Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

991 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

On 9/7/2017 at 3:48 PM, rawTOP said:

I'm thinking I'll have a vanilla hookup site and people start there, and then to get access to the raunchy hookup sites guys have to be vouched for by a trusted member. That means guys will probably need to have sex with someone to get vouched for. Good idea? bad idea?

I would suspect that there will be flakes trying to get into the "approved" section regardless, and you'll wind up with complaints about this, that, and every other thing if you depend on recommendations from trusted members.  Stuff like 1)  "beginner" says "I tried to hook up with T.M. so & so, but he wouldn't blah blah blah.  Then, the reverse:  "Trusted member" reports that "beginner" so and so was evasive in his intentions, unprepared it his mindset, unreliable, blah blah blah.  

Building a reliable network of T.M.'s would be a fantastic idea - but they might get tired of putting up with the wannabee's.  The business model is First Class, and my mutze is off to you for coming up with it.  I just don't know how you'd deal with all the disappointed wannabee's.  

The situation would be even more deplorable for men hearing the call to the LeatherLife.  Since Leathersex is all about Control, both self and other-generated, and not all about wanton Breeding, including that component might be an even bigger headache, since there would definitely need to be a "filter" of some sort.  There are guys running around this burg that have not one iota of a clue what the LeatherLife is about, yet think they know it all.  You surely don't want to get mixed up in that potential mess.  It's to the point that I'm gradually selling a lot of my scene-gear.  

I got so tired of it that I just quit using any of those apps, after trying almost every one of them out.  Fortunately, I live in Fort Breedingdale, where everything is so easy to get it's surprising the City doesn't tax us "per load" around here.  Hope the mayor isn't reading this ... and he may very well be ... 

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2022 at 7:32 PM, Vancityaladdin said:

Have you guys used Holehunter.com ?  The site kinda popped up out of no where.

Same with Bestcumdumps.com

I had never heard of either one. What are your impressions of the two Web sites, @Vancityaladdin?

What I found...

Both are mobile Web sites, à la BBRT, rather than apps. This is to be expected given rules against overt, public sexual content in official app stores.

Holehunter reminds me of cruisingforsex but with a modern, location-aware user interface. It lists public sex locations either near your cell phone (if you grant location access) or near an arbitrary location that you specify (a welcome, privacy-preserving alternative, plus a way to plan before leaving the house or before traveling).

In my area, at least, every park restroom is included, even if there's no history of cruising, so I wonder whether some kind of park restroom list was used to seed the site. In my area, the information for cruising spots other than park restrooms is more specific, more detailed, and more interesting.

The bestcumdumps home page reads like a fake site or like a page written for purposes of "search engine optimization" (SEO). The latter involves repeating key words in text, so that a Web page will rank higher when people search for those words on Google. The text suggests that the site provides advice to cumdumps, via a newsletter; it didn't seem directly relevant to those of us who are tops. I don't know for sure, though, because accessing site content and/or the newsletter requires giving a working e-mail address, to which a verification link or code will be sent.

My advice to anyone who signs up for any adult service or site, and indeed, for any unfamiliar online service, is to use a non-identifying, single-purpose e-mail address.

With a separate GMail or Outlook account, you can create such addresses by adding the + symbol and some random text after your account name and before the @ sign. For example, e-mail sent to mynamelessaccount+bestcumdumps@gmail would go to mynamelessaccount@gmail. Unfortunately, validation rules on some sites forbid +. You can get around some validation rules by putting %2B instead of + but some rules forbid % too, and in any case, encoding + as %2B was meant for a different purpose entirely.

GMail ignores some punctuation in account names. For example, you can insert one or more . wherever you want, and move them around, to achieve what look to sites like different e-mail addresses. Mail sent to my.nameless.account@gmail would go to mynamelessaccount@gmail. The drawback is that it becomes difficult to remember which punctuation pattern you used for which site.

Last but not least, people who pay a small monthly fee to subscribe to Apple iCloud can create random e-mail addresses using a recent feature called Hide My Email. Although iCloud isn't free, this privacy-preserving feature is worth its weight in gold. Unlike the free alternatives mentioned above, iCloud Hide My Email lets you track your random addresses so you know what sites they are for. It also lets you delete an address when you want to stop receiving messages from a particular site. (You'd have to use blocking or hiding rules in GMail or Outlook, and from the site's perspective, the e-mail address would still show as valid, inviting more e-mails.)

Edited by fskn
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:32 PM, Vancityaladdin said:

Have you guys used Holehunter.com ?  The site kinda popped up out of no where.

