Reading Men’s Bio on Grindr

Philip

12 minutes ago, Ponystallion said:

I find it difficult to even deal with Grindr, but then again it’s not for me.

Tell us more about that, if you would like to share.

Hot BZ profile pics, by the way!

15 hours ago, fskn said:

Love the Peter Pan description! Seems just like goods at the supermarket, always priced at 99¢ instead of $1, possibly with quality to match. What do people expect for 99¢? 😂 

Age psychology, like pricing psychology, is a real thing. It's pretty interesting seeing how differently people react to you once they know how old you are, vs just having seen your pics. From a purely marketing point of view, I completely understand why some men might fudge their age down a little. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackDude said:

Believe it or not, alot people use grindr not too hook up, but to boost their ego. They get off and feel a sense of superiority rejecting men. 

I'm sure that exists. But I'm not so sure "superiority rejecting men" is all that common a motivation. Rather, I suspect a lot of guys on there are looking for stimulation for their masturbatory fantasies and so have no intent to actually meet. I don't think most of those guys are sitting back feeling superior at all. I think they figure they're not likely to succeed in person, and so limiting interactions to the virtual world in turn limits the rejection. 

• Upvote 2

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck

When I was on Grindr (been a year since I ditched it), I wrote a fairly comprehensive bio and always used to read the bio’s on profiles that had them in order to determine whether or not to message them. I tended to find those that put some effort into their bio were less likely to be flakes.

What I found really frustrating was when some of those same people with bio’s would message and ask me questions which were already answered in my bio, so they hadn’t even looked (and admitted it when asked), yet if I then asked them something they’d say “it’s on my bio”, expecting me to remember it verbatim.

For me, the worst thing Grindr did was introduce tracks, so people could see who checked them out. A number of people messaged me saying “not interested” when I had no intention of messaging them in the first place, so I would simply reply “that’s fine, neither am I”.

In the end my main reason for ditching it was the flakes, the stalkers and those who were generally just plain nasty (had several message looking to hookup and when I declined decide to call me an ugly fucker - so why message in the first place? And had one turn around and say he hopes I got AIDS and died).

I tend to now refer to Grindr as the antisocial network and am glad to be rid of it.

41 minutes ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

A number of people messaged me saying “not interested” when I had no intention of messaging them in the first place, so I would simply reply “that’s fine, neither am I”

I've rarely had call to respond to something unprovoked like that, but I think my variant would be "I wasn't planning on asking you, but if your need to reject is so great you have to pre-emptively do it to people who have no interest in you, be my guest."

14 hours ago, BlackDude said:

Believe it or not, alot people use grindr not too hook up, but to boost their ego. They get off and feel a sense of superiority rejecting men. 

Isn't that the purpose of social platforms?

Oh, and make $ off us. Not that Grindr has convinced me to pay them but I'm sure they've sold targetted ads to their 3rd parties.

Last night I was on Grindr. In spite of my stated interest of 50+ bears, I get a 20 year old twink asking if I'll pay him to blow me. I gave him the the same respect he gave me and replied "LOL fuck off" then blocked him.

Reading comprehension is a skill. I may give someone a compliment if I find him handsome and I know we're not compatible in our interests. I never expect a response.

But come correct. Read what I wrote. It's there for a reason.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bearseeder said:

Last night I was on Grindr. In spite of my stated interest of 50+ bears, I get a 20 year old twink asking if I'll pay him to blow me. I gave him the the same respect he gave me and replied "LOL fuck off" then blocked him.

To be fair, that’s not unique to Grindr but is probably worse there than anywhere else. 

I had it about 7 or 8 years ago. I rapidly had about a dozen offers. all the offers were for chems, but nobody to do anything with. I binned it within an hour.

There is a lot of spam on grindr just now, which I hate. I report and block them, but they find ways of coming back.

I say exactly what I am looking for. I am not there to chat - endlessly. I just want a meet.

• Like 1