Ageing on Sex Clubs

Scottyrim

I'm in my 50s now, but haven't noticed it being that bad.  The worst thing for my sex life was a move I made in my middle 30s, I moved from a city where no strings sex could be easily had at sex clubs, parks, tea rooms and etc. to a city where you can spend your at one of those places without seeing or hearing anyone hookup.  Until COVID hit my job involved a lot of travel and I was able to relieve my tensions on a regular basis.  I did enjoy the pent up demand when one of our sex clubs opened back up here, but last night things seemed to have returned to their no fuck normal. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Muscledadbod said:

These young guys need to learn about "old man karma" and pull down their pants for daddy every now and then. The more they do, the more the younger guys will do for them when they get older. I used to always let grandpas suck me off when I was young. I get some hot young guys every now and then because of that.

You speak of “old man karma” as if it were Social Security. There’s no evidence or guarantee that you get back from “old man karma” in equal measure to what you put in (indeed, for upcoming generations that may well be true for Social Security as well). In fact, if there were, we probably wouldn’t be engaged in this discussion because the custom would have become ingrained into our culture. It hasn’t.

”Service me because you’ll wish someone would service you when you’re in my predicament” is poor persuasion; it offers no benefit to the young person other than a fuzzy sort of hedge against a future that seems a very long way off, and he probably figures that if guys in the future are anything like they are now, him doing you at this moment is going to get him exactly bupkiss from some young hardbody in thirty years.

I’m 54. I don’t have a thing going for me in the looks department - never have - except maybe a full head of hair, and that’s going gray. Time has not been kind, and I show the lines of hard life that a little moisturizing will do fuck-all to fix. I’m under zero delusions that when I go to the bathhouse anybody is going to drool over me (well, some do, but not the kind you want, the way you want... I’ll say no more). More walk right by my open door than walk in it. Of course they do. I’m not the freshest fruit on the fruit stand.

And if I set my goals very narrowly, if I let my expectations exceed reason, if I entertained fantasies about myself or other men not grounded in reality, if I believed I was entitled to anything from anyone in such a setting, the fact of my age, appearance and condition compared to the young and sexually prime could be a problem.

I don’t, and it’s not. I get fucked rather frequently, by a wide variety of men, of all ages (from my personal threshold of mid-20s up) because I simply don’t care what someone thinks of me. A man either wants to fuck me, or he doesn’t - my equation doesn’t get any more complicated than that. If he wants to fuck me, he gets to fuck me. Simple. No negotiation, no posturing, no valuation on my part. Any valuation on his part is mostly done and over with by the time he approaches me, and if it’s negative I usually never have to know about it.

The reason this works for me is that I don’t go out searching. I don’t cruise. I station myself, advertise, and let them come to me if they’re interested. That’s half the battle right there - I’m not wasting time on those who never had any interest in my ‘old man karma’ to begin with. And I’m not sure a 70-year-old man fucking me would give me that much old man credit anyway.

I do think that simply throwing myself out there and clearly not giving a shit about appearances does grant me a certain benefit - many people interpret it as confidence, and evidently confidence attracts some people. At the very least, I get an unusual number of requests from first-timers to explain how things work in a bathhouse, even though, since I’m buck-naked, I’m clearly not a member of the staff.

So I wouldn’t put any great hope in the notion that persuading young men to give it up will pay dividends to them in later years - there’s simply no causal relationship. Perhaps the solution is to look for ways inside ourselves to display attributes of us that young men may admire - beyond what the eye simply beholds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ErosWired said:

You speak of “old man karma” as if it were Social Security. There’s no evidence or guarantee that you get back from “old man karma” in equal measure to what you put in (indeed, for upcoming generations that may well be true for Social Security as well). In fact, if there were, we probably wouldn’t be engaged in this discussion because the custom would have become ingrained into our culture. It hasn’t.

And there's no evidence or guarantee that you won't get it. It's similar to having faith. You believe something without seeing it.

