ARS fever... Or paranoia?

I might just be overreacting but a couple of weeks ago I bottomed unprotected with a guy I met on Craigslist. He said he was neg and disease free and was looking for the same only... But I know that people may lie or not really know their status.

Today I woke up feeling a little fatigued and then I started feeling a little warm. I took my temp- 99.6. I felt like I got a little warmer after that and I took my temp- 100.7 this time, then 101.6 a couple minutes later. The weird part is I wasn't feeling really feverish. No chills, no burning up.

I went out and I've been taking my temp for the past few hours. Temp has been ranging between 100.3 and 100.8. I don't understand why. I don't feel sick at all, and I don't even really feel feverish.

Knowing that this is the usual timeframe on which newly infected guys will experience ARS, I am getting very nervous. I just simply cannot explain where this temp is coming from. Am I overreacting? I want to go to CVS and buy an OraQuick test to get this question answered, but I'm so nervous. Thoughts?

I felt the same way at first. I knew something was up. But I tested negative during the seroconversion process with a fever of 102.5. Didn't test positive until 30 days after that, so the ora quick is not going to buy much peace of mind. I'd go to the doctor. You can even start meds right away now. Ask them for the test for the virus, not the anti-bodies. It's the only way to know at this point.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Too quick for oraquik. Waste of money at this point. If you are in USA you could go to local std clinic and get one of the newer HIV tests that detects exposure in the 11 to 45 day window. Would be a better use of funds at this stage.

understand we are in midst of cold/flu season, a more likely cause. That said I understand your concern...

Thanks for the responses guys. I actually under quoted the time it's been since the exposure, I later realized it was actually 4 weeks since the sex took place, which should be enough time for an OraQuick to pick up an infection. I did go and buy the OraQuick test out of panic, and it came up negative.

The temperatures I was showing earlier this evening actually came back down into the normal range, took my temp a few times and it ranged from 98.5-99.1, which is normal for me.

Honestly, I am looking at this from different perspectives as to what could have caused this random spike in my body temperature. A few weeks ago, I had pneumonia and though I took the antibiotics, a minor respiratory infection has started rebounding on me this past week, it is quite possible that my body just needed to raise its temp a bit to chase it out. I otherwise feel fine, I am not showing any other signs of what could possibly be a seroconversion. And doing a little bit of research, I've seen that the temps I've been showing aren't concurrent with seroconversion. I will see how I feel over the next few days and I'll keep you posted.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Still too brief a time for oraquick. Oraquick requires a good quantity of antibodies to form. You could be poz, with oraquick still showing neg. Waste of cash at this point. You need the virus detecting test to know, no home kit for that.