you need us Alex" he said standing up.

It was late night opening at the gallery and Max had finished the last invoices for the previous nights showing where they had sold a record number of Asa's paintings. David had been worried about him all day as he sat there head down getting on with work, his face was etched with a sadness and he was not the Max that every one knew. Tapping away at his laptop he had tried not to check out the reviews, his boss had been overly happy all day about the success of the showing. Giving in he did a search and read through some review until he came across the picture of Asa, Alex and Lady Trasilion. He read the caption underneath 'His Royal Highness Prince Alexander of Monrovia made a surprise appearance in support of the artist along with long standing supporter of the arts Lady Trasilion'. He closed the laptop screen in anger without even knowing why he was angry, Alex had done nothing wrong, oh wait yes he had he thought to himself turning in to anger again, Alex had hidden who he really was. On the flip side Max vaguely understood why he may have done it, no matter which way he weighed it up it came down to deceit, plain and simple.

"Max I need a favour please" David called out from his office.
Max walked in "Sure what is it?" he asked sitting down.
"Can you take a taxi over to Claridges and drop this off at suite 201 please" David asked.
Max picked up the wrapped painting "Of course David" he replied.
"You can finish after you have done that Max, you did a great job with Asa's showing" David said.
Max half smiled "Thank you" he said leaving the office.

Max had no idea who he was delivering the painting to as the taxi weaved its way towards Mayfair and coming to a halt outside the imposing frontage of the hotel. The doorman opened the taxi door for Max who slipped out and in to the reception area checking the piece of paper again. He walked over to the concierge desk telling him he had a delivery for 201, without batting an eye the concierge informed Max that the butler was expecting him and guided him to the lift. He knew straight away standing at the doors it was no ordinary room and he pressed the doorbell. Inside Alex heard the doorbell and started telling himself to calm down slipping in to the dark bathroom breathing heavily, almost laughing at how ridiculous this whole charade was until he heard the butler talking to Max and telling him to lay it on sofa in the bedroom and unwrap it. Alex heard the door closing and knew the butler had left the suite. Max stood in the suite completely blown away by the impressive décor and space, he had been in some top suites of hotels but this was a level not even his parents could justify the price of. He strode slowly over to the bedroom doors figuring that the guests must be out for the night by how quiet it was, he opened the left door and entered noticing the sofa and went about wrapping it. 

His eyes opened wide seeing the Silver Lake "Wow" he said more to himself than anyone.
Alex quietly moved in to the room watching Max admiring the painting "I got it for you" he said.
Max spun round "Alex!" he said shocked by his appearance, "Or should I say your highness!".
Alex shrugged "I deserved that" he said apologetically, "That is for you Max".
Max looked at the painting "Why?" he asked pausing then turning, "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.
"It was not to lie to you Max please believe me" Alex said moving towards him.
Alex stopped "I wanted some time to myself, to be myself and not the prince" he explained.
"Well you fooled me completely" Max replied desperately wanting to feel Alex in his arms.
Alex shook his head "It was no game Max, how I felt, what I feel, it is all real".
Alex walked over and sat on the bed "I messed it up Max plain and simple".
"Don't think for one minute giving me that makes up for it" Max replied still angry at him.
Alex looked down at his hands "I fell in love with you on holiday Max" he admitted openly.
Max was taken back by his words. "It took me a while to realise it but it happened" Alex continued.
"You were so kind to me, I fell in love watching you from the balcony" Alex said.
Max sat beside him on the bed "Wow Alex, I mean this is a lot to take in and process".
"I get it Max" Alex said then nodded to the painting, "I brought that for you".
Max shook his head "Alex I can't take it" he replied apologising.

Max stood and walked over to the painting and ran his finger lightly over the canvas, the ridges from the paint under his fingers were bumpy and rough, the brush strokes clearly the work of Asa, the feeling only reminding him what going into Alex's world would be like. He couldn't deny the love he felt towards the person who stole his heart on the beach, the laughter, the playfulness, the romantic evenings. It all boiled down to a different kind of Alex he knew then and not the one that stood behind him now professing his love, never before had another man said it in such a way to him. It was tearing him apart and he desperately did not want to lose Alex again because of this, it broke him when he left Alex last time driving to the airport. No matter what ran through his head Alex had played him successfully and he couldn't straighten the mess out in his head.

"Max, I just want a chance with you." Alex said putting his hand on his shoulder, "Take it slowly".
Max nodded "You mean be your boyfriend?" he asked turning to look at Alex.
"Yes" Alex replied, "We can do it in secret but there is a chance it will eventually get out".
Max stood silently looking at him "It is just me Max, the same person on the balcony".
"Well not quite" Max said stroking Alex's face, "Alex, I need time to think".
Alex lowered his eyes nodding "Well I suppose that is the best I can expect right now".
"No one has ever told me they loved me in such a way as you have done Alex" Max said.
Alex leaned in and kissed him on the lips "I meant every word of it" Alex replied.
Alex sighed "I know everything is complicated Max, but will you stay the night?" he asked.
Max chuckled "Do I have to bow before I fuck you?" he asked tongue in cheek.
Alex smirked at him "Who said you were going fuck me?" he asked, "I am going to fuck you!".
Max kissed him on the lips delicately "Fight you for top" he said pushing Alex towards the bed.

Max laughed watching Alex rip his clothes off then started doing the same then they both laughed noticing each of them were sporting erections, Max nodded 'So you were genuine then' he said pushing Alex back on the bed and jumping on to him. Alex quickly found out that Max was very strong and he soon found himself pinned underneath Max and only able to see the tattoos down his arm. Max laughing from his position above began wriggling and lifting his hips until his cock was in position then slowly he put pressure against Alex's hole, he worked at the hole until it finally gave swallowing the head of his cock. Alex tensed up moaning yet the pain was a delirious happy one, it suddenly stopped and Max kissed the side of Alex's neck then bit him tenderly a couple of times before increasing the pressure again pushing deeper inside. Alex raised his head moaning softly until he felt the full body weight of Max easing down on his back, he turned his head to look at Max who was watching him closely. Their heads moved closer and lips seamlessly parted, kissing in a passionate throw of sexual pleasure and a clear demonstration of the love that was bonding between them. His thrusts delivered slowly and purposefully, holding his cock deep inside before repeating several times. Suddenly he withdrew and roughly flipped Alex on to his back where their eyes met connecting them in a timeless moment. Max quickly pulled Alex's legs up to his shoulders and began penetrating Alex again all the time watching his facial response driving Max on. He spent several minutes fucking Alex slowly in this position before allowing his legs to rest across his thighs. Resting on his elbows inches from Alex's face he gave several harder thrusts then threw himself down kissing Alex passionately, all the time his pelvis rocked faster and faster, his balls tapping furiously against Alex's arse. Max stopped kissing and began grunting sounds as he breathed out rapidly, Alex could feel Max tensing and his hot breath flowing over his face looking each other in the eye. Alex cried out as he felt Max lock his cock in deeper, the pulsating contractions followed by the soothing and warming sensation of Max's seed flowing in to his arse. Alex wrapped his arms around his lovers body holding him close until his orgasm faded, lifting his head slightly until his lips met those of Alex who reciprocated and kissed him again. 

