Symbols or Flags?

4 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

Hmm, just  an  idea- what if you used the wrist glow stick of sexual choice, and before snapping it on the wrist you punctured thru a condom and then put it on your wrist-- the busted rubber ought to be easy enough to spot or in a much darker setting, felt as hands fumble and explore

Actually, I think a lot of people would miss the symbolism of the "puncture" in the condom and just assume displaying a condom meant you wanted protected sex.

13 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

before snapping it on the wrist you punctured thru a condom

Do you mean tying it length-wise around whichever wrist?  I think once compromised, a condom would only tear even more .... not that I have a lot of experience with them though ....

11 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Do you mean tying it length-wise around whichever wrist?  I think once compromised, a condom would only tear even more .... not that I have a lot of experience with them though ....

You quoted this from me, but it wasn't me who wrote it - it was AlwaysOpen.

Nonetheless, what I imagine is that someone would take the still-rolled condom, puncture a hole through the tip (thus creating a donut-shaped piece of latex, essentially), and then threading the not-yet-closed glowstick bracelet through the donut hole before joining the ends around the wrist.

His notion seems to be that a punctured condom suggests that one does not want a condom. My notion is that wearing the condom, even damaged, suggests that one does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well shucks - I messed up the quote doo-dad again.  My apologies ....  but also thanks for that explanation. 

I think I'll stick to my long-held aversion to those unnatural contrivances.  Their only usefulness for me is in the making of DD's.  

On 7/14/2022 at 3:58 PM, BlindRawFucker1 said:

Although the glowstick wrist bands and glow-in-the-dark tattoos wouldn’t help me identify anyone’s likes, at least I could indicate what I enjoy.

Well for party hosts to be truly inclusive (or if they don’t even want the light from glow sticks …. They make textured wrist bands , beaded wrist bands for fucking (right or left) and then smooth wrist bands (right or left) for sucking 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Well shucks - I messed up the quote doo-dad again.  My apologies ....  but also thanks for that explanation. 

I think I'll stick to my long-held aversion to those unnatural contrivances.  Their only usefulness for me is in the making of DD's.  

No worries on the quote - just pointing it out to clarify. 

Well there are a few problems with the wonderful hanky code

aside from Red (for fisting) and Yellow (for piss play) once you get to the other variables each town had their own code

and there are just way too many for the various kinks

and - most importantly- aside from a few bars (like the eagle in NYC) there are sadly very few places to wear them (deep sigh of mourning for all the bars that have closed )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

???  Aren't blue and turquoise two different colors ???

They are indeed. I can't say what (if anything) turquoise represents, but in the classic hankie code, navy blue meant anal sex and light blue meant oral sex. So shades of a color matter. Olive green (military) was different from hunter green (daddy/boy), which was different from kelly green (prostitution), and so on.

And that's before you get into patterns, like stripes, polka dots, checks/gingham, camo, and the like.

Obviously, most of these colors were never used in real life cruising situations because nobody had a chart of all the possible combos. The ones that were best known were also those used most frequently: navy (fucking), red (fisting), gray (bondage), black (SM), and yellow (WS). Those were all fairly easy to remember. And of course, at particular events, a few others might become popular, like hunter green for Daddies at a bear event. But I don't recall ever seeing the patterned hankies in use in the wild.

Once the internet came along, however, and the notion of profiles took hold, people could abbreviate by writing "Into navy (left), hunter green (left), fuschia (left), gold lame (left). Google them if you're curious". My guess is that's when a lot of the esoteric things started showing on the "code list" as well.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:57 PM, BootmanLA said:

You quoted this from me, but it wasn't me who wrote it - it was AlwaysOpen.

Nonetheless, what I imagine is that someone would take the still-rolled condom, puncture a hole through the tip (thus creating a donut-shaped piece of latex, essentially), and then threading the not-yet-closed glowstick bracelet through the donut hole before joining the ends around the wrist.

His notion seems to be that a punctured condom suggests that one does not want a condom. My notion is that wearing the condom, even damaged, suggests that one does.

You understood the idea - I was going to reply to hntnhole 's post the other day and got sidetracked, and now your post has donut written in it twice and what was the question again? lol

On 7/13/2022 at 10:24 PM, evilqueerpig said:

Though rarely used hanky code for bareback is navy with white polka dots.

I had no idea! I've actually just done a search online and can't find it mentioned, but good to know. I doubt many would know though, which defeats the purpose of having it. I guess the simplest way to let guys know you bareback is shove your lubed arse up against a glory hole and wait for someone to use it 🙂 

3 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

"Into navy (left), hunter green (left), fuschia (left), gold lame (left). Google them if you're curious"

Gold lame ???  After this, I'm definitely calling up Mr. Google for a damn explanation !!!  As soon as I post about a neighbor that stopped over a little while ago ......

• Haha 1

So a little while ago one of my neighbors stopped by to pick up some plants.  I've noticed that he wears silver rings, sometimes on a thumb, sometimes on a index finger.  His boy also wears them, but I can't say I paid attention to which fingers (the kid is far to beautiful to look at his fingers very much).  I've also noticed that guys wear silver rings on fingers that are customarily unadorned in the backrooms. 

Are these symbols of barebacking? Is there some "code" involved, like with hankies?