Classic Trump

The problem when we put a label on a single large group of people as if that was an accurate description of EACH of them, manifest above.  @rawfuckingonly I am of neither party.  I would do as our first president advised and not cotton to parties at all.  But that isn't how we evolved.  What evolved has never, once, been perfect; nor is that or has that ever been the actual claim of our nation.  But compared to other social there is a lot to love and a lot to hate.  I believe though on balance we do well with most.  

Humans are a diverse species.  While we can divide our species into group, there are far more common attributes and descriptors than not.  So...  these big bold attributes you are ascribing, in particulars to individuals who my be in favor of Ms Harris can only be inaccurate.  We are a diverse grouping.  

Bottom line, for me for certain, but I believe for many.  We have two humans running for US President.  At this point the concept of 'party' is out the window.  It has been replaced by a more urgent question.  That is the nature of the human we put in that position.  WHO they are is now the point. 

One obviously is a scofflaw.  Grew up a rich boy and daily demonstrates well that his first interest is himself.  A "poor little rich boy" rhetoric... 

The other clearly of a mind to keep our democratic experiment continuing.  ( NOTE: when I wrote 'democratic' is was NOT referring to the party ).  

Any party platform anyone is posing is up in the air until we determine the nature of the human who will be president.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, PozBearWI said:

The problem when we put a label on a single large group of people as if that was an accurate description of EACH of them, manifest above.  @rawfuckingonly I am of neither party.  I would do as our first president advised and not cotton to parties at all.  But that isn't how we evolved.  What evolved has never, once, been perfect; nor is that or has that ever been the actual claim of our nation.  But compared to other social there is a lot to love and a lot to hate.  I believe though on balance we do well with most.  

Focusing on this.  Doing well for most.  That really depends upon what we are talking about.  Somehow in our "horrible economy" (so 45 says) we have RECORD travel and airports have never been more crowded.  Store shelves aren't empty because of supply chain issues anymore, but now because of demand.  So clearly there is a healthy flow of cash going on in our "horrible economy".  

BUT indeed there are still a lot of people who put in a lot of hours working.  40 hour workweek is a good concept; but I only know of maybe half I know who actually lived that life.  Most of us averaged closer to 60.  The lowest paid jobs set one economic bar and prices will rise or fall IN PART around that.  

In an economic system such as ours; cause observed in manifestations resulting from that cause is a multi year cycle.  Our somewhat extended Covid cycle was influenced in a good part by 45's administration failing to follow the patterns adopted by previous administrations in how we dealt with new serious disease.  EG: compare US response to Ebola vs Covid (which is SARS which seems to present new iterations of itself every3 - 5 years).  Disease isn't CAUSED by a party.  

On 9/7/2024 at 8:59 AM, tallslenderguy said:

White nationalist Nick Fuentes blasted Trump Sept. 4 for admitting that he lost the 2020 election, and said that he will work to get voters not to back Trump.

"So, why did we do Stop the Steal? Why did did anyone go to Jan. 6? Why did any one go to jail? ... It would have been good to know that before 1,600 people got charged," Fuentes said on his podcast, referring to the criminal charges for those who invaded and ransacked the Capitol. "It would’ve been good to know that before (I) had all my money frozen, put on a no-fly list, banned from everything, lost all my bank and payment processing.”"

My response is a little late, and for that I am regretful. BUT...

First of all, Nick Fuentes, as a white nationalist, is pretty ignorant from the get go. Add the anti-Jewish propaganda, the incel admissions, the general victimhood mentality, and you see how I wanna tell him - image.png.d05bdde4ad5a2cc1b6ae93ea9b47120f.png

"so why did we Stop the Steal?" - Because you're stupid. 

"Why did anyone go to jail?" - Because they're STUPID!!! 