They laid in silence with just the heavy breathing filling the room with ambient sound, Alex released Max then quickly rolled him over assuming the top position and grabbing Max's beautiful light hairy legs and pushing his thighs either side to keep them aloft. Leaning forward he controlled the kissing holding Max's arms down on the bed who seemed to find it even more arousing. Max looked up at him, he looked so unassuming yet a dominant loving side was becoming very evident to Max who knew this was going to be a even matched relationship if he decided that is what he wanted. Max kissed him madly and deeply feeling Alex gyrating his hard cock against his arse, the precum already making his hole slippery, Alex pulled his pelvis up then pushed down. His aim was spot on and it delved into the warmth of Max's arse, his legs closed tightly around Alex's waist briefly, unable to moan his mouth was full of Alex's tongue kissing him madly. Alex pulled back from their kiss and pushed the entire length of his shaft deep in to Max who moaned loudly and wriggled his body in excitement, more so from the pinning of his arms to the bed the brought a wild erotic feeling being at the mercy of Alex. His hips gyrating first before moving in to a rhythmical gentle thrusting, Max was more heightened than ever still recovering from his orgasm, his own cock bouncing up and down began leaking like a faucet and he knew he was about to cum again. Alex looked down at Max and smiled seeing him staring straight back in to his eyes, his hips using a more gyrating thrust action which caused Max's legs to quiver and his back arch off the bed 'Oh fuck' he said his eyes rolling up in ecstasy feeling the pulsing of his own cock as he shot a big ribbon of seed up along his chest and splashing against his neck. His arse muscles rapidly contracted around Alex cock 'Oh wow' Alex cried ramming his cock in several times harder than ever against the tight muscles trying to break the contracting around his cock, quickly he was brought over the edge rearing up and pushing harder and erupting sending his seed in to Max. He collapsed panting hard on top of Max his hips still producing thrusts even though his orgasm was over, his hands released Max's arms and they quickly wrapped around his neck and back hugging him so close.

Alex rolled on to his back laying beside Max, "Wow" Alex said grinning, "That was intense".
Max turned his head to face Alex "Amazing" he replied grinning.
"I made a mistake with you in Mauritius, I am so sorry" Alex said sitting up.
"What do you mean?" Max asked stroking Alex's arm softly.
Alex sighed "Not getting your number, not being open about me. The list goes on Max" he said.
Max looked up at him "I don't suppose you would move to London?" he asked.
The smiled disappeared from Alex's face "Only if I renounce the crown" he replied quietly.
Max leaned up and kissed him "Come on lets enjoy the time we have right now" he said pulling Alex.

The two of them kissed and giggled rolling around on the bed before slipping under the sheets, they stayed awake staring at each other and kissing until Max dropped off and Alex was not far behind. Liam and Artem returned to a very quiet royal suite, Liam walked over and listened at the door then opened it slightly and peered in. He smiled closing the door quietly and nodded at Artem who smiled in return. Max had dozed ending up having a restless night running everything through his head and what to do, nothing was making any sense and things like this only happen in films. Max fell asleep properly around 4am in a very undecided state, Alex woke just before 6am and smiled seeing Max lying next to him, he had only today left in London before departing the following day. He was so chilled out that he fell back to sleep so easily, it was very unlike him once he was awake. Artem poured two coffees and took them over to the bedroom, quietly opening the door he crept over silently placing one cup by Alex then walked around and placed the other by Max. As quiet as he was he movement brought Max out of his sleep, shocked seeing this young guy there he was trying to work out if he was dreaming. Artem smiled and walked back around the other side of the bed and slapped Alex's arse.

"Ouch!" Alex cried out rolling over and giggling looking up at Artem.
"Good morning your highness" Artem said bowing his head, "You will be late!" he said.
Alex rolled over "Morning" he said to Max who had a worried look on his face.
Max sat up in bed watching Artem, "Who is he?" he asked looking at Alex.
"My valet and PA" Alex replied casually, "Annoys me, berates me, ignores me" he said laughing.
Max looked at Artem "Does he have to be in here right now?" he asked sounding concerned.
"Yes, sorry I forgot to mention him" Alex said sitting up next to Max.
Artem bowed "Your clothes are ready your highness, I will let you two to get dressed" he said.
Max watched Artem leave the room and close the "This just got so real" he quietly said.
Alex put his coffee down "Max do you want to make a go of this?" he asked.
Max climbed out of bed "I don't know Alex, this is all very strange".
Liam came in to the bedroom "Good morning your highness, we need to be ready in thirty".
"Morning Liam, thanks" Alex replied cautiously glancing at Max who looked overwhelmed.
"Max do you need dropping off anywhere?" Liam asked.
"Yes please I need to go home and get changed" Max replied and Artem appeared with a towel.
"Max" Liam called to him, "I trust I do not need to tell you to be discreet" he said.

Max nodded walking to the bathroom holding the towel, he couldn't even bring himself to look back. Right now he was like a rabbit in headlights, frozen and scared to move, the whole royal thing in the last few minutes had got so enormously real and Max was freaking out. Closing the bathroom door he leaned back against it breathing hard, he didn't even now what was going through his head it was so jumbled up in there right now. 

Alex looked worryingly at Liam "He never answered me" Alex said fearing he knew what was coming.
Liam walked over and hugged him "There is no rush I told you that on holiday" he said.
Alex didn't look so sure "This is what I am scared of, rejection because of who I am" he said.
"Alex if he loves you he has to accept you irrelevant of who you are" Liam said making sense. 

