Definition of a Power Bottom

seaguy

Came across this post that defines a Power Bottom and could not agree with it more: http://www.gayguys.com/2014/07/real-definition-power-bottom/

Gay people like to expand their terminology on a daily basis. I particularly enjoy making up my own words on the D.L. and seeing how fast it spreads in the pipeline, but if there’s one thing I will never stand for it’s the misuse of them. “Power bottom” is becoming more than just a sexual prototype, but a kind of lifestyle most gay guys point to as flamboyant behavior. Trust me, this can’t be further from the truth.

I know what a power bottom is, honey, I’ve been identifying myself one for as long as I can remember. It’s not a typical gay boy that likes to get bottomed now and then. It’s a man with a very very strong sex drive for being penetrated extended lengths of time. He’s a man that has no qualms in how fast, how hard, or how big the penetrator is. His confidence is only heightened by his fierce ability to mesmerize any top he comes into contact with, making it the ideal bottoming experience. In other words, he’s a top’s fantasy come to life.

I don’t mean to make you jealous (well maybe I am), but since I started labeling myself a “power bottom,” I’ve received countless of offers from many different guys. The last thing any top wants is for a bottom to squirm and moan about pain. They don’t want to be reminded that it’s, in fact, anal sex, but they need to release their sexual aggression as if pain was nonexistent. This will always be found in a true power bottom.

Nothing pisses me off more than a poser pretending to be something he’s not. I’m sorry, but I thought this was the 21st century. As much as I hate labels, the gay community seems to be turning such lingo into adjectives regarding one’s attitude. “Power bottom” is now being tied to a guy’s personality rather than what he has to offer in the bedroom. If I see one more queen on Grindr claiming to be a power bottom, yet tells me he’s only had anal sex a few times, I’m going to scream.

A power bottom is more than just a size queen or horny toad. He’s a bottom that has tremendous experience, so much so that he can bend over at a moment’s notice and be equally as stimulated as his top. But that doesn’t mean he’s totally submissive. We quickly forget the thing that separates us from the rest of these so-called bottoms: the word POWER.

Power bottoms aren’t slutty just because they could ride a man for hours. They have an extensive amount of self-worth and value they carry with their sexual experiences. Being confident in who they are is the key ingredient to sexually intriguing their tops. It’s through this strategy we gain our power.

I hate to break it to you, but power bottoms, indeed, have more power than any other sexual prototype. We are the epitome of what a bottom should strive for, and no one should apologize for it. Not that there’s anything wrong with being versatile or enjoying a nice d**k from time to time. Hell, I’ve been known to bend a man over too, but when my back is flat on the bed, you better believe my limits are out the door where they belong.

So please, gay guys everywhere, stop labeling yourself a power bottom when you’re only experience of bottoming was with Ted, the bouncer at your favorite club, in the back ally way. Don’t kid yourself into thinking that just because you’re a go-go dancer, you have free reign to label yourself a power bottom. Fantasies like this will only make you and your man disappointed, especially when they experience a true power bottom and realize what they’ve been missing this whole time.

Edited by rawTOP
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators

Honestly, I have to disagree a bit. I feel like the term "power bottom" has been taken over by pushy, controlling bottoms who think they're more important than the top. That the top is there to serve their needs, not the other way around. IMHO, those folks aren't "power bottoms" - they're bad lays.

To me a power bottom is someone who is there to service and can take pretty much anything that's dished out to him for hours on end. He's the bottom other bottoms look at and think "how in the hell can he manage all that for so long?" Power bottoms have a lot of the characteristics that the guy mentioned, but they lack the arrogance. They're quietly self-confident - they don't need to make statements like "They have an extensive amount of self-worth and value" or "power bottoms, indeed, have more power than any other sexual prototype".

They're quietly self-confident - they don't need to make statements like "They have an extensive amount of self-worth and value" or "power bottoms, indeed, have more power than any other sexual prototype".

What's wrong with a power bottom being proud, if he can prove it?

• Administrators
What's wrong with a power bottom being proud, if he can prove it?

It's not the pride that's the problem, it's the expression of the pride. It doesn't suit someone who's primary role is service. I'd almost say the same thing of tops. A cocky, arrogant top can be a bad lay too. Self-assured is good, arrogant about it is bad.

