London For New Year's

BradStevens

Excited to have just booked a ticket to London for New Year's this year. Arrive Wed 12/30 in the morning and will spend the first two or three nights at the HI Express Limehouse so close to all you East End boys and hot spots. Looking forward to checking out Buff on Wednesday and the Chariots Shoreditch and taking loads from East End blokes and skins especially.

On Saturday I move over to the Travelodge in Vauxhall for the weekend to take anon loads in my hotel room and from men going to and coming from the bars and at the Hoist. Will probably get a weekend pass to the Locker Room as well.

Total bottom here. Hit me up if you want to load this hole when I'm in town!

post-38600-0-75491000-1441162354_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys... sorry to be a PITA, but here goes.

So am thinking of moving to the HI Express in Mayfair as this is a nicer property and a lot closer to the things I'll be doing when I'm NOT getting fucked. Yes, I do have other interests like art, theater, and good food. I am a gay man, after all. So what are your thoughts about a hotel in the Mayfair section? It seems to be very centrally located, is just a 15min walk from the bars and clubs in Soho and easy to get to from all parts of London. It sounds like I am leaning this way over Vauxhall (at least for two nights) and looking for some sort of approval from the locals who know the ins and outs of hosting in London. 

Does anyone know if the rooms at the HI Express Mayfair are accessible without a key card?

Hi Brad -

Good idea to drop the Travelodge idea; they are and Premier Inns are the best cheap UK hotels but in my experience they require your keycard to even get out of the reception area so that you can get to the corridors and lifts (some even need the keycard to open to the main front door I think, late at night.) You'd have to accompany anyone in basically, which is do-able, I've never been questioned by staff about that, but only taking in one guest. More than that and I've heard they sometimes surprise people with an extra charge for a "cot" in the morning! The receptions and lobby areas are very small. Also the Vauxhall one is noisy the higher up you are because of trains.

Vauxhall and Lambeth are great areas for gay venues and gay residents but the horniest guys will be willing to travel that little bit across the river. Holiday Inns seem the best chain hotels for discreet access to rooms here (I live in London), and I've heard that the Russell Square / Bloomsbury one and the Kings Cross one are easiest (and I should *ahem* be able to confirm that personally sometime next week, haha!) I think there may be a difference with the the Holiday Inn *Expresses* (as opposed to Holiday Inns) There's one of those at Vauxhall too a stone's throw from the Hoist. Have you been to the Hoist before? Or the Vault? Afraid I don't know much about the Mayfair or Gloucester Road HI's, but they will put you near the V&A, History Museum, Science Museum, Knightsbridge.

Do you mean Holiday Inn Mayfair on Berkeley Street? I just looked and no Express in Mayfair (it's a very upmarket area). If so, it should be standard access. I'll try and check it out next time I'm in the area. Easy walk to Soho, where most of the gay venues are anyway. Better location for doing everything you want to do from a mainstream/cultural point of view. 

Love to load you by the way!