Max stood under the warm running water holding the soap in his hands and staring at the tiled wall. This was way beyond what he expected and the unfolding knowledge of people being around Alex constantly was unsettling. It was clear this would be no ordinary relationship, then there was the whole thing with Alex's family. He had done enough research yesterday to know that Alex had an older brother who was crown prince, his parents the king and queen and his grandmother the dowager queen. Frankly it scared the hell out of him despite how much he loved Alex. He couldn't face his life being thrown in to such turmoil, did he even want to have his life changed because of this? Last night being so intimate with him had only brought that love out even stronger, he knew Alex was the person for him but he was running scared at the thought of a future unknown, a life left behind that he loved in London and couldn't be without. Max dried himself off and dressed slowly knowing that any decision was going to be hard to make. Max opened the door slowly to find Alex sitting on the bed alone.

Max came out of the bathroom and sat beside him "Alex" he said quietly.
He nodded already fearing the worst was coming "I get it" Alex said looking at him.
Max shook his head slowly "I can't do this as much as I love you and I really do" he said.
"Don't make this harder than it is Max please" Alex said wiping his eyes and standing up.
"I would give this all up to be with you!" Alex stated turning to face him.
"No Alex", Max replied staring up at him, "This is your life, I don't fit it" he said.
Max grabbed his arm "I love you Alex, crazy as it sounds but we are simply worlds apart".
A tear slipped silently down his cheek "I am only letting you go because I love you" Alex said.
Alex pulled Max up and kissed him "I love you Max" he repeated, "Always will no matter what".
Max welled up and choked his words out "I could never be good enough for you".
"You already are Max believe me" Alex said letting go of Max.
Alex walked Max over to the painting "Take the painting and go" Alex said his heart breaking.
"Is that it?" Max replied looking somewhat shocked.
"Max I can't stop being who I am, believe me I have tried" Alex exclaimed holding his emotions.
Max half smiled "You are special Alex, in my eyes you are Alex. But your life...".
Alex kissed him slowly "I can not put you through what my life entails Max".
"Cautious and steady Alex, that is what I love about you" Max said wiping his eyes again.
Alex nodded then smiled "Well I tried" he said defeated, "Your painting" he reminded him.
Max looked at it "You seriously got this for me?" he asked, "Why?".
"You told me how much you loved it" Alex replied staring at the painting.
Max ran his finger over the brush strokes "Those few words and you remembered them" he said softly.
Alex couldn't bear it any longer "Good bye Max" he said then quickly went to the bathroom.

Max stood there watching and hearing the lock click, had this really just happened he wondered? Had he broken up with Alex before they even started? He couldn't help fearing that he was the one making the biggest mistake of his life, it didn't matter who or what Alex was, he loved him yet this life changing experience freaked the hell out of him. Max waited a few minutes then picked up the painting and opened the bedroom door walking out in to the lounge where Liam looked up from his phone.

"You ready to go?" Liam asked standing up.
Max turned and looked in to the bedroom then nodded "Yes, it is for the best" he said.
"What happened?" Liam asked looking horrified.
"Don't worry I will get a cab" Max said unable to look at Liam walking to the suite door.
Liam grabbed his arm "Max wait, is that it?" he asked.
"I can not do this Liam, Alex's life, his world, everything is so out of place right now" Max replied.
Liam shook his head "You have to be kidding me Max?" he asked.
"The pain is real Liam, but his life is not my life" Max spoke and his sincerity was clear.
"So that is it?" Liam asked, "Alex is a prince and suddenly nothing is the same?".
Max stared at him "I can't think clearly right now" he said, "I know I will regret this".
"Max one thing you should know" Liam said standing in front of him, "He is royalty".
"Yeah I know that now" Max replied quickly cutting Liam off.
"Who you know is Alex, not the prince" Liam said, "You got to know the real person behind the crown".
Max studied him carefully "The one who lied about who he was" he replied quietly.
Liam shook his head "He never lied, or deceived you. The two of you never talked about your personal life".
Max stood there in silence "Who you both were was irrelevant, you fell in love" Liam added.
Max turned and opened the door "I know and that is the hardest part of it" he simply replied.
Liam shook his head "You are both making a big mistake Max" he said.
Max walked out the door and turned to Liam "Trust me my life is falling apart right now".

Liam watched a tear run down Max's face as he closed the door. Max walked to the lift rubbing his eyes and entered it watching the door to the royal suite narrow as the lift doors close and probably shutting out Alex from his life. All the way home he felt sick like his soul had been sucked out of him. The painting being the only reminder of Alex and he couldn't figure out if he should hang it or sell it on, it could end up being a painful reminder for years to come. Max called his boss at the gallery taking the day off and took over an hour to arrive home, his parents Stephanie and Lawrence knew immediately that something was on Max's mind, failing to concentrate or pay attention to anything his parents were asking they sat there looking at him trying to figure out what had changed their son in the space of two days. 

"Who brought you the painting?" Lawrence his father asked curiously.
Max looked at it "Alex the... a guy a met at the gallery" he responded solemnly.
Stephanie sat down next to him "Is it serious?" she asked getting straight to the point.
Max shrugged looking at his mother "It is complicated, sorry I can't really talk about it".

Max looked at both his parents and excused himself telling them he needed to be alone. He left the house and walked to Hyde Park where he sat unable to make sense of the hell he was going through. The still but bitingly cold air numbing all the pain.

Liam walked in to the bedroom looking for Alex and could hear him in the bathroom and took at seat on the bed waiting for him.

Alex walked out of the bathroom dressed to find Liam sat there "What happened Alex?" he asked.
"I tried" Alex said sitting next to him, "He doesn't want to be part of my life" he replied.
"Fucking idiot" Liam replied getting angry, "In fact both of you are!" he added.
Alex held Liam's hand "It is done. He made his decision" he said fighting back the tears.
Liam hugged him "It would so easier if I wasn't who I am" Alex said softly.
"Of course it would" Liam replied, "You are a great prince Alex and you will find someone".
Alex sniffed "Duty before self will always be there Liam, can I chose that over love?".
"Alex!" Liam was breaking inside seeing Alex so upset that he hugged him harder.
Alex pulled away and stood up "I need to get today over with" he said grabbing his coat.