Just to add to the mix, I wanted to share something I found written about what a Power Bottom is. I don't remember where I found it, yet I modified it somewhat to closer define what being a long-time Power Bottom is to me personally. There are many opinions and definitions on this subject...and here's mine:

The Power Bottom

A Power Bottom is, indeed, an unusual man. He has no real desire to fuck other men. As a man, his cock is important for sure, yet not the focus of his pleasure. Instead, he considers his man-cunt his primary sexual organ. He and his rare kind have learned the secret that true ecstasy "cums" from deep within. He knows this cannot be taught. Because few men ever discover this secret, relatively few men understand the mystery of being a Power Bottom. Those that do, harness the power they derive from it for their own

enjoyment and pleasure and that of the lucky men who fuck them. As a result, a true Power Bottom can take it as long as his Top can give it. He never tires of taking and giving pleasure with his ass. Frequently, it may take more than one Top-man to finish a Power Bottom off properly.

A Power Bottom does not feel threatened, belittled or feminized by another man’s cock in his ass. This type of man appreciates and understands his own masculinity. In fact, he judges his masculinity by how well and hard he takes his lover’s cock. For him, the highway to heaven is on another man’s cock. He also knows that to other men, the way to heaven is in his ass. He sees no contradiction in being a man that takes it in the ass from other men.

On the contrary, he further defines his masculinity by how well he satisfies his sexual partners. The true Power Bottom understands masculinity in all its permutations. He does not want, nor will he accept wimpy fucks. In fact, if and when he encounters one and cannot get that man to step up to the plate and fuck like a man, he can be very dismissive of them. He is a man and treats his lovers’ as such. In turn, he demands his lovers treat him and fuck him as the man he is.

He is not passive in the traditional sense. On the contrary, the Power Bottom is both assertive and aggressive. Unlike a bottom who often waits to be approached by other men, the Power Bottom will actively pursue his target. He makes things happen for himself and, more importantly therefore, for his chosen conquest. Even on an off night the Power Bottom never disappoints.

In his mind's eye, there is that one Drill Master who can satisfy him. The Top that not only understands his primal need to be penetrated and the ecstasy he feels from it, yet the power he possesses in the pleasure and ecstasy he gives the man who's primal need is to penetrate. The Power Bottom is always in pursuit of this one man. Some may confuse this with being whorish or slutful. Unlike some bottoms who are merely looking to get fucked as often and by as many men as possible, for the Power Bottom, having multiple sexual partners is merely his pursuit of that one Top, that one Drill Master he seeks.

Most Power bottoms prefer to be with that one man they envision and seek. Once found, the Power Bottom will always be ready to perform for his man and, if treated as the equal that he is, he will be fiercely loyal and faithful to that one man. However, depending on the "rules" of the relationship with his man, the Power Bottom will gladly accommodate other men. Unbelievably lucky is the Top who finds a true Power Bottom.

Most Power Bottoms are highly sexual men. Just as they are aware of their own masculinity, they appreciate and honor the masculinity they expect of their Tops as well. Revering that masculinity, the Power Bottom will not only tirelessly suck their lovers’ cock---the primary sexual organ of all other men---yet his balls, tits, pits and any other body parts that represent masculinity to him. Being focused on his own ass as his primary sexual organ and therefore highly aware of the pleasure he derives from it,

the Power Bottom may also lavish attention on his Tops' ass with his tongue. A true Top is comfortable in his masculinity and accepts and enjoys the erotic pleasure given by this act without feeling less of a man. Those that equate such ass-play as something less-than-masculine and either merely "tolerate" it or prevent it are not worthy of a Power Bottom.

As stated before, the Power Bottom is not passive. He is not content to lie there and let the Top do all the work. Instead, he will control to speed, rhythm and, indeed, the depth of penetration. As an equal, he will initiate position changes as well as eagerly oblige any requests for same. He will know when his partner is close and slow things down. This is only partially to prolong his Top's pleasure. The other part of the equation is that the Power Bottom is simply not done with or yet fully satisfied by his Top’s cock.

As a sexual partner that is a true equal to his Top, the Power Bottom will therefore relax his Top, give him immense pleasure and control both of their orgasms. When pleasing his Top, a Power Bottom can bring him to the brink of ecstasy only to abruptly stop. A Power bottom will do this until the Top can no longer resist and begins to drill his ass which, of course, is the purpose of the sexual taunting in the first place. As his Top drives forward forcefully in an instinctive rut, the Power Bottom’s true skills are come to light. He takes it in the ass and he takes it like a man. Again, he is not emasculated by this and neither does his Top think he is. Instead, they are empowered by the act of fiercely penetrating/being penetrated by another man who is their equal.

