Created by a Trump supporter

3 minutes ago, tallslenderguy said:

It seems to me most people vote against, not for, a power structure that sort of exercises and maintains a few generally held standards

Today, that's the case:  grab a bucket of water and try to put out the fire.  Apparently the days of debating the pros/cons of any particular piece of legislation are over; there seems to be little "debate" in Congress.  The closest thing to actual, for-the-good-of -the-people, "debate" is now something called Voting the worst of them out of office.  We get that chance every 2 years in one case, and every 4 years in the other, (plus local elections). 

Last I heard though, the "deity" is still not registered to vote in these dis-United States, so it's up to "we, the people" to clean house.  So yes, I agree that things have arrived at the point that we're forced to vote "against", but in that same process, we can also vote "for", assuming all of us actually do it.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

As i see it, democracy is about restricting and controlling government power.  Supposedly the people get to vote for people  who represent them and their values.  Laws that are enacted and tax dollars allocated should benefit 'the people.' Of course, there's infinite variations of people and we've ended up with two grossly united, polarized groups.

The 'choices' we end up with on either side tend to bring out my inner conspiracy paranoid crazy, wondering who's really in charge?  It sure as hell isn't "the people" of the republic.    i cannot think of a politician i could say actually 'represents' me, or even most of the people i know and associate with.  It seems to me most people vote against, not for, a power structure that sort of exercises and maintains a few generally held standards.   

Do you know your local Village Trustees or City Alderpersons?  

8 minutes ago, JimInWisc said:

Do you know your local Village Trustees or City Alderpersons?  

Yeah.. and our city council meetings are videoed and posted on youtube, which is pretty convenient. Though i've personally talked to my ward person. i think you make a good point about possibly being able to have more affect at a local level.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, seekingversatility said:

mist gawt made trump. didn't make his behavior or choices. parents are responsible for deliberate damage or neglect to minor children. an adult is responsible for the recovery from that damage. 

mister slumlord daddy trump did shady slumlord deeds for profit. what can i deduce or infer about the influence of daddy's job, or socialite mommy and the staggering level of deception their lifestyle required? i believe obvious answers to broad questions aren't worth a debate, so i stipulate yes. human behavior is often predictable, patterns often repeat. 

diagnosis is not predictable. it's also private. it's not a valid topic IRL with polite company and not in an online forum. i'm no rocket surgeon, and even the professionals using APA diagnostic criteria and differentials are careful to suggest possibilities, not specifics when empaneled by pundits. maybe bipolar, maybe narcissistic, in combination with insomnia, maybe personality disorder... 

the current science says babies are born on the spectrum. i don't believe any reputable quote or post from a medical expert has referenced behaviors on the spectrum. a senior who maintains a schedule of rally speeches, golf trips, fundraisers, crime, mcdonalds, and blatant hypocrisy seems likely to require mental care for job stress, physical declining physic

he's not smart, can't spell, common eglish grammar, usage, and syntax are beyond his capacity, he often slurs and stutters. his limited vocabulary is juvenile. his stream of consciousness delivery is disconnected from logic and from reality. he lacks the ability to admit or regret error, he denys, bullies, and blame others. there is the cheated the public purse, failed to execute his sworn duty and violated his oath. is it possible 

and he lies. he distorts and manipulates. on purpose. on the record. constantly.

do i seem to recall a trait that patients on the spectrum typically do not display? i do. it's that. they avoid deliberate falsehood. he's not autistic, he's a grandiose chronic liar with abominable manners. If big bird and the muppets can mind their manners, so can us filthy breeders, cum dumps, and the cum hungry felchers (me) on cleanup. no more amateur evaluations, got it, got it? unless and except for myself discussing I, me, my, and mine personal lived connection to mental health of my cortex and lobes.

it's not just crass and impolite, it's a hostile workplace/public accommodation, federal ADA discrimination violation. prejudice toward individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, identity, expression, nation/language of origin, religion, age, or ability is against the law. unsupported assertion, opinion, or speculation presented in declarative syntax is a bad faith argument. objection. facts not inevidence. sustained. *gavel

observations, recordings, broadcasts, transcripts, FOIAs, social media posts, financial disclosures, motions, pleadings, contempt citations, fact checks, all fair game for supporting well-reasoned conclusions. mary trump is the first- and second-person source I'd choose to support or cite on the topic of nature/nurture. her twitter feed is richly detailed and well-writen. what portion of direct or peripheral influence did she experience? and why how and when did she not do crime while he got better at crime? can she say if he ever acknowleged responsibility, or was held accountable, or take any consequences? was he ever good? 

parents are killed in the origin stories of unenlightened orange reality clowns who choose evil adulterous murdering super-villian 

i like entitled adult millionaires who choose to save lives and combat crime.