Liam walked over to Alex and for the first time he saw a steely determination in his eyes that was frightening, it was a look that told him Max was history and he was letting go. He hugged Alex hard offering the comfort and support he knew the prince needed right now, he didn't believe for one minute that Alex was over Max. Everything came down to the dangerous game that Alex has to play keeping his identity private that fell apart around him. Liam kept Alex close during the last morning of the casual chats at the conference, his outward exterior displayed the professional part of the prince. No one knew what the prince was going through then after the closing address from Lady Trasilion he made his farewells returning to his suite at the hotel. The entire afternoon and evening Alex spent locked in the bedroom sitting on the window seat watching every one who passed by the hotel, hoping and praying that Max was going to make an appearance. Every hour falling deeper in to a sad depressed state. Liam had spent several hours on the phone to the king explaining what had happened who was insisting he bring Alex home right now. Liam thought he had persuaded the king that the prince needed some time to heal. Shut away in his bedroom Alex gave instruction he was not to be disturbed under any circumstances until the morning when they were ready to leave.

The plane landed at 11pm just before night time curfew on flying hours at Heathrow, the embassy car whisked the king to central London with two police motorcyclist's clearing the way. Fortunately the king of Monrovia retained a close relationship with the British Royals who helped arrange his arrival at short notice. Artem and Liam were sat chatting when they say the flashing blue lights coming down the street.

"Oh hell!" Artem exclaimed standing up, "Monrovia embassy car" he said leaning further over.
Liam joined him "I think I know who is coming Artem, get dressed properly" he warned.
He knew it was the king and went over to the bedroom knocking "Alex the king is here" Liam said.
Alex opened the door looking at Liam "What?" he asked looking perplexed, "Why?".

Alex realised that Liam must have been talking to the king that afternoon. The doors to the royal suite opened and the king strode in looking anxious. Liam and Artem both bowed but the king went straight over to Alex standing at the door wearing only a t-shirt and underwear. Alex watched and broke down immediately at the relief of seeing his father, swept up in his fathers arms and taken inside Liam closed the doors to the bedroom to give them some privacy. 

"He is not alright is he?" Artem asked looking at Liam.
Liam put his arm around Artem "Trying to put on a brave face but he is breaking inside".
"Did you know the king was coming?" Artem asked looking at Liam who shook his head.
"No" Liam replied, "We talked this afternoon, he knows what Max means to his son".
Artem sat on the sofa "I thought we had got over all this renouncing the crown stuff".
"I don't think that will happen Artem" Liam said sitting next to him.
"I hope not, I really love working with you both" Artem replied trying to smile. 

It was in the early hours of the morning when the king finally appeared and told Artem and Liam to get some sleep as they were leaving at 5am for the airport and the flight back to Monrovia on the royal jet. At 4.30am the entourage of hotel butlers arrived to pack all their belongings and place in to the embassy car. Alex was dressed and ready when Artem knocked and Alex opened the door, red eyes and looking tired Alex walked past Artem and sat in the lounge staring into space not wanting to engage in any conversation, the king still dressed came out of the bathroom and walked in to the lounge. Alex said good bye to the hotel manager and head concierge then climbed in to the car with his father waiting for Artem and Liam. The car pulled away from the hotel towards Heathrow to take the prince home to Monrovia.

Alex slept leaning against his father for most of the flight. Refusing to eat as he had no appetite Artem went to the galley and made him a hot chocolate with loads of marshmallows just how the prince liked it. Artem place it on table in front of Alex who looked up and smiled 'Thanks Artem' he said then slowly Alex lifted the mug and smell of the chocolate hit his senses and a feint smile appeared on his face. The king smiled and nodded his thanks to Artem, it certainly meant a lot having people who knew his son inside out being around him right now. The king stood and walked towards the back of the private jet when Liam was sat and took the seat next to him.

"Again I owe you a debt of thanks Liam" the king said quietly.
Liam looked at the king "It is heart breaking watching him. They are so stupidly in love".
"I gather" the king replied, "Alex told me what you tried to do. What next?" he asked.
Liam shrugged "Give Max some time to come to terms with it then try again?" he suggested.
The king studied him carefully "Agreed, one more go at this then we put it to bed".
"Somehow Max will never be out of his mind" Liam said, the king knew the words were true.
"In January maybe you fly over and speak to this Max" the king suggested.
Liam nodded "If you wish your majesty. And don't' worry I will look after him" he said.
"Thank you Liam" the king spoke with sincere gratitude, "Keep him close and busy" he added.
Liam nodded and Artem reappeared as the king stood "Artem thank you so much" the king said.
Artem bowed "Your majesty, it is an privilege to look after him" he expressed sincerely.

Alex had never been so thankful to see the familiar buildings at Victoria airport as the plane taxied to the private terminal and the waiting royal car.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Confused 1

Faint heart never won fair Max. I know that The King and Liam will do everything in their power to to reunite the couple. I have a feeling that Max will open up to his parents and they will help him see sense and urge him to follow his heart. Who knows, perhaps David could be encouraged to open a branch of the gallery in Monrovia. Max would be the obvious choice to run it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billy88666 said:

Who knows, perhaps David could be encouraged to open a branch of the gallery in Monrovia. Max would be the obvious choice to run it.

Interesting suggestion! I was picturing Max being invited to become the Master of the Royal Art Collection, or some such title.

• Like 1

I'm sure Alex will find True Love with someone. Will it be Max? BUT, if he does, what about the other guys who have been enjoying his hot ass? Denying them access to his royal hole would be a crime against nature...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Part 28 - Sound Parental Advice

Max walked in to the family room having hardly slept at all, feeling exhausted having gone over and over in his head if he had been selfish making a very rash decision. The hardest part of it all was that had only just realised that he never gave Alex the opportunity to explain himself in more detail, he had only dipped a toe in and not really given Alex any chance at all. But his counter argument now was that Alex was royalty, he lived in Monrovia in a different world to Max meaning his life would have to be uprooted and turned inside out to be with him. He knew the two people he could truly rely on for logical advice were his parents. He sat there quietly opposite them staring in to his mug of coffee aware that his parents were looking at each other then at him. They knew something was wrong and guessed from the last time he looked that way it was to do with a man. The silence was killing him and he looked up at his parents and began to speak slowly, carefully and without giving too much aware Max explained that that a few days ago he came across the guy he met in Mauritius and that it unexpectantly had thrown him for six and not in happy way. To them it was all making more sense but Max alluded to disclosing his name or who he really was. His parents naturally like everyone were aware that royalty was present at the gallery evening and they were all looking for British royalty and failing to recognise Prince Alexander as he was dressed so casually. Max took Liam's word to heart about keeping it discreet so he kept the identity locked away. 