I'm not reading the rest of your essay, so can't comment on it.

Edited by Muscledadbod

I don't have a problem with older guys. What i have a problem with is older guys who try to fool themselves into think they're still in their 20's and still as hot as they used to be. I see more of them striking out than the guys who accept themselves as they are. You can botox your face but you're still going to look the same age "with a botox face". The same with telling plastic surgery. All it looks like is someone older trying to pull off someone younger. You're not fooling anyone but yourself. The most attractive older guys to me are the guys who are living their age, not trying to live as if they're years younger when they're really not.

And if you're using meth in your 50's and 60's, that's not hot, that's just a problem, and not an attractive problem.

Edited by Close2MyBro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

I don't have a problem with older guys. What i have a problem with is older guys who try to fool themselves into think they're still in their 20's and still as hot as they used to be. I see more of them striking out than the guys who accept themselves as they are. You can botox your face but you're still going to look the same age "with a botox face". The same with telling plastic surgery. All it looks like is someone older trying to pull off someone younger. You're not fooling anyone but yourself. The most attractive older guys to me are the guys who are living their age, not trying to live as if they're years younger when they're really not.

And if you're using meth in your 50's and 60's, that's not hot, that's just a problem, and not an attractive problem.

^^^^Spot on..

I am just myself, 50s, Dadbod, average, TBH, I cannot say had major issues getting dick. I kinda like honest guys, hate stroppy attitued guys. But on the hole, I cant complain, Darkrooms are a great place too.

Remember, we all get there at some point in life. Confidence and sexual experience, personality gets dick.

• Like 3
  • Piggy 1

23 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

Agree with all of your post except that meth is not an attractive problem at any age. Meth heads don't get a pass because they're young and (imagine themselves) pretty. They're still a mess.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, poztwinksrhot said:

I've been partnered and monogamous long enough that I haven't had to go through those changes, but it wouldn't surprise me.  When I was young, 'old' was always about three years older than I was at the time - until I started getting around 25, when 'old' stalled out at around that number.  I'm now in my 50s and it's been a decade or two since I would be boned about fucking myself.  Some guys are just like that. 

There are also young guys who love (or at least are ok with) older guys, and that makes me happy, even if I'm not out there hunting them down IRL.  However, my last experience before becoming permanently-partnered was with a twink who I later found was just looking for someone with a checkbook.  That gave me a decidedly bad taste in my mouth, so be wary of those, unless you've got more money than you need, and don't mind giving it away.

The key is for the two types of guys to find each other.  That isn't always the easiest thing, especially if you're in a small group of people like a particular sex club on a Wednesday night, or the back rooms of an adult book store (if those things even still exist).  Online is probably the best way to go these days I expect.

well written reply!Choices made online as far as whom to contact about a sexual interaction are far different from choices made in the company of friends at the baths.:)

No diss to the OP or any comments on here, just my observations: 

I contact a lot of 50 year old guys online, with 50/50 response rate. As much as I see complaining, you are STILL holding out for those unicorns.

Let’s just just keep it real. Alot of gays are still stuck up and snobby, but as 50+ comes, less and less care. As age goes up, others tolerance for your attitude and games goes down.

That semi cute guy who was 20 when you were 40 and you thought you were too hot for is no longer interested, and your mad about it. Do you want to fuck him now? No, but you just want the psychological benefit of knowing you can still get attention.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 2:38 PM, NastyRigPig said:

The joke I make is I’m too old to be a bottom so I have to call myself versatile now.  At the sex clubs/baths I make certain I have some sex toys with me for when the pickings are slim, and if you are willing to share favors with you you can find willing partners.  Strange how that happens. 

Laughing at your comment on sharing favors - LOL!   So right!   But, I also bring a bag o' toys for those downtimes.  i've enticed a few into my room after they watch me playing with some XXL dildos, either to take over at the other end of the dildo, or to progress to a fist!  sometimes, presenting yourself as a sexually active pig gets past the "age thing."