Blocking and ignoring users

Guest bbgnn

• Moderators

Look at the top left hand of the page. You should see your avatar image and your name. Click on the drop down arrow to the right of your name. Select “Account Settings.” You should see the option there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks! So I have found the tool that says: "blocking (prospective) members whose content I don't want to see". More importantly though, how can I keep a HYPOTHETICAL member from seeing my content if I see he DISLIKES it for no apparent reason. Nothing 'controversial' discussed, just negativity-out-of-the-blue the way you discover birdshit on an otherwise LIKED, freshly washed car, lol  Think of prospective BLOCKING as avoiding ANGRY BIRDS that are 'not of your feather'! LOL

Personally I see a lot of content that freaks me out and makes me cringe but I don't mark it as DISLIKED. Live and let live, however selfish or (self) destructive! To keep it all fun and games - Inquiring minds want to know for FUTURE REFERENCE! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest takingdeepanal

@rawsatyr - I asked another member why he down voted a comment I made which actually supported his POV - and he down voted me - again.  

I had another member PM me, who more or less ordered me to stop posting so many comments.

I agree with you.  Some members on this site are just asses. Wish I could call them out - but I might possibly get an infraction, so it's not worth it. 

I think the block works both ways (they can't see your material, and you can't see theirs). It's this correct, @drscorpio?

Edited by takingdeepanal

• 1 year later...
On 8/6/2019 at 6:21 PM, takingdeepanal said:

@rawsatyr - I asked another member why he down voted a comment I made which actually supported his POV - and he down voted me - again.  
I had another member PM me, who more or less ordered me to stop posting so many comments.
I agree with you.  Some members on this site are just asses. Wish I could call them out - but I might possibly get an infraction, so it's not worth it. 
I think the block works both ways (they can't see your material, and you can't see theirs). It's this correct, @drscorpio?

@takingdeepanal I was looking for any information for something else, how you like and up vote items, when I came across this Blocking thread from a year ago. Blocking, I'm personally not a fan of blocking features on ANY websites.

In your post you mention that guy on sites who reaches out and asks you to top interacting, and not in a ribbing way. That guy needs to go, for everyone's sake.  When you Block then that covers you, but he continues to do it to others.  That tin-can gets kicked by each individual that encounters the person.

I don't have a solution either though.  I look at other social networking websites for any better examples, and I find none. Typically if you need to report on behavioral items they will always reply We will review, but also use the Block feature if you do not like what this person is saying.  If you're going to tell me to ultimately just block the person they why bother reporting?

Does a personal need to silence someone (aka Block) who may or may not be doing anything behaviorally offensive OUTWEIGH all abuses of a Blocking feature by its members, and the potential of allowing the bad behaviors of some to continue to occur with each new member?  I know years ago during that Gay.net and Gay.com transition they had shift moderators. But they too can be corrupted.

Wisdom is flowing so I want to add the following: There is no such thing as a hookup website. 

All websites, which have respectful human beings  as members and allow members to socially interact, will always have members who can meet and have sex.  Before the internet not all hookups happened because of bar interactions.  Some people met people in Supermarkets, Subways, and Libraries. GASP.
If you are under the impression, and comment to other members the website is a hookup site, and not a social networking site so stop being so conversational, then you may want to go to the Library to learn about sex.  And I mean get a book about it, not cruise the book isles (unless you're really good at it then I'll be in the Science and Technology isle.)

Have a Sticky weekend!

2 hours ago, StickyWetHole said:

Wisdom is flowing so I want to add the following: There is no such thing as a hookup website. 

I think that would come as a distinct surprise to the owners/developers/staff of several such sites.

For instance, barebackrt.com. Their logo carries the slogan "Bareback Real Time Sex". The site's motto, appearing right at the top of every page on the site, says "Meet Real Men Online for Realtime Bareback Sex".

That doesn't mean every single person who's signed on there is looking strictly for sex, right this minute. It does mean that the primary purpose of the site is for members interested in sex to hook up with each other. That is, I'm willing to take the site's own word for it.

• Like 2

Gotta say, I use the block function more these days. Some people moan about seeing some content etc, rather than block.

I am very very open about most things, but there are some topics and pictures I dont like to see, so I block.

I see this site is great for expressing oneself and fetishes and fantasies and each to their own. I would not moan and dictate, just block so I dont see it.

Another reason, sometimes people are very judgemental and can argue till the cows come home, have an attitude etc, so rather than stress I block them.

And people can do  same with me.

I enjoy this site and most of the community and wish to continue to do.

I love the block feature.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Blocked users’ posts still show up when searching by the way.

Within a thread the user’s posts are correctly removed, however when doing a search the posts and replies from that blocked user appear within search results. So not sure whether it’s a bug or otherwise, but just wanted to mention that, as personally it’s a bit frustrating.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

EB7F95D1-270A-43A4-BB03-C00712A8D28E.thumb.jpeg.c17f43e2df09376706aef54775388aac.jpegI’m not having any luck connecting with my friend that is able to help me with satisfaction and maintaining secrecy to my being married but REALLY enjoy a great time with men. Can’t go to bars and can’t do the matching thing. I’m good with stopping by now and then for a few hours of hot fun and planning next time.  I can do the things you want but need a coordination guy to make sure I am sore with chapped lips after. Dying to see myself being stretched to fit and being taught to pleasure my friends. I get off getting others off and usually beg to be fucked till I am shooting too. I love to be watched by the next guys to service and ask for a video to watch and then see who’s ready for more. EB7F95D1-270A-43A4-BB03-C00712A8D28E.thumb.jpeg.c17f43e2df09376706aef54775388aac.jpeg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.