Max finished explaining and looked at them both "What do I do?" he asked needing advice.
Lawrence shook his head "Do you love him?" he asked trying to figure where his sons head was.
Max nodded "Never felt that way about any one" he replied, "But he lives in another country".
"And?" Lawrence interrupted him, "So what if he lives in another country?" he remarked.
Max sat there looking at his father "His whole life is very different. He says he loves me".
"I guess that means you turned down happiness?" his father asked.
His mother topped his coffee up "So you threw it away on what grounds?" she asked.
"What do you mean?" Max replied thanking her for the coffee.
Stephanie sat next to her son "Are you afraid of you moving or him moving here?" she asked.
Max shrugged "I would have to move there I suppose" he replied thinking about it logically.
"Can he not move here if he loves you?" Stephanie asked and putting her mug down.
"No. He has too much responsibilities where he lives" Max said being very evasive.
"Max do you love him as well?" his mother asked, "In your heart and head?" she clarified.
Max nodded "Yes, I have been in love with him since we met, he is so... charismatic and amazing".
"Why did you turn him down?" his father now asked looking sternly at him.
Max sat there looking at them both "I would lose who I am" he finally said.
"What do you mean?" Stephanie asked looking at her husband confused by Max's remark.
Max twisted his mug of coffee around "He is well known and I would sit in the background, a shadow".
"Sometimes Max you make no sense. But then love never does" Lawrence said waving his hand.
"I had to change to be with your father Max" his mother told him, "Calm my wild days down".
Max laughed "Yeah so father told me years ago, you were a party animal" he said smiling at last.
"Well... sort of" she replied, "I had to change my way of thinking about life Max, I grew up".
Lawrence nodded "And that is what finding love did for us both" he said affectionately.
Stephanie held Max's hand "Max if you really love him go and talk to him" she suggested.
Max cried out then nodded and stood up "Okay I will" he said kissing his parents.
"Max!" his mother called, "Nothing is written in stone as to who you are" she said.
Max nodded "Part of life is change, you adapt to be with the one you love" she added.
Lawrence chuckled "What path you take in life if the one you build in your own direction" he said.
"Okay stop the therapy now!" Max said laughing and putting his coat on.

Max chuckled and waved his hand, his parents and especially his mother always gave sound advice no matter what the situation was. In some ways it was plain silly what she said, yet the truth was in there and Max knew it. Deciding to walk to the hotel he wanted to make sure his head was clear and carefully thought out what he needed to say to Alex. In his mind he was playing over the words again and again until he arrived outside the front of the hotel. The doorman tipped his hat holding the door open for Max as he walked in to the interior that seemed very tranquil, a few people bustled around checking out and Max walked over to the reception desk.

"Good morning sir how may I assist you?" the receptionist asked politely.
"Morning, I would like to see Alex he is in 201" Max said nervously shuffling on the spot.
The receptionist looked at him "201?" she repeated quizzing him and he nodded.
"I am sorry sir but we are not permitted to allow visitors to the suites" she replied.
"Oh" Max said trying to think on his feet, "Could you call and tell them Max is here please?".
The receptionist studied him for a moment "Just a moment sir" she said walking off.
Max looked around the reception until she returned "I am sorry sir 201 checked out at 5am".
"He has left already?" Max asked in shock.
The receptionist nodded "Yes sir".

Max walked back outside the hotel cursing himself and looking up at the windows where the royal suite was situated. It had never crossed his mind that Alex would have been leaving but then this was not his home and would be returning to his life eventually. A life that freaked Max out beyond comprehension, at the same time he knew he would never find anyone like him, maybe never even love anyone like he did with Alex. The connection between them was so strong he thought, maybe that had complicated things resulting in their downfall. There was just too much at stake that left Max with a very real decision, albeit one that was already made for him, Alex had left the country without a word to Max, then again he owed Max nothing as it was he who walked away from Alex.

Arriving at the palace Alex went straight to the stables to go riding and try to clear his head of Max. He could never have foreseen bumping in to Max like that and fate playing such a cruel blow. There was one possible course of action that ran through his head, Felipe was single and seemed to like him and he knew all about Alex and his life. The Spanish actor certainly knew his way around the male body and Alex was very attracted to him. A few flakes of snow softly drifted downwards out of the sky, his hands were cold having been out for several hours riding around the Balenciaga palace grounds. Alex leaned forward and hugged Danbury his horse, even he seemed to know the prince was unhappy. Leaning up he steered Danbury towards the palace and stables taking a slow walk back, he knew from experience not to gallop when it was so cold and he was not wearing gloves which would end up numbing his fingers causing him to lose control. Turning in to the stable yard the snow was now falling steady and that eerie silence prevailed, the only sound was metal hoof hitting the cobbles of the yard. Marty appeared hearing Alex return and put on his thick coat before walking across to greet the prince.

"Come in to the warm your highness" Marty said putting Danbury in his stable.
Alex followed in to the stable office "Hot chocolate?" Marty asked holding a flask up.
"Please" Alex nodded thanking him, "Are you settled in here?" he asked.
Marty shrugged "I like Greenacres but yeah it is alright" he replied, "What about you?".
Alex sipped the hot chocolate immediately feeling its effect "What about me?" he asked.
"Want me to go over and teach that bloke a lesson?" Marty offered showing he knew everything.
Alex put the cup down "Does everyone know my life and the intimate details?" he asked.
Marty smirked "No, only those that need to know and care about you" he replied.
"And do you?" Alex asked taken back by what Marty had said.
"Dam right" Marty replied smiling, "I have your back Alex mark my words!" he said seriously.
"I should get back" Alex said standing looking like the world was ending.
Marty blocked the door "Not until you snap out of it you miserable sod!" he exclaimed loudly.
Alex shrugged not raising to the bait "So what if I am, I am allowed to be miserable" he replied.
Marty folded his arms standing his ground "Poor little prince that no one loves!" he mocked.
"Don't try me Marty I am not in the mood!" Alex replied raising his voice and loosing his temper.
Marty laughed "Or what?" he asked, "So full of your own self pity" he said with arrogance that grated on Alex.
Alex stared at him "You are crossing the line" he said boiling in rage, "Remember who you are...." he started saying.
"Oh no, you don't pull the royal thing on me" Marty replied cutting him off mid sentence and moving towards Alex.
"Walk away!" Alex commanded but Marty stood closer to Alex and wiped the tear from his cheek.
Marty glared at him "So what if this guy doesn't want to be in your life" he said.
Alex stared trying to fathom Marty out "He doesn't deserve you" Marty added.
"And how would you know?" Alex replied his patience being tested again.
"Prince Alexander the poor little prince desperate for love!" Marty mocked Alex again.
"Stop it, please" Alex said reigning in his anger at Marty or was it Max, he couldn't think.
"No" Marty replied, "Alex you are one hell of a catch, you need to realise that" he said softly.
Alex shook his head "You don't understand Marty, I can't just have anyone" he replied defeated.
"What makes you think you could have him then?" Marty now asked.
Alex lowered his eyes staying silent for a moment "I fell in love with him Marty, plain and simple".
Marty shook his head "Love!" he exclaimed laughing, "Seriously get over it you royal knob".
Alex couldn't hold back and launched himself at Marty "I am a fucking prince!" he said angrily.
"Then fucking act like one!" Marty shouted at him grabbing Alex before he could strike out.