You tell us that no one is allowed to speculate on a mental health diagnosis of another person, yet you do precisely that, declaring decisively that he is not on the Autism spectrum, and on the basis of a single diagnostic factor, that Autistic people find it difficult to lie. In fact, you are quite correct that Trump is plainly not Autistic, for many reasons, and that we Autistics are honest by default, often to our disadvantage.

You are also correct that professionals in mental health do not offer diagnoses of persons who they have not formally examined and systematically diagnosed, and you are correct that mental health diagnoses are a private health matter.

There are instances, however, where an individual’s condition becomes a public concern, not the least of which is when he is trying to obtain the office by which to wield power over the entire nation. We the people have a vested interest in knowing whether the man is mentally fit to be entrusted with such power over us. The fact that the oaths and rules of the mental health profession prohibit them from speaking to this is yet another example of how Trump has weaponized the norms and decencies of civil society against itself to further his perverse goals. It is therefore necessary that others who are knowledgeable but not bound by those oaths speak aloud the truth that is in plain sight - Donald Trump is mentally ill. His psyche is patently unbalanced by any conventional measure, speaking scientifically or philosophically. He is a pathological liar - irrefutably documented - and that fact alone sets him outside the range of normative human cognition. But it isn’t limited to that. His very public speech and actions provide ample evidence, not just to trained professionals, but to everyone, that something is very, very wrong with the man.

On this site, men like to say, “Let us make up our own mind.” So I won’t ask you to listen to my view of it. Instead, I’ll give you the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, a widely accepted tool for screening individuals to determine whether they are psychopaths. The checklist has 20 items, and is scored by giving a 0 if the item does not apply to the individual, a 1 if it applies to a certain extent, or a 2 if it fully applies to the individual. A score of 30 or higher suggests clinical psychopathy in the individual. Apply it to Donald Trump, and make up your own mind. 

*Note: The Hare Checklist is not determinatively diagnostic, but merely a tool for screening. Diagnosis can only be performed by a clinical professional.

The Hare Psychopathy Checklist

• Glibness/superficial charm

• Grandiose sense of self-worth

• Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom

• Pathological lying

• Conning/manipulative

• Lack of remorse or guilt

• Shallow affect (i.e., reduced emotional responses)

• Callous/lack of empathy

• Parasitic lifestyle

• Poor behavioral controls

• Promiscuous sexual behavior

• Early behavioral problems

• Lack of realistic, long-term goals

• Impulsivity

• Irresponsibility

• Failure to accept responsibility for one's own actions

• Many short-term marital relationships

• Juvenile delinquency

• Revocation of conditional release (from prison)

• Criminal versatility (i.e., commits diverse types of crimes)

Edited by ErosWired
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tallslenderguy said:

Yeah.. and our city council meetings are videoed and posted on youtube, which is pretty convenient. Though i've personally talked to my ward person. i think you make a good point about possibly being able to have more affect at a local level.

As i have been on our village board for years, citizen involvement is barely there.  And yet this is stuff which impacts them more directly than most Fed level stuff.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ErosWired said:

You tell us that no one is allowed to speculate on a mental health diagnosis of another person, yet you do precisely that, declaring decisively that he is not on the Autism spectrum, and on the basis of a single diagnostic factor, that Autistic people find it difficult to lie. In fact, you are quite correct that Trump is plainly not Autistic, for many reasons, and that we Autistics are honest by default, often to our disadvantage.

You are also correct that professionals in mental health do not offer diagnoses of persons who they have not formally examined and systematically diagnosed, and you are correct that mental health diagnoses are a private health matter.

