Cock Ring advice needed

I want to get a cock ring. I see different types leather, rubber etc. I had a rubber one but it broke second time I used it

Can you wear them all the time? What is the most comfortable? I only have a small to average 5.5 inch cock. How do you measure fore the best fit? 

Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

I have used the adjustable leather cock rings before, which have snaps you can adjust. I am very fond of the neoprene cock rings and that's what I use as the thicker neoprene ones really add to the bulk and fulness of you package. I am not a fan of the fixed size metal rings. you will ultimately have to try cock rings of various materials out to find which one is most comfortable to you.

• Like 2

I'm partially inclined to rubber cock rings. Tried the leather ones that snap close and they were alright. Will not use metal ones, they look nice but I refuse to use something that I potentially might have to go an ER to remove. I did find with the rubber cock rings one needs to pay attention to the quality or they'll likely snap

I want to get a cock ring. I see different types leather, rubber etc. I had a rubber one but it broke second time I used it

Can you wear them all the time? What is the most comfortable? I only have a small to average 5.5 inch cock. How do you measure fore the best fit? 

Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

11 minutes ago, Queenzlander59 said:

Can you wear them all the time?

That depends on the ring. If it's not too snug when you're soft (but snug enough to not "fall down your pants leg"), then yes, you can.

12 minutes ago, Queenzlander59 said:

What is the most comfortable?

That's a matter of personal taste. I know some guys who prefer silicone rubber because it's durable and yet stretchy. Some prefer leather with snaps (though I see fewer of those in recent years, for some reason), because they can be unsnapped and removed if they get painful without having to have the erection subside in order to remove it. There are also leather rings with velcro, which makes them even more adjustable. Some guys like metal; those that do tend to prefer wider (ie 1/2" to 3/4" ) rather than narrow rings. And that's before getting into alternative designs like the teardrop-shaped ones that prod your taint.

15 minutes ago, Queenzlander59 said:

I only have a small to average 5.5 inch cock. How do you measure fore the best fit? 

Unfortunately, because the ring goes around your balls as well as at the base of your cock, it's really hard to say what the right size ring is for a given guy, because some balls are close up to the cock and some are farther back, and the size of the sack can affect the fit.

If you can get to a leather event where there are vendors, you can sometimes try on some ring types (they can wipe them down with alcohol to sterilize them between customers), but not all vendors will permit that. Otherwise, your best bet may be to find some inexpensive rubber rings in a few different sizes - start with, say, a 2" diameter and go up and down from there) to find the size that fits you best. Then you can find other rings in other materials in a similar size. Bear in mind that some materials may fit you better than others, and you may need, say, a 2" ring in metal but a rubber one, being stretchy, can fit at 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 inches.

Lastly: if you go with metal, go with stainless steel, not chrome plated (which WILL wear off, with body fluids and lube and other things on the finish). 

• Like 1

I rarely wear them, I think they look hot but are extremely uncomfortable to wear and even worse when I fuck. The snap on leather one is the least offensive since it the easiest to get off and on in addition to being adjustable. I also tried a rubber one, wore it twice and a steel one that I wore once and will never, ever wear again.

52 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

That depends on the ring. If it's not too snug when you're soft (but snug enough to not "fall down your pants leg"), then yes, you can.

That's a matter of personal taste. I know some guys who prefer silicone rubber because it's durable and yet stretchy. Some prefer leather with snaps (though I see fewer of those in recent years, for some reason), because they can be unsnapped and removed if they get painful without having to have the erection subside in order to remove it. There are also leather rings with velcro, which makes them even more adjustable. Some guys like metal; those that do tend to prefer wider (ie 1/2" to 3/4" ) rather than narrow rings. And that's before getting into alternative designs like the teardrop-shaped ones that prod your taint.

Unfortunately, because the ring goes around your balls as well as at the base of your cock, it's really hard to say what the right size ring is for a given guy, because some balls are close up to the cock and some are farther back, and the size of the sack can affect the fit.

If you can get to a leather event where there are vendors, you can sometimes try on some ring types (they can wipe them down with alcohol to sterilize them between customers), but not all vendors will permit that. Otherwise, your best bet may be to find some inexpensive rubber rings in a few different sizes - start with, say, a 2" diameter and go up and down from there) to find the size that fits you best. Then you can find other rings in other materials in a similar size. Bear in mind that some materials may fit you better than others, and you may need, say, a 2" ring in metal but a rubber one, being stretchy, can fit at 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 inches.