Marty held on tightly to Alex pinning his arms by his side to prevent him from lashing out but letting Alex continue with his verbal anger, Marty heard all the profanities coming out of the prince turning the air blue from his barrage of words. Breaking down in fits of sobs that heaved from his heart, Marty held him tighter allowing Alex to get it out of his body. Eventually Alex stopped and rested his head against Marty's shoulder then slowly he felt the arms around him soften in to a comforting hug. This was one brave person who spoke to him in this manner completely disregarding who he was when they were alone together. 

Alex looked up at him "Thank you Marty" he said softly, "Sorry I went for you".
Marty laughed "I can handle you make no mistake" he replied.
Alex smiled freeing himself from the hug "You and I are not over yet" he said half smiling.
Marty stood there smiling "Your highness you forget that I dictate the terms of us!".

Marty was like a drug the doctor prescribed and a breath of fresh air that made Alex laugh through his unhappy state, surprised by his action as Marty pulled the prince back in to his arms and kissed him. Sex was the last thing on his mind right now, he could sense that Marty was not about to take no for an answer and his instinct was correct. Marty pushed Alex down on his knees and quickly pulled down his winter breeches and flopping his already semi hard cock out in front of Alex's face.

"Don't just look at it!" Marty demanded, "Apologise properly" he said smirking.
Alex teasingly looked up "And if I don't?" he asked.
Marty smiled "Then the riding crop comes out and I fuck you in the stable yard in the snow!".
"You wouldn't dare!" Alex replied smiling up at him.
Marty rubbed Alex on the head "Never dare me to do anything Alex" he replied softly then moaned.
Alex slipped his mouth around Marty's cock "Oh god yes" Marty said, his deep tone resonating.

Alex moved his mouth downwards and already the cock was stiffening very rapidly, it was a taste of someone who had been working hard with not time to shower. In no way was it unpleasant and Alex found himself turned on even more by the manly smell and taste, his head now held firmly by Marty's hands guiding him to expertly work on his cock. Steadily with no breaks Alex applied gentle pressure to make it last as long as possible. Marty moaned and looked out of the office window at the snow falling thick and fast, his hips gently thrusting forward in small delicate movements savouring the warmth of the prince's mouth pleasuring him. He was getting close and could already feel his precum oozing out. Quick he moved back and dragged Alex up to his feet spinning him around effortlessly then pushing him over the desk, his hand slipped inside the prince's breeches swiftly moving them down exposing the royal arse. He leant over Alex holding his shoulders down and wriggling his cock until it slipped between the arse cheeks nudging hard at Alex's hole. Alex raised his head 'Please' he pleaded to Marty who pushed the head in to Alex making him gasp and wriggle at the sudden pain and intrusion, Marty made one sweeping movement that was fast and constant until he was balls deep inside. Keeping Alex held down he went straight in to deep rapid thrusts that lasted less than half a minute before he pushed his entire body weight upwards, he moaned loudly collapsing his head on Alex's shoulder his arse clenched hard jamming his cock in deep whilst his balls emptied themselves in to the prince. Alex couldn't move his body with Marty's weight bearing down on him 'God yes!' Alex finally managed to say finding his voice. He was loving the warmth of Marty's body being pressed up so close to his making him smile and enjoy their quick animalistic sex. Marty finished gasping and moaning keeping the prince impaled on his cock he leaned forward kissing him passionately.

"Never forget I own you Prince Alexander" Marty whispered in his ear and licked it gently.
Alex moaned feeling the cock wriggling inside his arse "We need each other" Marty said.
Alex turned his head facing Marty and kissed him "Thank you" he said staring at him.

Marty shifted his weight slowly extracting his cock then Alex felt the weight lifting off his back. Marty pulled Alex's breeches back up and slapped him on the arse for good measure. Alex chuckled and turned around and jumped up sitting on the desk, his eyes almost glazed over from a delirious sexual satisfaction. The sex was not the same as it had been with Max yet Marty went at sex with a purpose and it gave Alex a completely different satisfying sensation.

"I am finished with you. You can go now" Marty said with an arrogant grin on his face.
Alex stood there chuckling "And what have you done to poor Tom the footman?" he asked.
Marty grinned "I needed to replace Francis now Jackson has taken him away" he replied.
"Go careful with him" Alex advised with a cautious tone.
"You have to be kidding me?" Marty turned facing Alex with a shocked look.
Alex looked confusingly at him "He is a monster and sex maniac" Marty added, "Worse than you!".
Alex swung his legs smiling "Still you got way too much satisfaction from me" he said.
Marty winked at him "So did you!" he replied, "You can trust me if you need to talk" he said.
Alex smiled "Is this you being all friendly now you have had your way with me?" he asked.

Marty smiled and grabbed Alex's legs moving between them and holding him a strong comforting hug, they kissed a little sensually than usual for a good fifteen minutes before Marty allowed Alex to leave. He walked along the driveway back to the palace. A thick coating of snow already covered the grounds as far as the eye could see and darkness was closing in fast. Looking down past the ornate gates leading to the real world the Christmas lights were all shining brightly along the boulevard. Alex needed to get his shit together as this was their busy time of year attending gala shows and appearances then the annual religious service Wednesday afternoon before the Royal Christmas Ball the night before Christmas Eve. Part of him was still fighting the sadness yet he was feeling a lot happier, his choice of people to keep close to him was proving to be his best decision, not just sexually wise in some cases but they were proving to be people he could rely on. Marty had no airs and graces when it came to taking Alex, part of that is what helped Alex immensely. Right now he decided that there was no room for anyone romantic in his life, he would make do with what he had on hand and it helped knowing that Marty could never pass up the opportunity for sex with Alex. The palace was coming to life with Christmas lights already adorning the front doors and the two large trees were now brightly illuminated. A few days later Alex smiled to himself for the first time walking around the decorated palace. Tonight he was attending a gala dinner hosted by the governor premier and his husband for 20 of the LGBT leaders in industry from across Europe, it was a formal dinner so Alex would be dressed in his royal tunic as the guest of honour. He understood enough to know that his presence was to aid the drumming up of business.