When a Power Bottom meets a true Total Top, the pairing is exciting and mutually satisfying. Recognizing and celebrating their equality, each will attempt to bring the other to ever-higher levels of gratification. Desires are shared. The trust between the partners then allow those desires to be elevated to needs. At the most basic level of this powerful coupling, the Power Bottom’s hole will always crave his Total Top’s cock. In surrendering his hole to his Top, he exposes those insatiable needs to be penetrated and bred by another man. His man. In doing so, he makes his Top succumb to his own insatiable needs to penetrate and breed another man. His man. The interaction of giving and taking pleasure becomes supremely powerful. Nurtured, the resulting ecstasy of this bond can transcend from purely sexual to a deeply emotional experience for both.

A Power Bottom's desire for such a connection doesn’t fade with time. Even when he's found the one man he's sought, familiarity with his Top’s cock makes him want and need it even more. As assertive and aggressive as the Power Bottom is in his own masculinity, he will never be able to resist the advances of his true Total Top. This, gentlemen, is the match made in sexual heaven.

Guest Pwrfkme06

I would say power bottom in my terms is me.

I love to get fucked as hard as the too wants and always balls deep. As a power bottom I feel it is best to get into the action and move that ass to get slammed good hard and deep.

I want a man to own my ass when he fucks it.

Eh I don't quite agree with the article. In all honesty I thought that a power bottom meant a pushy bottom. I've known pushy bottoms that basically demand they get fucked or they'll raise hell. I don't like that. I don't like bottoms that believe they deserve and need to get fucked. Hell I met a leather top when I was younger who would literally shove his dick raw and dry into bossy, arrogant, bottoms until they bled or just threw them out. I disagree with the part about how a power bottom should be assertive and approach the top and not wait to be approached.

I don't believe there is any dishonor or negativity in a bottom or submissive waiting to be approached. A funny contradiction too is that the one who did the article mentions "a power bottom isn't as submissive". That's putting it in a way that being submissive is a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with being submissive. Just like there is nothing wrong with being versatile. A bottom or person who can be calm, patient, and respectful and not gloat about it or need to. Those are the ones that get noticed. I'm sorry but really the one who wrote the article sounds like an egotistical, arrogant, and vocal queen.

But then again that's just my opinion. I was taught...raised sexually to be more patient, obedient, and observant. And then the other natural qualities I have too. I'm not the best bottom. I'm not the best top. There are some days I have off where bottoming doesn't feel good for me or just can't into topping. But I do respect the hell out of tops and bottoms that don't have to advertise what they are or how good they are and show it by their own characteristics and skills. Those are the men I want to have fun with and learn from too. Honestly, it's articles like this that really make me dislike the gay community as a whole. Because unfortunately, it's kind of a representation of it. Fortunately, it's just one guy's opinion.

Edited by fuckboy20

To me a power bottom is someone who is there to service and can take pretty much anything that's dished out to him for hours on end. He's the bottom other bottoms look at and think "how in the hell can he manage all that for so long?" Power bottoms have a lot of the characteristics that the guy mentioned, but they lack the arrogance. They're quietly self-confident - they don't need to make statements like "They have an extensive amount of self-worth and value" or "power bottoms, indeed, have more power than any other sexual prototype".

Well stated RT. "Quietly self-confident". I'd like to be described that way. As for being the most powerful of the sexual archetypes? That is ridiculous, He who has the hard on will always hold the power in that hierarchy.

I have to totally agree with RawTop on this one.... A powerbottom is a man who's primary sexula satisfaction comes from being fucked by another man and bringing that man to orgasm.

There are some guys I've met who accurately describe themselves as "bossy"bottoms. They're the guys who take dick, but always seem like they're trying to run the show. Not my style.

I think the "power" of the power bottom is the ability to read a top for what his needs and likes are and provide the man fucking him with the best hole to fill, in the hopes that he will be able to excite the fucker enough to drop his load of semen. For me the game between top and bottom has always been a little bit of cat and mouse. The top fucks the bottom, to elicit a response from the bottom, but doesn't want to lose his cum so he can keep fucking. The bottom wants to excite the top to such a degree that the top has no choice but to drain his balls.

A great powerbottom can live on that chase