UT,LA,VA,MS,MT,AR,TX,NC are now ALL blocked! (IN & ID 7/1)

On 9/26/2023 at 2:59 AM, Bumchum said:

Can’t wait for the day the republicans get a kick in the balls and lose their grip on Texas!

As a Texan, how likely do you think that actually is? I spent four years down there in The Republic among the bubbas, and I’d say, not very.

Someday the day will come when we’re no longer dependent on fossil fuels and no longer as ridiculous about eating beef. When that happens, Texas will have little left in it but mesquite and wild hogs.

7 hours ago, ErosWired said:

As a Texan, how likely do you think that actually is? I spent four years down there in The Republic among the bubbas, and I’d say, not very.

Someday the day will come when we’re no longer dependent on fossil fuels and no longer as ridiculous about eating beef. When that happens, Texas will have little left in it but mesquite and wild hogs.

I realize you're being facetious to some degree, but Texas has a much more diverse economy moving away from strict dependence on oil and gas - much more so than, say, Louisiana has. And in any event, Texas' economy is far less single-industry dependent than, say, West Virginia is on coal, or Kentucky is on coal and horses. 

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

or Kentucky is on coal and horses. 

I take umbrage at such a slur on the Commonwealth of Kentucky - we also make bourbon, which some might claim to be a staple and necessity for life.

Actually, coal/horses is a rather stereotypical view of Kentucky. Coal is only found in two limited areas and it’s an industry in decline in both) and the horse racing industry has little to do with the lives of everyday Kentuckians. It’s plenty agrarian, but there’s diversified industry here too, widely spread about, particularly along the interstate corridors. There’s a gargantuan new battery manufacturing plant being constructed the next county up, and an entire industrial park two counties down. Two smaller factories in this county alone. If people had to rely on coal and horses for a living, they’d be eating the horses.

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2023 at 3:37 PM, ErosWired said:

I take umbrage at such a slur on the Commonwealth of Kentucky - we also make bourbon, which some might claim to be a staple and necessity for life.

When Canada was fighting Trump’s ridiculous steel tariffs (in violation of the NAFTA agreement) we placed retaliatory tariffs on products produced in states with key Republican senators, and for Mitch McConnell personally we threw a huge tariff on bourbon. 🤓

Edited by horndoggy
Typo

Ok, something weird happened about all of this, when I was working a few days ago in Alabama, I got the reroute to the site about not accessing here, when it's supposed to be in MS.  So that's got me a bit spooked for the fact that where I worked (in Foley, AL) it might've been "too close" according to my phone.   Really weird that it happened, but still glad just the same that we're all doing what we can to fight the good fight against the idjits that keep wanting to control everything, but not their own damn selves.

18 hours ago, nekofox said:

Ok, something weird happened about all of this, when I was working a few days ago in Alabama, I got the reroute to the site about not accessing here, when it's supposed to be in MS.  So that's got me a bit spooked for the fact that where I worked (in Foley, AL) it might've been "too close" according to my phone.   Really weird that it happened, but still glad just the same that we're all doing what we can to fight the good fight against the idjits that keep wanting to control everything, but not their own damn selves.

Bear in mind it's not just where you're physically located, but where your ISP chooses to "route" a connection in that location to a more central location for handing out IP addresses.

For instance: my home ISP in Baton Rouge, LA is Cox, which services much of south Louisiana. IP addresses are apparently doled out (at least some of the time) from one of its southwest Louisiana offices, rather than here in the (much larger) state capitol. So services like Google Maps, for instance, when trying to figure out "where I am" to center the map on loading, usually place me 50-60 miles west of where I actually am. (But not always: sometimes I seem to hit a DHCP server east of me; I'm guessing it has to do with network load balancing, etc.)

With Foley being right between MS and FL, I'm not surprised that on occasion infrastructure from one of those surrounding states might get involved - which, in turn, could trigger the block from MS. That's the beauty of a VPN that lets you choose the site you connect through.

On 9/27/2023 at 10:37 PM, ErosWired said:

Actually, coal/horses is a rather stereotypical view of Kentucky. Coal is only found in two limited areas and it’s an industry in decline in both) and the horse racing industry has little to do with the lives of everyday Kentuckians. It’s plenty agrarian, but there’s diversified industry here too, widely spread about, particularly along the interstate corridors. There’s a gargantuan new battery manufacturing plant being constructed the next county up, and an entire industrial park two counties down. Two smaller factories in this county alone. If people had to rely on coal and horses for a living, they’d be eating the horses.

Bourbon is a pale imitation of true whisky.

• Administrators
On 10/2/2023 at 5:05 PM, bihairy said:

I’m in Maryland and being blocked on my laptop because the site thinks I’m in VA!  

Given that Northern VA is a major Internet connection point, that doesn’t surprise me. 

Which reminds me - I should exempt googlebot & bingbot from these blocks. (That’s not a hint to change your user agent string since I’ll think you’re a bot and restrict your access).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.