Artem finished dressing the prince placing the purple sash on the tunic "You look happy" he said.
Alex smiled "I am moving on Artem" he replied, Artem curiously looked at him unconvinced.
"Forgetting about him" Alex added, "No point dwelling, it is over and that is that".
Artem stood back "If you think that is the right decision" he accidentally said, "Sorry".
"I trust you to speak your mind Artem" Alex said quickly, "I think it is for the best".
Alex looked at Artem who shrugged then glanced at him "There you go, all handsome and ready".
"You don't think its over?" Alex asked taken back by the way Artem had shrugged.
Thank full Liam walked in "Ready your highness?" he asked bowing his head.
Alex nodded "Yes" he replied glancing at Liam and smirking, "He looks tasty tonight" he remarked.
Artem chuckled "I know not to make a comment over that remark" he said smiling at Liam.
"Behave you two" Liam replied staring at Alex happily seeing him look cheerful at last.

The royal car arrived at the governor's mansion and Alex stepped out of the car and followed the butler in to the mansion towards the reception room, he could already hear the loud talking as he stood outside the doors before they opened. Liam left Alex's side and slipped in to the reception room standing guard 'His Royal Highness Prince Alexander' the master of ceremony called out of the room who all stood silent and parted as Alex entered the room. It was always one of those weird feelings when all eyes were on him that he found a little disturbing then the room burst in to applause which was so unexpected, it had certainly never happened before. Steven made his way over and bowed his head 'Your royal highness' he said, and the room magically went back to normal with Steven taking Alex around and introducing him to several carefully chosen people. Finally Steven introduced a young man called Josh as the chief executive of a fashion retailer called Frankly Fashion, it was no random introduction but carefully staged by Steven to see if they hit it off. Standing the same height and build as the prince, Josh was 24 and already had expanded his retail business in to five stores with two of them in neighbouring countries, his dark hair and eyes along with his subtle Eastern European looks turned heads all over the place, that and his low to high end fashion reach was why he had become successful in his own right but yet to achieve real designer status. It was a meeting that yielded no interest for Alex to start with although he did find Josh to be attractive, in many ways he reminded him of Marty with his straight talking attitude. When they took their seats for dinner Alex began to be suspicious since he was sat next to Josh on his left and Steven on his right who kept Josh in on their conversations throughout the entire meal. Alex kept glancing over at Stevens's husband Brad who was pretending, albeit very badly, that he was unaware of what was going on. It was only when Alex sat back and folded his arms staring at Brad that his face twitched trying not to smile and Alex shook his head slowly. Josh on the other hand had no clue that he had been set up to sit with the prince and was finding the situation awkward not knowing what the protocol was or if he should engage in open conversation. Steven and Alex rose from the table and all the guests moved back in to the reception room, Alex spotted Josh who seemed to be relieved fingering his collar as Steven approached Alex handing him a glass of champagne.

"I hope you enjoyed dinner your highness. You will stay longer" Steven asked.
Alex half smiled and leaned in "I know what you are doing your husband gave it away".
Steven smiled "I have no idea what you are referring to Alex" he replied going casual with Alex.
"Cut the crap Steven" Alex replied smiling at other guests, "Trying to hook me up... Please!".
Steven chuckled "He is single and worthy of you" he remarked clinking their glasses together.
"I feel sorry for him, he had no idea how to behave" Alex said taking a sip of champagne.
"So talk to him" Steven replied, "He can be trusted and he knows your position".
Alex looked at the glass in his hand "Who told you about what happened in London?" he asked.
"The king" Steven replied glancing at Alex, "I am sorry it didn't work out".
Alex smiled at another guest "He was the one, I felt it, there was a spark, something I cant' describe" he said.
Steven turned to him "Then I am surprised you gave in without a fight Alex" he said quietly.
"My life is not what he wanted, simple as that" Alex said sadly, "Enough about him" he stated.

His eyes followed Josh around the room whom still seemed to be a little on edge, the more he watched he could see a confident man when talking to other guests and mingling around. Alex twiddled with his glass of champagne then excused himself to get a glass of sparkling water from the little makeshift bar in the reception room. He certainly didn't have any romantic or sexual feeling towards Josh, their conversation at dinner had been good once Josh got his awkwardness out of the way and relaxed. Standing at the bar waiting for his drink and out of the corner of his eye he saw Josh approach ordering another water.

"Your royal highness" Josh said nervously bowing and acknowledging the prince was standing there.
"Hello again Josh" Alex said smiling, "Did I freak you out at dinner?" he asked trying to break the ice.
Josh nervously smiled "Well... yes your royal highness. I didn't expect to be sat next to you".
Alex leaned against the bar "Why?" he asked taking a refreshing gulp of water.
"Oh!" Josh replied unsure what to say, "It is... well you are royal" he said.
Alex chuckled "Don't I know it! It is just the dress and title Josh" he said quietly, "I am a real person".
Josh laughed feeling more at ease "I couldn't eat much sitting next to you and I am starving now".
Alex now laughed "You want to get out of here get you some food then?" he asked.
Josh looked a little surprised "What with you?" he asked then apologised, "I mean thank you".
"Come on then" Alex said then stopped, "Ah! my protection officer will be joining us" he explained.
Josh nodded "Is that a royal thing then?" he asked.
Alex chuckled "Yes, royal protocol. He is by my side all the time" he said studying Josh's reaction.
"Okay. Does he try everything you eat first?" Josh asked completely innocently.
"No!" Alex laughed, "That only happens in films" he said as they approached Steven who smiled way to broadly.
"Your highness" Steven said bowing his head, "Josh. Are you both having a good time?" he asked.
"Maybe" Alex replied smirking at him, "Josh is hungry so we are taking our leave".
Steven smiled and bowed his head "Please let me walk you both out" he said.

