I don't understand the desire to get pozzed

btmdad

I don't get it either
It's obviously emotional, not practical. My guess is that it dates back to a time when the consequences were far greater than they are today and it hasn't updated.
I'm poz and it doesn't bother me. I don't have to pay for the pills and the daily inconvenience is nothing. It's like wanting to contract hay-fever. Sure, there may be long term complications - but all heath gets more complicated as you get older and adding to the list seems a bit remote as a fetish motivator.
I get submission/power - I just like it to have more real and noticeable consequences - a pill a day and a risk of worse in twenty years isn't a turn on. It seems as "here and now" as a life-insurance fetish.
Pretty crap fetish too, as once it's done, it's done. 
So it, it seems a strange and pointless fetish to me. But then again, they  all are if you're not into them, so let's not judge.

• 2 weeks later...

Bless you all for taking such an interest in why others make the choices they make.  I struggle just trying to understand why I make the choices I make.  Can you see where I'm going with this? 

A new topic might help.  

I don't understand the desire to ask "Why would someone want to get pozzed?  

No, I will not do that.  I'm not starting that topic because there's no answer that will change way I think about that question.

The way I'm supposed to rationalize and justify to others a desire that was complicated, confusing and personal to me at the time.  I don't know that I could have truly answered the question meaningfully at the time.

Back then, I would have earnestly tried to make you understand what I was thinking and feeling.  That's a lot to ask of someone before they get to hear people discuss and analyze it.  The cherry on top is the OP saying, "I still don't get it".

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cosmaz said:

Bless you all for taking such an interest in why others make the choices they make.  I struggle just trying to understand why I make the choices I make.  Can you see where I'm going with this? 

Not really, no, but...

I'm not starting that topic because there's no answer that will change way I think about that question.

Sometimes people create a topic because they want guidance, or (as you phrase it) "change the way I think".

Other times people create a topic because they want to know what OTHER people think, even if they've made up their minds for themselves.

Create, or don't create, but it seems kind of pointless and a tad attention-getting to announce you're NOT creating a topic. 

Back then, I would have earnestly tried to make you understand what I was thinking and feeling.  

Which is, I think, the point of the discussion.

That's a lot to ask of someone before they get to hear people discuss and analyze it. 

Nobody says that you or anyone else has to discuss something when you're not ready to share. If it's too much to ask, then don't. Easy peasy.

The cherry on top is the OP saying, "I still don't get it".

Why? Because you think the only acceptable outcome from the discussion is the the OP announcing that "Oh, yeah, now it makes perfect sense why people chase an incurable disease"? Might it be that he just doesn't find any of the proffered rationales convincing?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

I can’t comprehend why would someone want to get poz, or not seek treatment.  

Treatment is expensive, especially without insurance.Without treatment-your body is slowly crumbling for death! 

People look at you differently. You’re not trustworthy. The stigma is real. 
I have tried in the past to seek WHO pozzed me. When all guys I have met in the past said they are clean.  It left with scars and broken unrepairable friendships. 

If you wanted to change jobs, professions. It be challenging like me. I can’t stand my job. At all. I want to stay full time in real estate. It hard since I will be on my own to pay for my own health insurance for self employment. Making that transition is hard and putting a strain on me BIG time.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2023 at 1:04 AM, Trashyfagboi92 said:

Id say this is soo dumb. I never wanted it , i would never wish it upon anyone else but sadly my lack of being always cautious and shit and being too frkendly is what fucked me up . People that chase this is something wrong with them literally 

I don't understand it either,but I have a strong fetish for Wasted Tops.  Go figure ! 

• Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1

I am a bareback bottom. I take cum in my ass That being said I am very careful 

1. on prep

2. I do look at guys to sort out in my own mind if they are clean 

I do not want to become positive and take all the precautions I can

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

overall really surprised by what I perceive as a rather judgemental tone to this thread and in breeding.zone of all places.

we're all going to die eventually. from something..let individuals make their own choices. And as for prep, does no one question the side affects of daily prep for years on end? 

Do we as a society make straight people that eat too much take a daily pill to possibly stop diabetes from developing..do we make people that drink too much take a daily pill to stop them from becoming alcoholics..but oh yeah many are advocating that all gay hiv neg men should take daily prep so they won't get hiv. I am really surprised by some of the puritanical type comments applied by gay men to other gay men.

So hiv chasing is a fetish for some, so what..are we now supposed to rank and judge which fetishes are ok and which are not..what about being into bdsm..couldn't you accidentally die if a rope gets too tight in the wrong place..let's just love each other and stop being so judgmental.

Edited by jcklvrga
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jcklvrga said:

overall really surprised by what I perceive as a rather judgemental tone to this thread and in breeding.zone of all places.

This thread is in the Health forum, and as such is judged differently than it might be elsewhere on the site.

Do we as a society make straight people that eat too much take a daily pill to possibly stop diabetes from developing..do we make people that drink too much take a daily pill to stop them from becoming alcoholics..but oh yeah many are advocating that all gay hiv neg men should take daily prep so they won't get hiv. I am really surprised by some of the puritanical type comments applied by gay men to other gay men.

[emphasis mine]

Many do in fact advocate that people who eat too many simple carbs take drugs to prevent diabetes, and that people who are prone to drink too much take drugs to prevent them from doing so. The point isn't to spoil people's fun, it's to prevent harm.

Whether or not you believe that each of us has a God-given right to do as much self-harm as we are inspired by said God to do, it's not too hard to agree that while we gratify our desires (or our dharma), avoiding harm is preferable to suffering it, no?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jcklvrga said:

And as for prep, does no one question the side affects of daily prep for years on end? 

some do. i was shocked when my newest doctor questioned just that during a recent check up. i stared at her for a few seconds, first deciding against saying "i dare you to name me one pill on the market today that is free of all possible side effects" then secondly deciding against saying "oh yeah, cause im sure once i get pozzed all those hiv drugs you'll prescribe me are all side effect free" complete w eye roll. instead i changed the subject. of course, she was in fact pushing the old "never leave the house without at least two condoms on" dog n pony show so... i decided to avoid sparring with someone who may be voting for kennedy in november 😜

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 12:25 PM, gwmxyz said:

Pretty crap fetish too, as once it's done, it's done. 
So it, it seems a strange and pointless fetish to me. But then again, they  all are if you're not into them, so let's not judge.

which? chasing is just that chasing. like sex itself, often the hunt is the real thrill, sometimes more than the catch. for a lot of guys, risky sex is the kink, not being poz. 

for other guys it is being poz. you can't swing a virtual cat around here without hitting 20 posts about how much better sex was once they converted. 

and of course, for some guys it's having the gift to give that becomes the fetish. guys who focus on the disease part of it really seem to get off on the idea of spreading it. 

and then there's all the posts of guys looking for a "recharge" 

of all the things i've learned by reading this site, i can't think of ever coming across posts about how once it happened it was over and now they're deflated. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 11:28 AM, Bottom Jim said:

I am a bareback bottom. I take cum in my ass That being said I am very careful 

1. on prep

2. I do look at guys to sort out in my own mind if they are clean 

I do not want to become positive and take all the precautions I can

The term "clean" as applied to HIV-negative people is offensive. The clear implication is that anyone who is not HIV-negative is "dirty".

By all means, I encourage you to take all the precautions you can. But please stop with the language suggesting HIV-positive people are less than "clean".

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1