Join Us For The Launch Of Bareback Bears

barebackbears

I joined it too but every time you try to log in, it sends a new log in confirmation to you email address. Have never seen such a dumb site that does not work. i think if the owners of the site cannot get the most basic things right like log in , whats the point !

I joined it too but every time you try to log in, it sends a new log in confirmation to you email address. Have never seen such a dumb site that does not work. i think if the owners of the site cannot get the most basic things right like log in , whats the point !

Are you sure you are using the right browser?  I just set up an account (with Chrome) and it works fine.

The registration system was borked for several hours (probably all day) yesterday, until about 11:30 p.m. Central time. That was my fault.

However, the login system is definitely not broken. It's just a new way of doing things.

We don't want to store user passwords on our system because people tend to invent very lame ones, and reuse them over and over again, and frequently forget them. We decided it was time to do away with passwords altogether.

1. The first time you visit, if the system has never seen you before, it will ask you to register.

2. You then receive an email containing a token good for one login on any device (like a public computer), or a link that will keep you logged in indefinitely on the device that you received that message.

Most people will choose to stay logged in on their PC, tablet, and phone, so they only have to deal with one email each for those devices.

Most people use their primary email account on their smartphone, so if they're away from home and would like to use someone else's computer, they can receive a token good for one login on their phone and not have to worry about leaving themselves logged in on a computer they don't control.

(Of course they could just use their phone or tablet instead of someone else's PC, but some people prefer the comfort of a monitor, mouse and keyboard wherever possible. I know I do.)

For the record, we don't try to figure out who is a "bear" or a "daddy", but if you're not those types or into those types of men, you will probably not receive a lot of attention from the guys who are. ;)

Edited by barebackbears

• 3 weeks later...

NEWS from Bareback Bears

NEW LOGIN POLICY

We have switched to a standard email/password login system. This will eliminate the confusion caused by our former login system, while keeping its main benefits.

To activate standard login, logout of your current session (if online), visit the home page, and follow the 'lost password?' link. The system will generate a new temporary password and mail it to you.

COMING SOON

1. VIDEO LOUNGE

We put this feature on hold until the login problem was dealt with, now we're tightening the bolts and preparing to install this feature permanently.

2. NEW SEARCH MODES

Search By Text and Search By Language

SHOW AND TELL

Bareback Bears is awesome on a phone or tablet. Show your friends!

Bareback Bears
https://barebackbears.net
Masculinity... without the wrappings

Edited by barebackbears

• 4 weeks later...

NEWS from Bareback Bears

VIDEO LOUNGE NOW ONLINE

Members can now upload personal videos up to 100 MB. Please upload only videos that are in the public domain, or videos that you made yourself.

BEWARE: This is a complex feature that will take some time to perfect.
Please report any problems you discover to support@barebackbears.net

SEARCH BY KEYWORD

You can now search for member profiles containing one or more keywords. At present, the system performs a simple match against each member's description and tags, but the feature can be made more sophisticated if popularity warrants.

SEARCH BY LANGUAGE

Want to chat with someone in a language other than English? Now you can search members by which language(s) they speak.

COMING SOON

The next feature in the pipeline is Public Chat.

SHOW AND TELL

Bareback Bears

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

NEWS from Bareback Bears

MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER NOW SUPPORTED

Version 10 or higher, including Windows Phone 7. 

Bareback Bears is now compatible with all modern browsers on Android, ChromeOS, iOS, Linux, MacOS, Windows, and Windows Phone.

SHOW AND TELL

Bareback Bears

• 1 month later...

NEWS FROM BAREBACK BEARS

PUBLIC CHAT NOW ONLINE

Logged-in members can now chat with each other in our IRC-style
chatroom. The chatroom is unmoderated and very basic, but will be
improved over time to support private member-defined channels if the
feature is popular.

SEARCH BY KEYWORDS

Search By Keywords is fixed, you can now search the text and tags of
member profiles for keywords of interest.

COMING SOON

The next feature in the pipeline is a modest Forum.

SHOW AND TELL

Bareback Bears

• 2 weeks later...

Just created a profile but couldn't login. Very frustrating. Not hot. I gave up and probably won't bother again. You can delete my profile if you want since it will just frustrate anyone who might hit on it.

Thanks for bringing the problem to our attention.

We think the problem is fixed now, and we invite anyone who never received a password to re-register.

Do you still want me to delete your account? The "lost password?" link should restore access to your account if the password you were sent doesn't work.

PROTIP: Do not use a Private / Incognito tab to visit our site. It's not necessary (we don't place trackers on your browser, nor do we allow third parties to do so), and it may cause the site to malfunction.

If you're worried about trackers, try the EFF's Privacy Badger extension: 

https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

has anybody else had trouble signing up?  They issue a password which is invalid.

I'll try again when the site has its kinks worked out.

I've seen you online several times in the last week, so I'm going to assume you worked things out. ;)

• 5 months later...