Do you believe in the future?

highcountrybb

yes. in the short run. but as the british economist j. m. Keynes pointed out: 'in the long run we are all dead.'  and the all-but-forgotten-American humorist fred allen pointed out: 'live every day like it was your last, and some day you'll be right.'  and to lighten all this a bit, former soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev, on a tour of the states in 1959 said to an audience: 'life is short; live it up.'

I am 71. so I am glad I am old(er). b/c we are doing so much damage to the environment that we may have passed the point where **today's** technologies could reverse the race into the abyss, not to mention other dangers, like the current president not being of sound mind and followed everywhere by the nuclear codes.

...and this thread went political in the first reply thread.  Everyone please stop with the hate speech toward the "enter name of President here."  Regardless if you voted or didn't or who you voted for was elected or not...we all are American's and need to rally behind the President in office today.  Screaming, whining, complaining, and throwing a five-year-old hissy fit only allows the enemy of foreign states an opportunity to highlight and fan discord among us.  Our enemies know that they have a slim chance to win a physical war against us, but a psychological war is within their reach and are winning today.   They are faning discord among us today with false news, re-posting non-news stories that if they occurred during past Presidential term would have received zero attention, and creating division against the two political parties at an alarming rate.   

Personally I ask everyone to keep political comments to yourself or in the appropriate political thread area within this general discussion area.   Thanks.

I'm not American. Your president locks children in cages. Supporting the president because he is the president, is a dangerous ideology. Your country was founded on the right to disent. Blindly following that racist piece of shit orange cunt is sickening and has lowered your countries standing in the world. Patriots, those who love what America used to stand for would never support that prick.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Eycurious said:

I'm not American. Your president locks children in cages. Supporting the president because he is the president, is a dangerous ideology. Your country was founded on the right to disent. Blindly following that racist piece of shit orange cunt is sickening and has lowered your countries standing in the world. Patriots, those who love what America used to stand for would never support that prick.

It’s not him. He’s just a slick talking puppet like all the rest before him except MAYBE Truman who was REALLY not supposed to win.

Would a sane President who “owes nobody” try and topple Venezuela’s government to get Rare Earth minerals, in order to build more drones and missiles on borrowed money?

tariffs on China 

proxy murder in Sudan

Red Flag Laws

neither border security nor a path to citizenship

deport chicken plant workers and leave the drug gangs alone

hillary and obama are not in jail, just the snitches that expose corruption

epstein is awful quiet.. oh

son in law is the antichrist

• Haha 1

I do, I’m not too concerned about all the nonsense going on in the world, I am concerned when I text my Daddy asking him if I can come round and it takes him an hour to reply!! Thankfully I’m going straight after work oink 😈

@NewBottom90 is right... There is a lot of nonsense going on right now.  I think that social media has had the effect of polarising opinions - people surround themselves with people with the same beliefs - which only ever affirms them - then there is no grey area in the middle or sensible debate - you're either for something or against it.  "With us or against us".  I used to take more of an interest in what's happening - but the past couple of years it feels more and more futile as you can't have a sensible debate about anything. We need something to change and for the time being at least I've unplugged and disengaged from politics and current affairs, especially online and am focusing on enjoying the bits of life I can enjoy. 

That said, the one thing that worries me for the future is how the venues we enjoy are closing at an alarming rate and are not being replaced. Another five years and I reckon the only place that will have darkrooms and clubs where play occurs will be Berlin - and even that is under pressure (look at Quaelgeist for instance).  I'm making the best of these places while they are still around and encourage others to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ConversionPiglet said:

...and this thread went political in the first reply thread.  Everyone please stop with the hate speech toward the "enter name of President here."  Regardless if you voted or didn't or who you voted for was elected or not...we all are American's and need to rally behind the President in office today. 

The oath I swore on entering Federal service is to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic - not the President. And the Prior Restraint of speech you are advocating in your post is unconstitutional under the First Amendment. It is among our most cherished rights as Americans that we may freely and openly criticize our leaders, including the President. Men and women have died to defend that right. It is the fact that so many Americans take advantage of that right to openly protest the actions of the orange loon and his craven supporters that gives me any hope for the future in this bleak time.

And, on a practical level, “rallying round” is what got us saddled with SESTA/FOSTA. We’re not going to get that repealed by going be-e-eh like obedient sheep.

• Thanks 1

Regardless of everything else going on in today's society,  In the future I believe I will continue to be a faggot cumdump taking as many loads as I can find.  I just don't see that changing anytime soon. 

Guest NegTwinkChaser97

On a more serious, global scale, I think the future can still be bright. Yeah there's a lot of issues coming down the pipeline with climate change, growing/aging populations, political division and corruption, but nothing that isn't solvable if people actually pay attention to these issues.

...on a more personal note, I definitely have a positive (pun intended) outlook. I'm a lot more confident in myself these days of being a kinky/slutty/sleazy guy, I've had a lot of fun and I'm still young so I've got no shortage of time for a lot more.

14 hours ago, Eycurious said:

Obama separated more border-crossing families than trump and locked them in the same damn cages Trump is supposedly guilty of. Only a fool believes what they see on TV. Our last 6 presidents have all been war criminals. Obama overthrew the democratically elected leader of Libya and bombed them into the stone age with illegal chemical weapons, Hillary laughed about assassinating a world leader and using Benghazi to force regime changes.

Where were the cries of racism then? Obama increased illegal surveillance, made the world less safe for whistleblowers, passed an executive order allowing himself the authority to kill any american citizen across the globe. again, silence from the brain-dead herd...

Our country was founded on the wholesale slaughter of Indians and the current world economy was built on, and still maintained through, slavery. The constitution doesn't mean shit...nobody is innocent or "free"

I'm black, I don't believe Trump is racist. The democrats who pass gun laws so blacks and minorites can't defend/protect themselves. The counties where cops are set free for killing unarmed blacks, autistic children are by and large democratic. It wasn't Trump, its not Trump throwing firebombs in black people's houses, thats the illegal immigrant gang MS13.

its not Trump killing black women and babies, no thats stupid black gang members in Chicago, St. Louis and on and on. Its not Trump spreading diabetes and heart disease through black communities. No thats the food, medical and entertainment industries. They'll pin anything to trump and you fools will swallow it...

The military isn't rising up, wtf can basic citizens do? 

who cares what "the world" thinks. Who speaks for the world? certainly not you. every other nation besides america is a slave colony. At least we can still buy guns here

Moving on this, thread is largely troll bait...look at the thread creators previous posts, they're funny but also disturbing as fuck

• Thanks 1

AirmaxUK has summed this up well. Sex on premises venues closing, bars closing, events becoming less popular etc. Yet when U look at the numbers of new members of sites such as BBRT/Recon, it makes me wonder where these guys go..or is all their sex in fantasy mode??? 

• Upvote 1