"It would’ve been good to know that before (I) had all my money frozen, put on a no-fly list, banned from everything, lost all my bank and payment processing.”" - you have never had to pay for any of your actions, have you, Fuentes? You have never had any consequences come to bite you in the ass before, have you? Working against the Federal Government has consequences, and this one is a doozy. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/19/2024 at 7:29 AM, rawfuckingonly said:

"Murder"....Bull shit. Kiss my fucking ass "murder." (Not necessarily YOU personally. Rather anyone who buys into that rhetoric)

Chauvin stood on Floyd's neck until he stopped breathing - under which police department training is this not murder? Despite pleas from the crowd, and even from Deputy Lane, who was a rookie cop, attempted to help Floyd but was stopped. A rookie cop knew it's wrong, and you, rawfuckingonly, are still carrying Chauvin's balls? (translation from Bahasa Melayu "mengampu bodek" or "membodek", meaning 'to carry testicles'). This guy was convicted and sentenced to 22 1/2 years incarceration. He promised to tell us why he did this, and introduce new facts that would free him. Not a peep from him. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, rawfuckingonly said:

But that's how liberals are! "Criminals aren't bad people. Criminals are 'good people.' They just make bad choices." 

and yet, Dems chose a candidate for President who was firstly, "the chief of the Career Criminal Division, supervising five other attorneys, where she prosecuted homicide, burglary, robbery, and sexual assault cases—particularly three-strikes cases". (Wikipedia) 

Then, she was District Attorney of San Francisco from 2004 - 2011. Within six months of assuming this position, she "cleared 27 of 74 backlogged homicide cases.[37] She also pushed for higher bail for criminal defendants involved in gun-related crimes, arguing that historically low bail encouraged outsiders to commit crimes in San Francisco. SFPD officers credited Harris with tightening the loopholes defendants had used in the past." (Wikipedia) But, Harris also created a Hate Crimes Unit, focusing on hate crimes against LGBT children and teens in schools,[44] and supported A.B. 1160, the Gwen Araujo Justice for Victims Act.[45] As District Attorney, she created an environmental crimes unit in 2005.[46] Harris expressed support for San Francisco's sanctuary city policy of not inquiring about immigration status in the process of a criminal investigation.[47] In 2004, she created the San Francisco Reentry Division" (Wikipedia) 

She then ran, and won the election for Attorney General of California in 2010, and was the Attorney General from 2011-2017. Rawfuckingonly, please go to Wikipedia to read Harris' career as Attorney General of California. 

and finally, as US Senator for California, (2017-2021) Harris introduced the Dreamers Act, which regulates the legality of tax-paying, job-holding immigrants who came to the United States as minors, following their parents, as  the large majority of children do, when they migrated here. 

Seems pretty law and order to me. 

Q: So, it's a total lack of self-accountability on the part of the criminal? 

No, but there is a realisation that certain races, ethnicities and people of certain socio-economic statuses are unnecessarily singled out for prosecution (and persecution) by the police. By far, the overwhelming majority of police officers are white, and they bring their prejudices with them to their jobs. ([think before following links] https://www.statista.com/statistics/1357576/police-officers-ethnicity-us/)  

[think before following links] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6002151/ for published and peer-reviewed info. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Poz50something said:

(translation from Bahasa Melayu "mengampu bodek" or "membodek", meaning 'to carry testicles'). 

Today's teachable moment: the Malay Mail has an article about this very phrase. [think before following links] https://www.malaymail.com/news/opinion/2016/01/09/the-culture-of-mengampu-and-membodek/1037287

14 hours ago, rawfuckingonly said:

Yeah, I am indeed AWARE of that. I for one, have a BIG FUCKING PROBLEM with that and for multiple reasons. 

You haven't given us those reasons, so I'm not going to speculate. But I'm going to point out: a jury of twelve people unanimously found him guilty - and they didn't opt for second degree or manslaughter, but clearly found all of the elements of first-degree murder.

And the Minnesota Court of Appeals heard his appeal - and upheld his conviction. The Minnesota Supreme Court declined to hear his case based on the trial record. The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear the case as well.

So he was found guilty by a jury, and three higher level courts reviewed the conviction and declined to overturn it.

And bear in mind - there's no question that Chauvin DID the acts that caused Floyd's death. The question was purely legal - did those acts amount to murder?

I'll note this: when the death and videos first hit the news, the Louisiana (my home state)'s legislature was in session and some aspects of criminal justice reform were under discussion. At the time, the primary opponent to much of those reforms was a legislator who was a former deputy sheriff, who'd spent his entire career in law enforcement. He was (and is) the antithesis of a "those poor criminals" type of legislator, and he frequently sponsored bills to expand the reach of criminal law AND to protect law enforcement officers' rights and due process.

And he stood on the floor of the House and said he'd watched the videos and they made him sick to his stomach, and that the officer involved belonged in prison for a long, long time, if not the rest of his life.

I'll take his opinion over yours.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2