Lastly: if you go with metal, go with stainless steel, not chrome plated (which WILL wear off, with body fluids and lube and other things on the finish). 

Thanks for the great reply bud. You are very helpful!!. That is what this site is about!! Plus the great stories and pics!

23 minutes ago, NWUSHorny said:

I rarely wear them, I think they look hot but are extremely uncomfortable to wear and even worse when I fuck. The snap on leather one is the least offensive since it the easiest to get off and on in addition to being adjustable. I also tried a rubber one, wore it twice and a steel one that I wore once and will never, ever wear again.

Thanks bud. 

Sizing is everything. You have to find the right balance between just snug enough to keep your balls from retracting back through it, and loose enough that it doesn’t cut off your circulation when you’re at your hardest.

I love stainless steel. I love the uncompromising grip of metal around my root. But hey, I started out as a bondage submissive, so go figure. I also get good mileage out of leather with snaps, but have had poor results with rubber and neoprene, which either break or have too much stretch in them to keep my parts in line.

The most gorgeous cock ring I ever saw on a man was made of wood - I’ve never seen one like it before or since. I guess I’m just going to have to make my own.

I’ve tried various over the years and always wear one, even when having a solo session, just feel it gets me in the sex zone. Aesthetically I love them and I love the feel. My everyday is a stretchy rubber ring, it’s simple and quick to throw on, my next go to is an Oxballs that separates my balls from my cock, feels great But does consume some of your available length for stroking. Lastly my trusty steel ring is the ultimate for look and feel, sure it’s hard to get on and off, but if you get the right size there’s nothing else like it.

The stretchy jelly-like rings that look like they are made of clear silicone sometimes known as Jell-o or something similar are inexpensive and effective but the material 'melts' and turns into a sticky mess if it touches certain other materials like some plastics, and the black silicon silicon toys are made from. Keep them  in a plastic bag for storage so they can't touch anything and they are great. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

The stretchy jelly-like rings that look like they are made of clear silicone sometimes known as Jell-o or something similar are inexpensive and effective but the material 'melts' and turns into a sticky mess if it touches certain other materials like some plastics, and the black silicon silicon toys are made from. Keep them  in a plastic bag for storage so they can't touch anything and they are great. 

Very useful to know

Some suggestions:

1.  As above, sizing is crucial.  Go to an auto parts store (they can be a panacea for "dual-use" items), and buy a few "0-rings" of different sizes.  Often you can buy an assortment of sizes for chump change.  Try several of them on (singly, I mean) to find the best fit, and then measure the inside diameter of the one you like best, to determine what size you find most comfortable.  

2.  Cockrings are usually sold by the inside diameter.  Buy what you like best from any Leather-goods supplier online, specifying inside diameter.  One of my favorite suppliers is Gear Essentials, which feature fine-quality stainless cockrings which can be engraved with any number of designs. However, any reputable supplier - Mr. S., for instance - will have a selection in stock. 

If the above isn't working for you, at least take a tape measure and find the appropriate circumference, and then measure that to determine the inside diameter.  

Good luck !!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MuscledHorse said:

I have used the adjustable leather cock rings before, which have snaps you can adjust. I am very fond of the neoprene cock rings and that's what I use as the thicker neoprene ones really add to the bulk and fulness of you package. I am not a fan of the fixed size metal rings. you will ultimately have to try cock rings of various materials out to find which one is most comfortable to you.

Totally agree, I have tried all types and sizes but prefer the thicker neoprene or silicone ones which really bulk out the fullness of my package.

• Upvote 1

I have several cock rings in leather, rubber and stainless steel. My favourite by far is my stainless steel donut. It's heavy and fits real tight round my junk and it keeps me so fucking hard. It is in 2 bits and snaps together magnetically so it's real easy to put on and take off - even if you've still got a raging hardon. I put mine on when I'm wearing sweats or shorts (no underwear) and keep it on all day. It keeps me semi-hard and I'm bulging outta my sweats. I always wear it when I'm fucking a dude - it feels so fucking hot when I thrust into his hole and grind the cock ring against his ass - I love how it feels against my balls. You definitely gotta try one. Measure the length round your cock and balls and if you fall between 2 sizes then go for the smaller. As an added bonus you will find your cum shots will be stronger - but only if it's good and tight. Enjoy buddy

cockring1.jpg

Cockring2.jpg

• Like 2