There are instances, however, where an individual’s condition becomes a public concern, not the least of which is when he is trying to obtain the office by which to wield power over the entire nation. We the people have a vested interest in knowing whether the man is mentally fit to be entrusted with such power over us. The fact that the oaths and rules of the mental health profession prohibit them from speaking to this is yet another example of how Trump has weaponized the norms and decencies of civil society against itself to further his perverse goals. It is therefore necessary that others who are knowledgeable but not bound by those oaths speak aloud the truth that is in plain sight - Donald Trump is mentally ill. His psyche is patently unbalanced by any conventional measure, speaking scientifically or philosophically. He is a pathological liar - irrefutably documented - and that fact alone sets him outside the range of normative human cognition. But it isn’t limited to that. His very public speech and actions provide ample evidence, not just to trained professionals, but to everyone, that something is very, very wrong with the man.

On this site, men like to say, “Let us make up our own mind.” So I won’t ask you to listen to my view of it. Instead, I’ll give you the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, a widely accepted tool for screening individuals to determine whether they are psychopaths. The checklist has 20 items, and is scored by giving a 0 if the item does not apply to the individual, a 1 if it applies to a certain extent, or a 2 if it fully applies to the individual. A score of 30 or higher suggests clinical psychopathy in the individual. Apply it to Donald Trump, and make up your own mind. 

*Note: The Hare Checklist is not determinatively diagnostic, but merely a tool for screening. Diagnosis can only be performed by a clinical professional.

The Hare Psychopathy Checklist

• Glibness/superficial charm

• Grandiose sense of self-worth

• Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom

• Pathological lying

• Conning/manipulative

• Lack of remorse or guilt

• Shallow affect (i.e., reduced emotional responses)

• Callous/lack of empathy

• Parasitic lifestyle

• Poor behavioral controls

• Promiscuous sexual behavior

• Early behavioral problems

• Lack of realistic, long-term goals

• Impulsivity

• Irresponsibility

• Failure to accept responsibility for one's own actions

• Many short-term marital relationships

• Juvenile delinquency

• Revocation of conditional release (from prison)

• Criminal versatility (i.e., commits diverse types of crimes)

Allow me to apologize for any lack of clarity. I tend toward fussy word choice. Up late puffing like a goon, slippery thumbs, mobile keyboard, edits were fraught. No excuse. Any error was all mine. Damaging feelings was not my intent at all. If you can forgive the prior offense, I'll be grateful

First let's correct the record. I regulate speech and behavior for the number one star of my life. Me. I didn't set any rules for others. Everybody is allowed. No one is compelled. All are responsible. 1A protects the ability for citizens of equal stature to speak. 1A doesn't validate content, meaning or value. No guaranteed audience or distribution. No exemption from critique.

Physicians are bound by more than a traditional oath. They make non-committal statements and non-binding observations. digestible bullet point science but with semantic loophole to evade the nuisance of litigation. It's a good not to overpromise. i'd opt for disclaimers that avoid harm like the map fold inserts I typeset decades ago. big cough syrup knows what they're doing. consult your personal pysician.

10 days after the contentious exchange on 1/11 to 1/12. the other user's tone went from unenlghtened clumsy fallacy to aggressive defense of the right to say insults.

User gets to post unsupported nonsense  and false comparisons all day. But the audacity. Defending the ability to say the insulting thing does not mitigate responsibility after the nature of the insulting thing was conveyed. Was there an apology?

Amateurs CAN speak words clearly beyond their feeble understanding of medical science. But SHOULDN'T. Not polite. These bad manners are free speech that free people shouldn't speak. Online T&Cs, federal & state discrimination statutes and HIPAA regulations  acknowledge freedom and choice and rights and jobs have terms, conditions, and boundaries outside of which harming speech is not protected. stay inside the lane or choose to FAFO what are the consequences of the free choice to say nasty words or touch women or mock the abilities of others?

I'll wrap up. You are right about: public servants holding elective office are subject to all scrutiny. And yeah I did picked a short terse punchy declarative.  on the reasons and observations in those  paragraph. So I believe it's a valid deduction from variables that rule out his a legit diagnosis on the spectrum.

I hit harder on chronic lying because it's so blatant and hes not even trying to get close to credible. zero camouflage. the executive deception for profit costs American lives, so what hasn't come to light is worrying. 

and fact check hot mike confrontations are my scooby snacks.  

