Do You Discuss HIV Status Before Barebacking?

rawTOP

Do You Discuss HIV Ststus Before Barebacking?  

546 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Discuss HIV Ststus Before Barebacking?

• Always
    • Usually, but not for anonymous sex
    • Only if I think he might be a different status than me
    • Almost never - only if asked
    • Never - avoid the question if asked

I would say my disclosure is situational

In blackout/Park/Anon scenes... No

On Hookup sites  I'll make illusions to it or say "I don't care"

If im talking to someone I wanna breed or I think is a chaser, yeah. As much a mays I wanna be THAT guy, I'm not. So, mostly I'm Upfront about it.

If my medical incident wasn't how got my gift, It likely came from Topping. but I gotta say hearing a dude growl in my ear,  telling me he's knocking me up is a turn on.

• Like 4

I never ask. It's none of my business. Generally I prefer to know as little about a man as possible, other than what sort of sex he wants from me. But that said, the words 'take my poz load' while he is doing me is guaranteed to melt my heart. I so love men.

2 hours ago, goonerstupid said:

I always ask when they were last screened for STIs and what happened after volunteering my own info! But not about HIV specifically.

I do the same, but you never know. No guarantee that the information provided is accurate. As for HIV, I just assume he has it. That's really all you can do if you're not on prep. Can't trust what people self-report.

Like others in this thread, if I learned that the other guy was poz detectable, that wouldn't necessarily stop me from having sex with him. Might actually motivate me even more ☺️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I find that fewer guys are concerned or even ask as so many guys are on PrEP or if poz are on meds. That being said, if asked I will disclose, but if they ask if I'm clean I always say yes....hate that question.  

I much prefer having sex with other poz guys or beg guys who are turned on by my poz status. Love being verbal about sharing my strain.....even though im undetectable 

i find most hook up aps/sites have a box you can check for HIV status. On dating sites, or those that are designed more for relationship, i always put "poz-undetectable" in my profile or tell anyone who asks. If i'm at a sex club or cruising location, i answer if asked, but cannot remember the last time any asked my status.  With the dating sites, i am surprised how much ignorance there is about HIV, still a lot of guys stuck in the 80's when it comes to HIV, it amazes me how many guys still use terms like "clean" or state: "HIV negative and plan to stay that way."  lol, the only absolute, fool proof plan i know of for remaining unexposed is no sex. 

No.  In the fuckjoints, I don't ask, and I can't say I remember ever being asked.  I simply assume that every Hole there I rut in might be positive for hiv, or any number of other bugs.  Having taken all the shots available, PReP, I have weighed the risks against my Lusts, and the Lusts won (with all the precautions taken).  I know what might happen, and I know how stopping sex altogether would impact me, my life.  Every guy gets to choose how to regulate his behavior, and hopefully every guy that chooses a lot of sex does so having taken every available precaution.  Maybe I'll wind up in some nursing home somewhere - maybe I'll get run down by a speeding car too. 

In any case, I'll have a smile on my mug, reflecting on how I've lived my life, and that's the best I can do.  

• Like 2

Before back in 2016, the subject seemed to come up, one way or the other, but then I began not asking or caring and began taking any and all that wanted. Since then, the subject does not come up for the most part, so I just present my tired old ass and if they want it, they take it, if not then so be it....