If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,744 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

On 11/19/2010 at 5:51 AM, ashattacks said:

Considering i started "playing" with boys my age when i was 5/6.

I started jerking off when i was 9 (i went through 2 teddy bears in 6 months)

And i lost my glorious V when i was 11.

I was cruising ManJam, Gay Romeo and Gaydar when i was 12 (though once speaking in private i was always open and honest about my age) and i got a hell of a lot of offers.

Now that i'm a bit older, i wouldnt change they way i went at all.

It's made me who i am today, smart, savy (i'm head of the school news paper, head of prom comittee, on the student Representative board, prefect for my year, i have a freelance job and an internship!)

And the craziest thing is, most of the stuff i have learnt in life that has gotten me this far, i learnt when i was 12/13 from meeting guys!

Everyone matures at a different speed, i matured fast, but i know some guys my age that are still virgins.

I have always believed that age is no barrier (i date men twice my age most of the time).

What happens behind closed doors, is no body's business except the boys/men that are experiencing it.

Simple as that :)

Twin bro  ~ b 4  5/6 Started to shave summer I turned 12.  Hormones a *plenty* WAY before becoming a teen. I KNEW what I wanted.... When Mom/Dad & twin went to The Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) I was a PRECOCIOUS 'crotch-watcher'.... and would 'get caught'....STARING. I also had developed a 'technique' for contact....I spy out a guy with a BIG bulge.... in a crowd (The State Fair was PRIME territory)...as he passed, I √ out his BULGE.... turn around.... PASS him...then stop, looking around...standing directly in his path.....(out of the corner of my eye) when he was 2-3 steps away, I'd turn around 'looking off in the distance'.... if he were coming from my (L) I'd turn my left hand 'palm open' - thumb by left pants pocket... subtly take 1/2 step forward...so as to slow his gate...as my palm brushes across his bulge {completely LIMP hand-so as to conceal INTENDED contact) . . .  making SURE to keep that 'off in the distance querying look' !!  This is the FIRST time I have shared my antics....with ANYONE !  How exhilarating  !                                          

• Like 1
  • Piggy 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

If folks want no age of consent, fine; shoot yourself out into space, colonize Mars or wherever, and setup your own rules.

Society on this planet isn't just about you; it's about others too.  Just because you liked getting fucked by a teacher @ 12 does not mean everybody did.  A lot of alter boys did NOT like it, so are you going to force them to like it?!  No, and that's slippery slope that backfires if you were to try.  And on the flip side, it's clear some people don't understand "no".  Were Nancy Reagan to come back from the grave, she'd tell us that "Just Say No" doesn't work on folks who force themselves onto others.

Were I to have kids, I'd have no problem with them experimenting with their classmates/playmates; but if I were to find a teacher or priest in the mix ... well I'd make sure your life, for what it's worth, was Hell on Earth.  If my kid were to tell me that they actually did like that, well ... that's bridge I'd have to cross.  But don't jump to conclusions that everyone's being oppressed and nobody benefits from the law.

Edited by chipygmalion80
typo
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chipygmalion80 said:

Were Nancy Reagan to come back from the grave

What a nightmarish thought !!!  

Actually, I chose 16 years old.  If we're old enough to drive a car, we should be legally able to drive a Cock deep in a hot Hole too.  Admittedly, it's Fri night, and I've got almost a week's worth to pitch in a little while, so pardon my typing with my Lusts foremost in my mind.  It's absolutely true though, that some guys just aren't emotionally  ready to start having sex at 16 - or 26 - or 36. I think those guys are in the minority, Some "skills" are learned later than age 16, which is fortuitous for the bottoms.  But once a kid discovers his Cock, figures out what it's there for, he's gonna start using it.  And if he's lucky, he'll start using it on his buddies !!

