Go To BB Sex Parties? How Often Do You Get STDs?

rawTOP

How often do you get STDs at sex parties?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you get STDs at sex parties?

• Almost never
    • Rarely
    • More often than I'd like
    • Frequently

Guest MightyMouth

For anybody poz I think this should be a big concern because of how laws are written around disclosure of status. Even if you have private health insurance your doctor may still be required to report certain things to Public Health which I could blowing up and cause some big problems. The fear of something like that happening is probably a deterrent for people to seek treatment. But guys, we have to be responsible to one another and responsible for our selves. Thank you for raising this issue rawTOP and getting people talking about it.

For anybody poz I think this should be a big concern because of how laws are written around disclosure of status. Even if you have private health insurance your doctor may still be required to report certain things to Public Health which I could blowing up and cause some big problems. The fear of something like that happening is probably a deterrent for people to seek treatment.

This can be a very serious problem. The state here requires all health care providers, public and private, to report people diagnosed with STDs by name (along with contact information) to a state agency.

Worse, a lot of the testing agencies downplay this by advertising their services as "confidential," which obviously, it isn't at all if they're turning your medical records over to the government. Considering that one of the things the state does is send you a letter casually informing you that they can lock you up if they disapprove of your activities sufficiently, it's not surprising that I've met people who are nervous about being tested and treated and I even met one guy a few years back who had worked out an elaborate system for self-diagnosis and obtaining prescription antibiotics in order to fly under the radar of the state.

Imagine if the state did that to parents who sent their kids to school with the flu, which is spreading a far more deadly disease than most STDs.

This can be a very serious problem. The state here requires all health care providers, public and private, to report people diagnosed with STDs by name (along with contact information) to a state agency.

Worse, a lot of the testing agencies downplay this by advertising their services as "confidential," which obviously, it isn't at all if they're turning your medical records over to the government. Considering that one of the things the state does is send you a letter casually informing you that they can lock you up if they disapprove of your activities sufficiently, it's not surprising that I've met people who are nervous about being tested and treated and I even met one guy a few years back who had worked out an elaborate system for self-diagnosis and obtaining prescription antibiotics in order to fly under the radar of the state.

thats awful. Why on earth does the state have the right to know whether or not youve has an STD???

what on earthn would they lock you up for?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've gone to a couple BB parties and numerous bathhouses, ABS, theatres, hookups from CL over a 4-year period and never caught anything. Last month I was involved in three separate groups (over three weeks) at a local bathhouse and finally caught gonorrhea for the first time ever. It was an easy treat and I'm fine now. It really is the luck of the draw.

As a top if you get something what do you guys tell the doc when you pick something up? The doc will ask if you did BB and if you say yes and you are poz, then don't you get 'the lecture' on safer sex? does a red flag go up against you name in some system if you are poz and admit to bb? or do you simply lie with and 'uuuhhh.. i dunno how i got it doc'?

i've gotten chlamydia a few times - from one on one sex in each situation! most guys usually don't know if they have chlamydia, but I always know within 48 hours - my cock lets me know right away. still hiv- as of 03/16/2012 - i go every 3 months for testing.