Buying a sling... advice?

AirmaxUK

I'm looking at getting a sling to use at home. 

I'm after something well made that can be erected and put away when necessary. I'm considering whether to put some fixings in the ceiling (from joists in the attic) to hang a sling from or buy something with a frame or even make something myself. 

So... guys who own slings - any advice on what to go for? What works well and what doesn't? 

Any recommendations (particularly in the UK/EU) ?

I've had someone advise me to replace chains with rope to make it quieter (I live in an apartment, so loud noise is an issue) which was something I didn't think of. 

A. 

I've recently bought the RED Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Leather Sling Frame Package. It comes in in 13 parts, not including the sling and chains and I can up it up and take it down in 10 to 15 minutes. The chains can be noisy, but leather straps can be fucking expensive, use cable ties, quick and cheap and it means the sling can be raised or lowered in seconds. Bolting something to the ceiling is find if you; own the building, are staying there for years or are bloody sure who ever puts the bolts in knows what they're doing. If you're renting, you'll never explain those bolts to the landlord!

It could be the best thing I've ever bought, no home should be without one (LOL)

Before I bought my own, I'd only played in slings that were bolted from the ceiling.  I really didn't think I wanted a frame.  But as I rent, I did end up going with a frame---and now I'm very glad I did.  I can take my sling to motel sex parties, to the woods when I go to a gay campground and to other men's homes if they can't make it to my playroom.  It erects in minutes and, as it's tubular aluminum, light but sturdy.  I also opted to go with a taller version as I am 6'3".  (Standard is 6' High, mine is 6.5')

Mine is by https://www.jimsupport.com/

I realize that might not help in the UK.

And a picture of it in use....just because.....

5way9.JPG

I agree with @FelchingPisser on this (as well as most things). I've had both and the framed ones are SO much more versatile. I have travelled with it, set it up in hotels, outdoors, loaned it to other pigs....  JimSupport is an amazing company, but I've rented from Ft Troff as well at IML and MAL.

21 minutes ago, phukhole said:

I agree with @FelchingPisser on this (as well as most things). I've had both and the framed ones are SO much more versatile. I have travelled with it, set it up in hotels, outdoors, loaned it to other pigs....  JimSupport is an amazing company, but I've rented from Ft Troff as well at IML and MAL.

Thanks for the kind words, Phukhole.  I would love to fuck and felch that hole of yours!  I have used the Fort Troff ones, too.  No problems with them--I just seem to like the thicker pipe frame of jimsupport.