Hook up sites like Recon and Adam4 Adam

BearPleaser

On 4/4/2022 at 10:59 AM, badubydo said:

Never tried Recon/never heard of it. 

adam4adam is bots, people who can’t read and immature fuckers who get butthurt because you don’t want to fuck them. 

I’ve had like 2 successful meet ups on adam4adam. I’ve quit using it. 

It's interesting you had little success on a4a, I guess it depends on your location.   I have had great luck on it, at least in my area.  Recon is, I believe, primarily used in Europe, or has a large European membership.  It also charges you, at least it did when I looked into it.  A4A is at least free, and Barebackrt is also a site that is also party friendly, with guys slightly older and the members are more serious about hooking up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ellentonboy said:

Recon is, I believe, primarily used in Europe, or has a large European membership

ReCon started out as World Leather Men years ago.  Yes, there is substantial European membership, since there is still a base of men who experience that need for the stability, membership in a special group, and hold the Leather Ethic in high regard.  Even today, I am still in contact with friends in the US and Europe I made via ReCon many years ago.  Now, that site too has branched out into a number of areas, but it's roots are in the Leather Community, 

In the event you'd like to know more, you may ask, and I will respond.

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

ReCon started out as World Leather Men years ago.  Yes, there is substantial European membership, since there is still a base of men who experience that need for the stability, membership in a special group, and hold the Leather Ethic in high regard.  Even today, I am still in contact with friends in the US and Europe I made via ReCon many years ago.  Now, that site too has branched out into a number of areas, but it's roots are in the Leather Community, 

In the event you'd like to know more, you may ask, and I will respond.

It not only has a substantial European membership, but the company itself is based in Europe. Or at least, across the Atlantic from the U.S. - I am not sure where "headquarters" is for them, but I believe it's in the UK, and that's only "quasi-Europe" these days.

Not long after worldleathermen.com was created, the same company began branching out with other sites (worldrubbermen.com, worldskinheads.com, etc.), with everyone in one big database, but you'd only appear on the site where you created your profile. Then I believe they expanded to allowing your profile to cross-post to other sites within the tree, and eventually merged them all under "recon.com" with the option to specify which type(s) of man you identify as - leather, rubber, skinhead, fister, etc.

Thanks, BootmanLA, for that information.  I remember when all those other "world" this, that, the next thing started popping up on the site, but - being fairly single-minded - I didn't so much sniffing around the rubber / skinhead guys.  I did, however, get maneuvered into going to the Int. Mr. Rubber event in Chicago, but a sweet boy I was porking at the time.  I remember one of the suppliers begging me (along with the boy) to try on a rubber shirt.  I got no more than my arm into it before I knew it wasn't for me.  Couldn't get if off fast enough.  BUT !!!  I did notice, under a folding table, with some other stuff being stored there, a pair of Cavallo's in very nice condition that I picked off for 35 bucks !!!  Later (or maybe earlier - can't remember) at another booth selling rubber gear, there were a pair of Wesco's standing in the corner, which I bought for the charming young man that conned me into going to the IMrR mart in the first place. 

Who would take off a fine pair of Boots and just let them go like that?  Takes all kinds, I guess ....

• Upvote 1

my gripe with bbrt, is that you can be kicked off without any reason being given. i am off now. (well, in that way). last time, they started sending me 'we miss you' 'where are you' messages. i ignored them for a while, then tried logging in and the account i was told was closed permanently had magically reopened. 

Never had luck with A4A, either the people who are supposedly local want to talk about meeting "that night" and never do, or you are contacted by "a person" from halfway around the world sending you a simple winking emoji. I hadn't tried some of the other sites mentioned here like Recon, will give them a shot. I typically have my best luck meeting people out in the world.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if some experiences on these sites are age-dependent?  Do younger people have better experiences (that is, more hookups) on Grindr, and older people do better on, say, Scruff?  I've got no idea.  Just throwing that out there.  But, it might explain why guys on here often have such varied experiences with the sites?

Over the years I had found the hottest and most diverse guys on A4A, then I started to get a lot of flakes, guys that talk a big fight getting together, sending hot pics and then nothing comes out of it. Very frustrating and was about to call it a day with A4A, and then today I got together with an incredible hot top. Go figure.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BergenGuy said:

I wonder if some experiences on these sites are age-dependent?  Do younger people have better experiences (that is, more hookups) on Grindr, and older people do better on, say, Scruff?  I've got no idea.  Just throwing that out there.  But, it might explain why guys on here often have such varied experiences with the sites?

Undoubtedly that's true in some cases. The thing to remember, possibly more than anything else, is that gay men are not evenly distributed around the country, nor are the various degrees of being "out", of being "non-flaky", of being mature enough to make plans and stick with them, evenly distributed either. And beyond that, experiences in Area 1 on App A may be different than experiences in Area 2 on the same app, or on App B in Area 1. In other words, the number of variables is just too complex for any sort of broad generalizations as to which app is the best - there's no one best choice in every area, for every population. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, ellentonboy said:

It's interesting you had little success on a4a, I guess it depends on your location.   I have had great luck on it, at least in my area.  Recon is, I believe, primarily used in Europe, or has a large European membership.  It also charges you, at least it did when I looked into it.  A4A is at least free, and Barebackrt is also a site that is also party friendly, with guys slightly older and the members are more serious about hooking up.

Im in San Diego CA which has a rather high population of “gay” men or so it seems. 

honestly A4A is more flakes, bots or guys wanting to date than anything it seems lately. Or guys who just want to get off on pic collecting. 

I’ve seriously think I’ve only had 2-3 actual hook ups through it. A bunch of messages.l with guys but they turn out to be creepy, and just weird. 

BBRT I’ve had the most luck with honestly and the guys are on there for the same thing, bareback fucking. I don’t have to play 20 questions there. Trying out Grindr but it seems like a joke lately as well. 

• Upvote 1

Had good experiences with A4A and grindr. 

Love Grindr for drive byes. I found lots of men and parTys at motels with that app. I would drive to a string of motels and check grindr and normally I get a hit or two of men or groups  just sitting in the parking lot 

Edited by Njn0mc

4 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

In other words, the number of variables is just too complex for any sort of broad generalizations as to which app is the best - there's no one best choice in every area, for every population. 

You've summed it up very well, I think.  Asking which app is best is like asking which phone or computer is best.

• Haha 1

I never really had much luck with Recon.  However, A4A (at least in my area) is the site that a lot of the shady guys use.  I've Hooked up with a few different guys on that site, and within days after their profiles are gone.  Kinda like a burner site.  One guy mentioned that A4A is the easiest to use for free and the easiest to delete a profile.