Josh still fumbled around nervously as they walked towards the reception room door noticing quite a few looks from the other guests. Passing through the doors Liam quickly walked in their direction and summoned the royal car on his mobile. Anxious to find out who the other person was with his prince and the governor premier he slowed down assessing the young man. Josh noticed the buff looking man and guessed straight away he was the prince's protection officer, it did nothing to help his nerves now seeing the strikingly handsome man now standing in front of them bowing his head towards the prince.

"Liam this is Josh" Alex said introducing them, "I am taking Josh out for dinner" he added.
"Of course your highness" Liam replied bowing his head again, "The car is just arriving".
"Nice to meet you" Josh said holding his hand out and smiling nervously.
Liam looked at his hand "Likewise" he replied shaking his hand tightly so he knew who was in charge.

They stepped outside after putting their coats on as snow was lightly falling from the night sky. Liam opened the passenger door and Alex stepped in to the royal car. Josh had to double take this was really happening then tried to get in but Liam put his arm across indicating for him to get in the other side and giving him a glare as only Liam could. He closed the door and walked around with Josh to the other side then grabbed his arm lightly.

"Just so we are clear, I protect the prince" Liam said making sure Josh understood.
Josh nodded "I don't really know what is happening" he said nervously and slightly afraid of Liam.
Liam smirked "Act cool, and be very, and I mean very, discreet about the whole thing".
"Thanks and I will" Josh said as Liam let go of his arm and opened the other passenger door.

He took his seat and watched Liam close the door and get in the front passenger seat as the car pulled away. Liam spoke to the driver who nodded and drove off to the exclusive and discreet restaurant.

"Stop being nervous" Alex said glancing at Josh.
Josh nodded "Sorry I never expected anything like this to happen tonight" he replied.
Alex smiled "I have a suspicion we have both been set up" he said looking at Josh.
"By whom?" Josh asked figuring out for himself already that something was going on.
"The governor" Alex replied, "I expect his husband Brad had something to do with it as well".
"Why am I not surprised! Josh exclaimed, "They have been trying to get me to date someone for several months".
Alex studied him a moment "How come you don't have a boyfriend then?" he asked straight out.
Josh grinned "Probably because I am shy and not willing to make a move on a man" he replied.
"Really?" Alex asked looking at him, "You are handsome, confident and sexy looking. You have it all!".
Josh laughed how Alex was so upfront with him "Right back at you!" he said, "And you?".
"Ah! Well long story but lets just say royal life is not what some people desire" Alex said sadly.
Josh shook his head "Your life is amazing Alex, someone will realise that and love you".

Alex looked at him and they both laughed at their situation. Josh relaxed as best he could unable to believe he was sat next to the most eligible gay man in Europe, actually probably the world he thought stealing a glance at Alex. Being set up like they had was funny Josh thought yet he wasn't sure if there was any feelings there and certainly no instant attraction. To him the prince was quite sane and normal which he thought was good, Josh though liked unpredictable and someone who took the lead. He was far from being a submissive sexual partner, it was just his nature and wanted someone to love in a happy relaxed way that also was very opinionated and forged their way in life. There was one thing clearly happening whilst they ate dinner, a friendship that seemed to blossom out of nowhere and he was unable to bring himself to ask how the prince felt.

Sat partly in darkness in the kitchen Max was coming to terms with his bad decision. He needed a night out away from anything gay and he knew just the person to call who lived a few streets away. Lizzie had been his best friend at school, she was extremely well spoken and socialised in the upper etchings of society, discreet and always respectably behaved she was from that they called old money in society. A family of a lower nobility class that went back several generations, yet Lizzie was so down to earth and grounded and always a good friend to confide in. Max remembered his promise to Liam about being discreet when it came to Alex and he certainly didn't want to rock any boats keeping to his promise to the protection officer. He went through his phone to call Lizzie who he hadn't seen for nearly six months as she had been travelling. He suddenly looked at her contact details and scratched his head, her details showed as Lizzie Trasilion, it can't be he suddenly thought. All these years Max had known her he never wondered if Lizzie was Lady Trasilion's daughter. Lizzie arrived with a bottle of wine and they sat in Max's bedroom where the truth came out, it was like the whole Alex episode again was being relived. But again it was something Max found out by only asking, she never lied about anything and was quite open telling him all about her parents and mother with her charitable work. It became evident to Max that deceit was only a word he was using and thinking when in fact it was completely the opposite. She had never once in their years dropped anything about her parents and was the absolute soul of discretion around her family. Max felt like at least he could talk to her and they both knew it would go no further than his bedroom. She was quite astounded as Max opened up about meeting the prince and their steamy night in the hotels royal suite.

"Wow Max!" Lizzie said lost for words, "You have changed" she said sitting their assessing him.
"In what way?" Max asked curiously and unsure what she meant.
"Your face lit up talking about him. I have never seen that before" Lizzie explained.
Max downed his glass of wine "Steady Max, don't result to drinking like that" she chuckled.
"It has been so weird Lizzie, I love the guy but I am so unsure" Max said grabbing some water.
"It is obvious Max, you need to go after him. Put down some rules though!" she said smiling.
Max laughed "Seriously you think I would be able to put down some rules with royalty!".

Astute and discreet enough to never reveal much about her mothers diary, she had to bite her tongue from telling Max that her parents and she were invited to the Royal Christmas Ball in Monrovia in a few weeks time as guests of the prince. She didn't know him personally and her mother always ranted on about how lovely and genuine he was. Lizzie could tell Max was in a complicated confused state and didn't know where to turn, knowing her mother was quite close to the prince she was mulling over weather to say something to her. By the time she left Lizzie decided to keep quiet until she saw this prince for herself and would assess his suitability, then if she thought Max was wrong about letting him go she would intervene.

• Like 12

Too little, too late -- oh, Max, get your head together! And now Steven is trying to set Alex up. Sounds like the Christmas Ball  might be a very interesting evening, especially if Lizzie decides to have a word or two with Alex.

Edited by daddybear54
Second thoughts.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@bottombehr

that was what I was thinking as I was nearing the end.  That Lizzie would suggest he take her to the ball.  But then the last few sentences dashed that thought.

I wonder if at the ball Lizzie meets the prince and then see him with another and it gets more complicated.  Maybe Liam or even the King will intervene with Lady Trasilion’s help.  Oh the many paths.

• Like 4