County Health Officials Get Court Order To Stop Hiv-Infected Man

seaguy

Ehh I cant agree with that, its 50/50.  

the neg person should always ask, and the HIV+ person should always be upfront and truthful, especially when its in a one on one hookup situation.  Bathhouses and sex parties are a different situation 

I totally agree.. Each one, poz and neg need to take responsiblity. It's not fully up to the neg person to be honest. It's a two way street. 

I wonder . . .

"Golden said it’s not the department’s business to monitor decisions made by two consenting adults — even if it’s risky behavior."

"'That is a decision you’re entitled to make in this society,' he said. 'Public health doesn’t get involved in that.'"

"But, he added: 'This is not an instance where two knowledgeable consenting adults took a risk.'"

And perhaps this is one of those things one shouldn't say out loud, but, the article keeps bouncing around in my head. From the psedonymn AO, to the way the the county is taking a fairly gentle stance, to the quote above. It keeps rattling around in my head like there is a story behind the story.

Is it possible that, instead of AO being a "stealther," that AO is actually mentally disabled? I don't say that lightly, but it's the way Golden speaks, like AO is less a non-compliant patient putting others at risk, and more a misguided child that simply doesnt understand the consequences of his actions, that keeps bugging me.

• 2 weeks later...

These days it's not even safe to judge someone, as to if they did or did not disclose, because even if they did disclose, who's to say the people who reported him didn't lie afterwards? Wanting to get poz or just the fantasy of wanting it, or wanting fucked by a guy who is poz can lead to bad things afterwards, especially if the person who is at risk or got poz doesn't know the facts and how it can change your one's life.

If the person did lie to them, I feel sorry for them, but only if they asked before hand if he was postive or not. I don't side with "victims" anymore who refuse to ask and still go bareback. It's on them, in my opinion.