77 looks 87, fast living, alcohol,  declining health, overweight, poor diet, overdose on tanning radiation, congnitivr decline

Social climber, Craves trends, values popularity, notoriety, film magazine daytime talk celebrity since the 80s, self-aggranding pride to cover low-confidence, creepy dynamic with Ivanka

I don't offer any proof and am fully prepared to fall back on all hat no cattle bad grades no effort trust fund lettered in collegiate slumber, skims payola to make payroll, redline POCs, bigot

• Moderators
11 hours ago, seekingversatility said:

overdose on tanning radiation

Just my opinion, but judging from the hue of his tan, he doesn't even have the patience to do that. Orangish tans are a product of quick-tan lotions that produce skin coloration artificially rather than stimulating a natural tan as UV does.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Just my opinion, but judging from the hue of his tan, he doesn't even have the patience to do that. Orangish tans are a product of quick-tan lotions that produce skin coloration artificially rather than stimulating a natural tan as UV does.

It’s obviously an applied substance. If one looks closely at the skin approaching the eyes, the hairline, and the ears in most photographs and live televised appearances, one can discern a marked shift to pale pink. This is consistent with the result when full-coverage theatrical makeup is poorly applied, for instance, when an actor is meant to appear green-skinned. Radiation does not miss these areas.

On top of this, there have been references in the media, quoted from knowledgeable sources, about his “bronzer” - a word for what he applies to his skin.

”Bronzer”. He lies to himself, too.

@viking8x6 @ErosWired

Pre-2016, as I slept, A/V cortex archive logged a network interview broadcast. the raw tympanic capture the processed masters record his statement that the goggles protect his vision from tanning bulbs so his eyes have a pale tan line. also he denies wearing makeup, asserting that men don't need it, with goggle it's safe so makeup is unneccessary.

Ha imma riot. that face in closeup screams !! goggles !! hush mushroom money !! mushroom goggles !! 

I hate this editor. fhe cursor is can't even. Curses!  imma rub out a knee wobbler *snore

I 't oes look likle a patchy applicatio, Howan¹d definitely either underbaked but too hot at the same time. I'm  willing to guess his underbutler unerblended it or the sealant passed it shelf life.

1 hour ago, seekingversatility said:

Ha imma riot. that face in closeup screams !! goggles !! hush mushroom money !! mushroom goggles !! 

Goggles. Suuuuuuuure.

In her book Enough, about her tenure as a Trump aide in the White House, Cassidy Hutchinson writes about how he refused to wear a mask during the pandemic because they got “covered in bronzer”.

So we ask, if she says this was so, and he says it was not, who do we believe? The man who told a documented 30,573 lies in  four years in office? I think not. Indeed, I think nothing that comes out of his mouth should be trusted ever again, including his last breath. Someone is going to have to make sure he’s dead, lest they accidentally bury him alive.

FWIW:  "fraught" is an adjective, not a noun, and generally used in a negative context. 

Thus, nothing can ever be merely "fraught".  Something (noun) can be "fraught" with danger, for example. 

I know the Woman in Black on tv has decided to alter the spoken English language, and other tv persons have followed her heavy-handed lead,  but it's still literally non-sense.  

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, hntnhole said:

FWIW:  "fraught" is an adjective, not a noun...

Thus, nothing can ever be merely "fraught".  Something (noun) can be "fraught" with danger, for example.

However, "fraught" can be simple (i.e. non-verb-linking) adjective, applied to a noun, as in @seekingversatility's post "edits were fraught" (the edits being the noun, i.e. these are fraught edits, i.e. difficult edits). See sense 2 in the Collins entry https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/fraught

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

...just going to say this. Besides the fact I DON'T need to watch this BS to know its BS –– how many of ya'll have a truth social account? While I'm NOT active there, god, ahum, NO, I found on the fringes I could elicit rather meaningful conversations I could not have raised elsewhere. If the goal is to raise the bar... I'm just saying sometimes we're our own worse enemy. 

• 1 month later...

Maybe it's just another of his endless scams. Think of it, a Religion with former President Donald Trump as it's Savior. I think his die hard MAGA supporters will go for it. A fall back position should he lose in November.