Same with Bestcumdumps.com

When I saw this post, I sniffed around a bit too.  In my area, both were heavily dependent on public parks/spaces, most of which I'd never heard of because I never go to them.  There were some of the infamous local bars/fuckclubs, which I already know about.  I don't imagine I'll bother with either of these.  It makes me wonder who's behind these. In the fuckjoints, either they're there to fuck or get fucked, with none of the potential risk of arrest.  I know some guys find that risk exciting somehow, but I've never been arrested for fucking in public, and I reckon I'll keep it that way.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hntnhole said:

When I saw this post, I sniffed around a bit too.  In my area, both were heavily dependent on public parks/spaces, most of which I'd never heard of because I never go to them.  There were some of the infamous local bars/fuckclubs, which I already know about.  I don't imagine I'll bother with either of these.  It makes me wonder who's behind these. In the fuckjoints, either they're there to fuck or get fucked, with none of the potential risk of arrest.  I know some guys find that risk exciting somehow, but I've never been arrested for fucking in public, and I reckon I'll keep it that way.

I always try to keep out for sites that slip under the SEO. Yeah I know the app stores aren't giving us what we deserve but even Grindr requires you to have a Gmail account because they IP ban anything related to you if they want to ban, and it apparently is happening to more and more guys. 

I found both of these sites from the Twitter gay scene so I was curious if I was the one who was out of the loop or are these guys just trying to slip into the hook up app list as if we wouldn't notice lol.

Finding a gay adult search engine is difficult enough as it is, I just have this gut feeling like there's a really good site with fantastic interface right underneath our noses.

Or maybe that's wet day dreaming.

I'm just honestly frustrated we don't have as many gloryholes as we should. C'mon guys, the CDC recommends gloryhole usage during a pandemic too

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the following email on NKP:

I am into **** but I am looking for a little closer to my age.

To which I responded:

May I ask why you contacted me then?  I can’t get any younger.

There is a 23 year age gap.  I found this odd.

In the past i had many profiles at many sites & honestly i find generally it's full of flakes & liars, i don't like men that are not honest anyway, a little lie i have no problem with but these sites promote liars. I also find most sites if not all are a total waste of my time & maybe it could be because i am always on the go & traveling so much that i just find it a lot easier to go by word of mouth & cruising outdoors for sex when i want sex than spending hours online back & forth with the most mundane questions about hooking up with a random guy only to hear on the last minute some kind of B.S why he cannot make it or why he did not show up at the agreed time & place.

I know online 99.9% of guys are a waste of time & i prefer to meet genuine men who are real & not a fantasy man that goes to the gym 7 days a week & works out etc etc but in reality has never done any sports in his life let alone is fit or ever has seen a gym besides on tv. No no no thank you.

My exception might be in the future Squirt but i did notice a while back that site is going downhill fast with promoting more the straight crowd which is fine if you are a straight site which it is not & the so called i fucked my girlfriend video's are not fooling anyone when the girlfriend changes every week to another skank.

As for now i don't want to belong to any site & only joined this site because of some positive reviews but i know & have heard about the negative judgemental things too, so i keep my post limited & don't use certain words etc or suggest certain things, i am an adult & not a child so petty issues are of no interest to me, i will not give my view on warning points because again here i find it all too childish as this is an adult site & a stern warning should be quit enough for most if not all but each to there own.

I understand the rules & regulations so i keep my posts within these bounderies & guidelines as i do not wish to offend anyone child minded or otherwise.

14 minutes ago, manhole4use said:

I watched on a program recently an insight in to dating sites that use out - sources via recruitment companies to create totally fake profiles to lock there members online with fake dates or suggestions to do the same again. so i hope the real men realise they are being exploited from the very site they are members of to gain more customers with a date that is never going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually had great luck using both Sniffies and BBRT in LA and Palm Springs over the 4th of July weekend. Those are the only 2 I know for sure that I still have an active account on, so others may work there as well. I forgot to look at Doublelist, I think my account is still active on that one as well. My problem with all of them here in Portland is no one actually hooks up. Doublelist is even weirder locally, it seems to be the go to app for guys looking for a buddy to hangout with locally, the posts don't even mention sex.

• 2 weeks later...

For me I guess I'll continue using apps.   Where I live we don't have bathhouses or adult bookstores, so for me to actually meet someone it has to be through the use of apps.   Grindr seems to be my go-to app and has been very helpful, except it doesn't have any actual poz tops listed.   None of the members tell the truth about their status on the app, so if you're interested in only looking for poz you're out of luck because all the members in my area only list themselves as Neg, and that's fine if you're looking for vanilla sex.   

The question really is how easy it is to find sex using an online tool and which one would that be. In reality, tools will help you locate potential sexual partners but if you’re not an interesting person (either physically or personality-wise) no app in the world would help you. 

Exception made if you have a big dick and are a top. Then you can be ugly as sin and dumb as a doorknob and bottoms will line up. 

• Like 3