RIP craigslist m4m

Yes

guys, I fucking miss craigslist m4m. I know it has been gone a long time now, apparently killed by sesta-fosta (though they were pretty quick on letting the hammer fall... I have always wondered what is the real story).

m4m was so great for me because it was pursued by a wide range of people unlike the apps that all have their little "niche". you didn't need to install anything or even make an account to answer postings, you could just visit the page whenever you felt like it. I think a lot of people would check it once in a while giving it a way huger reach. craigslist was famous of course. there is no hookup app that soooo many people know about. and you have to install apps, which sucks. with m4m there was no tracking, no ads, no premium features for sale.

I loved making postings because I could say what I wanted NOW or THIS WEEK instead of making a profile that is more general. Or if you were looking for something very specific that requires a very special person to fulfill (like sometimes I am) you can put up a posting with a lot of keywords and people who search for those things will email you over the next month or 2 til it expired. But you don't need to be constantly running some app on your phone for that. And if you want you can put up more than 1 at the same time. And of course you can also put up a general posting for yourself of what you are generally looking for, people will also message you for a while afterwards depending how you construct it.

They were so free form; you could put a lot of pictures or none; a lot of words or none. Apps are mostly encouraging lots of pictures, not much words. and maybe fill their fields like "height" "race" etc.

Email responses tended to be more focused and as a person who doesn't like chat pals, the tedious small talk back and forth is avoided. People do not expect to be responded to right away when they send you a message. Unless you are trying to arrange something for today.

basically every time I made a posting, if I made the time to monitor the email, I would find what I was looking for. Most times I got way more great responses than I even had time to chase up.  Even if it was fairly specific I got at least some. and I met cool, diverse people there. Cool diverse people with beautiful hard cocks. Best kind.

Postings. To me way better than chat. Sometimes I look in the old magazines and papers, read the classifieds and think, who might I respond to....

Anybody else? What do you guys think of cl m4m? Better off gone? Replaced by something better? Or like me does a stark white background with times new roman text make you a bit hot?

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Yes said:

guys, I fucking miss craigslist m4m. I know it has been gone a long time now, apparently killed by sesta-fosta (though they were pretty quick on letting the hammer fall... I have always wondered what is the real story).

You're correct that it was killed by FOSTA-SESTA (the actual acronym of the act). They were pretty quick on killing it because their lawyers understood the enormous risks they'd be taking under the law. In fact, CraigsList sex ads were one of the acknowledged primary targets of the campaign to push the two bills that became this law. If I were their lawyer, I'd have strongly recommended pulling the sections immediately upon the bill's enactment as well.

• Upvote 1

I agree, CL was the best. You could find most anything. You can still post on it in some areas but you need to be very vague. 

Double list  screens some of the adds.. I am not sure how they do this because I have had adds rejected for one reason or another. I have looked and noticed that in some areas the women can show full nudes, the language can have most of the 4 letter words also. In my area you get rejected in a moment if you try that. 

Didn't want to make this a gripe session, Like everyone else, I miss CL and wish there was a replacement for it

Craigslist m4m was such an impactful part of my sexual blossoming once I moved to a big city. I was still “in the closet” in regards to being an absolute dirty pig boy. I didn’t want to go out looking for a hook up with my friends at the clubs or bars because they were ultimately just filled with younger pretty boys. I wanted to be fucked by dirty old men and blow random strangers in alleyways. CL gave me the opportunity to anonymously put myself out there as a hole for daddy/grandpa cock. 

Plus I could put an Ad up before work and just casually check my email throughout the day to see who wanted to fuck me afterwards. I’m on double list and have had a few good hookups but it just doesn’t feel the same 😕

• Thanks 1

At least through Craigslist I got a few hits every now and again. The newcomer to take its place - Doublelist - is a total joke! Every serious M4M poster from Craigslist clearly left or went elsewhere. Meanwhile all the pic hunters and screen jerkers moved to Doublelist. Not a single piece of action from there in 2 years. Pathetic! I am so grateful for a chance encounter at a local truck stop and the subsequent list of reliable married bisexual truckers who are seeding me nightly. Up to 7 regular men now know they can text me and get me - usually in a few hours or we have to set something up for a different day when they're headed through. I keep hearing Grindr is the best way to go, but right now I'm satisfied with my truckers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Doublelist is a poor replacement - while I can often rely on a Doublelist ad turning up some action, actually getting the add successfully posted is akin to trying to launch a space shuttle. The image and language restrictions on the ads are so opaque and byzantine that you never know if you’re going to pass muster until your ad is rejected - and you’re not told why - assuming it gets processed in a timely manner at all. I’ve set ads for an evening only to see them finally pop up as I’m packing to leave the next morning. It’s a crap shoot.

CL was reliable. I hold out hope that one day the pendulum will swing back (pendulums always swing back) and we’ll be able to reach out to each other again in with CL grace and freedom.

Remember - it matters who you vote for.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

So nice to hear of others who had similar experiences to me and know what I'm on about.

@Sub-Cocksucker love your avatar I have the source image and actually printed it and framed it many years ago.  I wonder what is the source? Do you know by some chance?