It's all about Cock/Hole/Sperm

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/30/2021 at 8:12 PM, Morningglorie said:

Twin bro  ~ b 4  5/6 Started to shave summer I turned 12.  Hormones a *plenty* WAY before becoming a teen. I KNEW what I wanted.... When Mom/Dad & twin went to The Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) I was a PRECOCIOUS 'crotch-watcher'.... and would 'get caught'....STARING. I also had developed a 'technique' for contact....I spy out a guy with a BIG bulge.... in a crowd (The State Fair was PRIME territory)...as he passed, I √ out his BULGE.... turn around.... PASS him...then stop, looking around...standing directly in his path.....(out of the corner of my eye) when he was 2-3 steps away, I'd turn around 'looking off in the distance'.... if he were coming from my (L) I'd turn my left hand 'palm open' - thumb by left pants pocket... subtly take 1/2 step forward...so as to slow his gate...as my palm brushes across his bulge {completely LIMP hand-so as to conceal INTENDED contact) . . .  making SURE to keep that 'off in the distance querying look' !!  This is the FIRST time I have shared my antics....with ANYONE !  How exhilarating  !                                          

so if you're that liberated, why not drop the meds?

The legal age of consent in the UK is 16 across the board. I would keep it at that, which some might think a tad hypocritical given I was sexually active before that. But there it is. As another poster has said, there have to be some parameters in any society and 16 seems sensible to me. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

This is an interesting one. I’ve got a friend who turned 30 the other month, supposedly straight, never so much as kissed a girl. Every time I talk about sex, it’s [banned word] and naughty. He’s mentally not ready for it (brainwashed by ultra religious family. Shame, as he’s super hot too!)

Me, at about 8 I knew I was attracted to older guys, but not ready for it. By 13 I was well ready though.

Theoretically, it would be nice to leave the boys (I presume we're talking about gay boys) approach some how and older and more experienced male. However I don't know any safe way for the "approach" thing. When I was 12 I was horny. I would  be scared to get  fucked or anything  but if I  had  someone (in his 20s maybe) who would let me touch him  and jerk together I would be okay. Theoretically again, someone would listen to his body and would approach someone. But that's all... theoretical and utopian.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I think if we were to do it right, the "age of adulthood" would have not much to do with chronology, and a LOT to do with maturity. I've known people well into their 20s (and probably older) who didn't seem mature enough for adult responsibility.

We could have some kind of test... of course then people would cheat on it, and bribe their way out of it, and like that.

Never mind.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

I think if we were to do it right, the "age of adulthood" would have not much to do with chronology, and a LOT to do with maturity. I've known people well into their 20s (and probably older) who didn't seem mature enough for adult responsibility.

We could have some kind of test... of course then people would cheat on it, and bribe their way out of it, and like that.

Never mind.

This is why the law deals with chronological ages only, not the question of maturity or whether the age makes someone mentally capable of making sound decisions and choices. People that are well into consenting age make bad decisions all the time -- drunk driving, DUI, walking into a crowded venue and opening fire on civilians, knifing someone in a crowd, you get the idea. Unfortunately, while the age works for a vast majority of people, the actions of the person often are confused with the action of the item.

It would be just as unreasonable to ban all knives or motor vehicles because a very, very small majority of people have misused or unlawfully used those items. Laws don't account for inherent maturity, so we need to presume that with age comes enough life experience to make a responsible decision. Works most of the time.

If the majority of people responding to this poll were to clarify their answers, I'd wager that their first experiences were consensual or they had no objections with them when they happened (or they'd have probably told adults or authorities). 

Would I have any issue with dropping the consenting age? No. Perhaps I already sensed that I wouldn't object to male/male interaction when that happened, but regardless of legality, I knew myself well enough to make decisions that wouldn't jeopardize me. But I think it's a bit crazy when we have states that permit someone below legal consenting age to get married  and have children, but we conversely make a big deal about certain other activities. (And note: In most states, if you're a married minor, you cannot retain counsel and are not recognized legally by courts until you're 18, and that's led to abusive behaviors by the spouses of those minors).

If you're going to allow a minor to get married, they should be considered as able to 'consent'. So strike down the age requirement for both to the point where it isn't...ummm...creepy? 

And @viking8x6, I've met some 20 and 30-somethings that don't "do adulting". What the hell are they waiting for?