What does "power cuddle" mean?

NWUSHorny

I just perused Sniffies and noticed several guys hosting for a "power cuddle" or "power cuddling" session. What does that even mean in the context of a gay hookup posting?

I checked Urban Dictionary and found 3 definitions:

1) reducing post sex cuddle demands

2) intense all night cuddling

3) power cuddling is everything cuddling is with the addition of hooking up at the same time

None of the profiles list a sexual position, or fucking as an activity they are seeking which would seem to preclude the 1st and 3rd definitions. It is mid morning here, but I guess you could want to find a random stranger to snuggle up with for hours. What are they actually looking for?

• Like 2

Whatever it’s intended to mean, its immediate effect on me is a spontaneous Nope.

Cuddling is generally defined in terms of holding someone closely, a long , affectionate hug, nestling, spooning, extended close contact for purposes of comfort. Therefore ‘power cuddling’ sounds basically like a trap to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

I just perused Sniffies and noticed several guys hosting for a "power cuddle" or "power cuddling" session. What does that even mean in the context of a gay hookup posting?

NWUSHorny

Well now that you have us all curious- next time you are online cruising and see a “power cuddler”  I hope you will ask him what it is and let us know (so we can know if we should be looking for it or avoiding it)

My reaction to cuddling is very similar to @ErosWired so I am pretty likely to avoid it. The fact that it seems like my Sniffies profile is the only one in my local area that does not list "cuddling" as one of the activities I am into, and most do not list "fucking" as one of the activities that they are into, conversations seem to end after the what are you looking for question is answered and I have never had a local hookup from Sniffies. My inclination based on local preferences, is that they are probably looking for someone to snuggle with for hours. Since I've been seeing this term popup fairly frequently across multiple hookup apps over the last few months I was hoping to confirm what it really meant, without having to ask one of them. Something tells me it will come up in the bathhouse once I get a monkeypox vaccine, when it does I will ask and report back (there have always been couples that occupy prime fucking spots in public play spaces that just snuggle up with each other for hours, so I suspect they have just given their preferred activity a name).

On 8/12/2022 at 1:02 PM, NWUSHorny said:

2) intense all night cuddling

*shudder*

On 8/12/2022 at 1:02 PM, NWUSHorny said:

None of the profiles list a sexual position,

🤖 DANGER, WILL ROBINSON

This is a red flag 🚩 if I ever saw one. If you speak to such a person, try asking “Do you spoon?” I’m willing to bet the reply will be, “Yes! Yes I do! I could spoon with you all night long and fall asleep in your arms.”

I have visions of myself pinned for an entire night under the weight of a 250 lb. Man who falls asleep halfway on top of me, sleeps like the dead, and snores like a hive of bees.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

In my experience, a little bit of post-Breeding cuddling is .... well .... ok.  Emphasis on "little".  Cuddling, as I define it, is something one does with a lover or maybe a very serious boyfriend.

I fuck a lot, and that doesn't mean I "love" every guy I fuck.  I may discover (if there's any post-fuck interaction) that I don't even like the guy personally, no matter how "hot" the fuck was.  Cuddling and fucking are, to me at least, two different things, and bridged only when there's some measure of real love (or at least caring) between the two. Strangers don't cuddle, they fuck.

My Cock and my Heart operate on two different planes of existence these days.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

In my experience, a little bit of post-Breeding cuddling is .... well .... ok.  Emphasis on "little".  Cuddling, as I define it, is something one does with a lover or maybe a very serious boyfriend.

I'm very much the same way. I have learned to extend it to regular fuckbuds since living here, where it is considered such an important part of sex. Even in a relationship with someone I have shared a bed with, I'm ready for us to go back to our own sides of the bed after a few minutes. I have no desire to meet up with a stranger or attend a cuddling party, I regularly see postings for those too (in fact I noticed 2 local guys posting on Twitter that they caught monkeypox at a large cuddle party in July).

2 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I have visions of myself pinned for an entire night under the weight of a 250 lb. Man who falls asleep halfway on top of me, sleeps like the dead, and snores like a hive of bees.

Even if they are a petite 100 pounder, I can't sleep with someone right up against me. Nor do I enjoy actual physical contact with someone while we are talking or hanging out watching a movie or listening to music, which seems to be what quite a few guys are posting hookup notices to do. I really think most of these guys are just lonely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

a large cuddle party in July

Cuddle parties, now? What freakish trend is this? As @hntnhole notes, strangers do not cuddle, so this sounds uncomfortably in-crowd.

I wonder, though, if it might be an outgrowth (one is tempted to call it an ingrowth like a toenail can be ingrown) of the egregious preponderance of bottoms. Having insufficient Tops available, yet wanting physical contact with another male but neither being versatile enough to want to service the other’s sexual tastes as a bottom, I can see a gruesome sort of compromise settling in whereby both get contact but neither has to exert sexually. Or to put it in other terms, perhaps this is what happens when non-verse bottoms can’t find Tops and resort to bottom-cannibalism.

Or they could just want someone to hold, as you say, but turning to strangers for that is a little bit tragic.

• Upvote 1

@ErosWired I'm told that any penetration is severely frowned upon at these parties, and possibly grounds for being banned from future parties. Obviously I have not been to one.

I envision them as being something like "Radical Rub Down Tuesday" at the local bathhouse, where I have been informed by multiple patrons in attendance on those nights that people with my sexual proclivities are not welcome. I was not asked by the bathhouse staff to leave, but has been a very sexually frustrating night on, and yes I have messed up and forgotten it was Tuesday in the fog of hornyness, at least a handful of times.

13 hours ago, ErosWired said:

*shudder*

🤖 DANGER, WILL ROBINSON

This is a red flag 🚩 if I ever saw one. If you speak to such a person, try asking “Do you spoon?” I’m willing to bet the reply will be, “Yes! Yes I do! I could spoon with you all night long and fall asleep in your arms.”

That's happened a few times, sometimes with their dick still firmly planted balls deep after being bred.  Nothing makes you feel like you're a total bottom like being used as a cum vessel and left plugged all night under someone heavier than me.

6 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Cuddle parties, now? What freakish trend is this? As @hntnhole notes, strangers do not cuddle, so this sounds uncomfortably in-crowd.

I wonder, though, if it might be an outgrowth (one is tempted to call it an ingrowth like a toenail can be ingrown) of the egregious preponderance of bottoms. Having insufficient Tops available, yet wanting physical contact with another male but neither being versatile enough to want to service the other’s sexual tastes as a bottom, I can see a gruesome sort of compromise settling in whereby both get contact but neither has to exert sexually. Or to put it in other terms, perhaps this is what happens when non-verse bottoms can’t find Tops and resort to bottom-cannibalism.

Or they could just want someone to hold, as you say, but turning to strangers for that is a little bit tragic.

If it were 'bottom-cannibalism',  wouldn't dildos plugs or even fists have come into play?

This 'power cuddling' might be a result of the growing trend of 'sides', i.e. men who do not identify as top, bottom or versatile, and do not seek penetrative sex.

[think before following links] https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/meet-the-sides-gay-men-who-dont-like-anal-sex

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I get that not everyone likes to cuddle, and that even those who sometimes do may not want a lot of it, or with everyone.

But can we dispense with calling it "freakish"? And with making blanket judgments like "strangers do not cuddle"? There are rather significant numbers of people in this country whose belief systems consider it just as freakish for strangers to fuck. 

What's that phrase - "Don't yuck someone else's yum"? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1